• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

STORY: Monday March 7, 2016

Diane's already gone from "lanky b*tch" to "she's my sister..." but it really depends on how much Diane has changed from her earlier views of males. I can see Susan taking issue with how Diane manipulated the male students at school into giving her attention and buying her stuff, I can also see Susan taking issue with Diane's fixation with Elliot if Diane still intends on pursuing him after this is over.

3 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Sadly, I find it pretty unlikely that Diane and Susan will ever have the same kind of bond as Elliot and Ellen. Even if they eventually learn to like each other, all those years spent apart and not even knowing about each other's existence won't be magically swept away.

... you do realize the magic in EGS does work, right? :)

Something similar to Nioi's "nose-beep" could actually solve this problem.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I hope not. This seems like the sort of problem that magic shouldn't have anything to do with.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Diane's already gone from "lanky b*tch" to "she's my sister..." but it really depends on how much Diane has changed from her earlier views of males. I can see Susan taking issue with how Diane manipulated the male students at school into giving her attention and buying her stuff, I can also see Susan taking issue with Diane's fixation with Elliot if Diane still intends on pursuing him after this is over.

I agree, Susan will most likely take issue with those things, but IMO, she should have no right to complain about her twin sister's behavior. I think it's quite clear that they were raised differently and there could be any number of factors involved in how Diane turned out. Not to mention that Susan used to dislike all men only based on her father's behavior, which isn't quite as bad as manipulating men, but it's still something Susan probably isn't proud of. Plus, we still don't know exactly how and why Susan and Diane were separated at birth. Diane knows she's adopted, but it's relatively safe to assume that Susan has no idea that her mother may not be her biological mother. The first thing Susan and Diane should do after meeting and swapping notes is to get to really know each other and find more answers together. Judging each other and picking fights should be avoided.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Sorry, I was being unclear. My point was that this is something that shouldn't be simply fixed by magic. What would the girls gain by dreaming of another life where they knew each other and grew up together? Someone else's memories from another universe, that's all. It might even do more harm than good.

5 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I agree, Susan will most likely take issue with those things, but IMO, she should have no right to complain about her twin sister's behavior. I think it's quite clear that they were raised differently and there could be any number of factors involved in how Diane turned out. Not to mention that Susan used to dislike all men only based on her father's behavior, which isn't quite as bad as manipulating men, but it's still something Susan probably isn't proud of. Plus, we still don't know exactly how and why Susan and Diane were separated at birth. Diane knows she's adopted, but it's relatively safe to assume that Susan has no idea that her mother may not be her biological mother. The first thing Susan and Diane should do after meeting and swapping notes is to get to really know each other and find more answers together. Judging each other and picking fights should be avoided.

Susan's disadvantage is not just that she doesn't know she's adopted, but that her childhood is marred by catching her dad with another woman, and the divorce afterwards. Diane has long accepted the fact that she's adopted, finding out she has a biological sibling is probably something she figured could be possible so it wasn't a large shock to her. Susan finding out she has a biological sister would mean that her parents had been hiding an important part of her life from her. I don't expect her to take it well, which is sad considering how much I like Susan.

6 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Sorry, I was being unclear. My point was that this is something that shouldn't be simply fixed by magic. What would the girls gain by dreaming of another life where they knew each other and grew up together? Someone else's memories from another universe, that's all. It might even do more harm than good.

Considering Ellen doesn't really consider her second life memories her memories, I wouldn't expect Diane and Susan to take second life memories as replacements for their own lives either.

43 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Susan's disadvantage is not just that she doesn't know she's adopted, but that her childhood is marred by catching her dad with another woman, and the divorce afterwards. Diane has long accepted the fact that she's adopted, finding out she has a biological sibling is probably something she figured could be possible so it wasn't a large shock to her. Susan finding out she has a biological sister would mean that her parents had been hiding an important part of her life from her. I don't expect her to take it well, which is sad considering how much I like Susan.

Wonder if it's possible for one person to have two angst-induced awakenings.

1 minute ago, Don Edwards said:

Wonder if it's possible for one person to have two angst-induced awakenings.

I would think that people only awaken once.

In Nanase's case, she got the guardian spell while trying to protect Ellen, yeah there was a high level of emotion involved in that she loved Ellen but it was more likely the desire to protect along with the fact that she had been using a fair bit of magic prior to gaining the spell, so one could say Nanase leveled up during that experience.

Susan's case, I guess it depends on if she decides to go on a hammering spree after the Diane Bomb is dropped on her. Will she gain a new spell from it? Maybe. Will it be based on her state of mind during the whole thing? Possibly. It's hard to say how that could play out.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

In Nanase's case, she got the guardian spell while trying to protect Ellen, yeah there was a high level of emotion involved in that she loved Ellen but it was more likely the desire to protect along with the fact that she had been using a fair bit of magic prior to gaining the spell, so one could say Nanase leveled up during that experience.

Susan's case, I guess it depends on if she decides to go on a hammering spree after the Diane Bomb is dropped on her. Will she gain a new spell from it? Maybe. Will it be based on her state of mind during the whole thing? Possibly. It's hard to say how that could play out.

You missed an important question:

Will Pandora interfere for s***s and giggles?

17 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Who would Susan want to hammer after learning about Diane?

Lacking any other justification, anything even remotely resembling a legitimate military target.

I suspect Rich would do well to be out of town if that situation should indeed come to pass.