• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Friday May 27, 2016

15 minutes ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2194

TF-wise - Never did.

Personality - Agree. Never did. Where did that "Derek" guy go anyway? (Wait, it IS Derek. Glad she's not grown to a very huge height, eh?)

Love is fleeting. Also the fennec. Catch her!!!

I think Derek was just her then latest target.

Hmm.  Is it just me, or does the TF sequence look very DA/FA to anyone else?  Especially the "shocked, shocked, suddenly loving it!" progression.

Heh.  Note that Amanda doesn't challenge Lisa's shippiness.  I wonder what we'll see when Rhoda comes out...

1 hour ago, Stature said:

TF-wise - Never did.

Personality - Agree. Never did.

Is this in reference to her changing? If so, on the personality, do you agree that she changed (Like the Q&A says)? If so, what does the "Never did" after the agree on personality mean?

48 minutes ago, WR...S said:

Hmm.  Is it just me, or does the TF sequence look very DA/FA to anyone else?

DA/FA?

4 minutes ago, ijuin said:

DeviantArt/FurAffinity?

Although actually DA has much more stuff like that. FA has a ton of non-fetish furry art, while DA in recent years has morphed (heh) into a repository for transformation/growth/mind control fetish works.

3 hours ago, partner555 said:
3 hours ago, Stature said:

TF-wise - Never did.

Personality - Agree. Never did. Where did that "Derek" guy go anyway? (Wait, it IS Derek. Glad she's not grown to a very huge height, eh?)

Love is fleeting. Also the fennec. Catch her!!!

I think Derek was just her then latest target.

Basically most of her growth as a character that we've seen has been after the 6 month time skip. First we saw her overhearing Sarah and Nanase talk about Elliot and her scheming to make him hers. Then we see her presumably after she had asked Rhoda if she knew anything about Elliot and while she initially still had the "use Elliot as a stepping stone until I find the right wealthy guy to take care of me" plan but we see her start to soften after she sees a bunch of the review show videos, like "hey, this guy is actually pretty nice, funny, and good looking." We see further proof of that change of view at New Years when she's talking to Lucy and states that maybe she "wants a real relationship for once". She also felt bad when she learned about Sarah and Elliot's breakup and cared enough to decide not to swoop in and seduce Elliot, though that was sidlined by finding out Elliot had already asked someone else out. Still it's a pretty good indication that Diane had developed an actual crush on Elliot rather than just thinking of him as some new toy. Although actually seeing Elliot and Ashley together and learning about Elliot's abilities probably cracked that crush, so who knows what she'll do next, whether she still tries to pursue Elliot or go back to her old ways of using men for attention or just chill and try to find someone she actually likes.

Throughout the comic's lifetime we have seen that Diane had the capacity to care about people, she looked out for Rhoda on several occasions, but it wasn't until "So a Date" and her interactions with Charlotte that we see her really care about how her actions affected people, and despite how she treated Charlotte, Charlotte still considered her enough of a friend to tackle a spidervampire for her.

I'd say Diane's been through a whirlwind of emotions the past couple weeks and the whirlwind isn't even done yet, because through all that, she also learned she has a flesh and blood sister that she'll likely be meeting soon.

The depth and shades of character that Dan has given Diane is one of my favourite aspects of the comic. It's pretty impressive for a character that started out as a shallow stereotype.

7 minutes ago, Sweveham said:

The depth and shades of character that Dan has given Diane is one of my favourite aspects of the comic. It's pretty impressive for a character that started out as a shallow stereotype.

Agreed. Also kinda amusing with the fact that Susan went through a similar arc of character development.

8 hours ago, Solarn said:

Although actually DA has much more stuff like that. FA has a ton of non-fetish furry art, while DA in recent years has morphed (heh) into a repository for transformation/growth/mind control fetish works.

You say this like it's a bad thing...   :)

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Basically most of her growth as a character that we've seen has been after the 6 month time skip.

Agree ... on the other hand, hard to say how much character growth she had when we were NOT seeing her. But it still seems that those weeks after timeskip were very emotional for her ...

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

so who knows what she'll do next, whether she still tries to pursue Elliot or go back to her old ways of using men for attention or just chill and try to find someone she actually likes.

Nanase is already taken. :)

6 hours ago, Drasvin said:
7 hours ago, Sweveham said:

Agreed. Also kinda amusing with the fact that Susan went through a similar arc of character development.

Well, you can't really drop complex character in two panels ... Tedd was shallower too ... but yes, those two seems to change most obviously.

2 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I hope to see more of Diane's character growth soon, now that it's been brought back to my attention.

Well the next story MIGHT be Sister III ... with the option for both Diane and Susan to grow even more ...

Also, she might get to some canon transformation too. She somehow missed one FV5 opportunity ...

14 hours ago, ijuin said:

She's looking mighty foxy. :D

She must. If the transformation wouldn't look so good, people might complain that it has nothing to do with the question.

28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Nanase is already taken. :)

I meant more along the lines of doing what Elliot said he'd do and figure out how she really feels and find someone she'd want to spend time with.

I actually think it was better that Diane met Elliot the way she did though and him asking Ashley out before Diane tried, because we already know that Elliot had considered possibly asking Diane out but decided it'd be awkward because she was too much like Susan whom he'd already decided there was no chance of dating her. Can you imagine what kinda of emotional damage that would have done to Diane if Elliot told her "Sorry, I can't date you because it would feel too much like dating my friend Susan." ? He probably wouldn't say it exactly that way but the possibility of Diane coming to the conclusion that he'd compare her to Susan might have given Diane a negative view of her even though she'd realize Susan was her sister.

With things having gone the way they did Diane's probably looking forward to meeting Susan and learning more about her. It's a shame I can't say the same about how Susan would react though.

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What are the odds that a colourized and/or expanded version of Panel 3 becomes a Sketchbook entry in the not too distant future?

I dunno, but I've already got a colourized version of Fairy Nanase from the previous page ready to post once Dan removes the exclusivity from Patreon. ;)

As a member of Team Fennekin, I definitely approve of Diane's transformation.

"If not other things..." I'm sorry, but doesn't this comic already have enough lesbians? I want Diane's woman-crush on Nanase to stay platonic, thank you very much. It would be best for everyone involved.

There is no such thing as too much lesbians, especially when all but one of your primary male cast regularly transform into girls . . .

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

There is no such thing as too much lesbians, especially when all but one of your primary male cast regularly transform into girls . . .

Depends on how you define lesbian. What is definitely never too much is bisexuals.

16 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

I want Diane's woman-crush on Nanase to stay platonic, thank you very much. It would be best for everyone involved.

Well, it would definitely be better for Nanase and Ellen. The one true dodecahedron (or where did we ended) notwithstanding, I think Nanase prefers to be in just one relationship at once. Also, I ship Diane with Charlotte. ... hey, who ELSE should I ship her with? It's not like there is any available man in cast ...

30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well, it would definitely be better for Nanase and Ellen. The one true dodecahedron (or where did we ended) notwithstanding, I think Nanase prefers to be in just one relationship at once.

It hasn't really stopped Nanase from fantasizing about both Grace and Elliot, though I guess Ellen doesn't mind as long as she can tease someone about it.

On 05/28/2016 at 0:58 AM, Scotty said:
On 05/28/2016 at 0:21 AM, hkmaly said:

Well, it would definitely be better for Nanase and Ellen. The one true dodecahedron (or where did we ended) notwithstanding, I think Nanase prefers to be in just one relationship at once.

It hasn't really stopped Nanase from fantasizing about both Grace and Elliot, though I guess Ellen doesn't mind as long as she can tease someone about it.

Sure, there is nothing bad on fantasizing. And Ellen seems more than willing to roleplay, and they have that option now ... I mean, I think Nanase prefers to keep Ellen and change her look to trying other people.

On den 27 maj 2016 at 11:22 PM, Aura Guardian said:

I hope to see more of Diane's character growth soon, now that it's been brought back to my attention.

Her growth in this strip does however, in my opinion, end up quite a bit to top-heavy for her slim build. I think her bust size in the third stage looked much better, foxy yet still athletic. I'd still scratch her behind the ears (and probably get nipped for it) though...

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Sure, there is nothing bad on fantasizing. And Ellen seems more than willing to roleplay, and they have that option now ... I mean, I think Nanase prefers to keep Ellen and change her look to trying other people.

Ellen is not beyond thinking about baseball at times... But the real question is how she'd feel about having Elliot or one of his alternate identities on the team. She might be OK fantasizing about Nanase and Elliot, but most likely she wouldn't be OK with role playing it. There's the "But he's my brother!" angle, and a slight risk for jealousy as they used to date.

A bit of role play as one of his female alternates is probably less likely to feel squicky as they do come with some personality adjustment for Elliot. It's probably easier to see Heidi, Mild-mannered (I'm thinking of her as "Mildred" until we get the WOG) or Angsty Goth (Agnes?) as a person separate from Elliot rather than Cheerleadra. We also know that Ellen considers Angsty Goth "disturbingly hot".

There is a lot of kink fuel available for Ellen, question is what she's comfortable with and how Nanase would feel about it. As far as we know they might realize they are not comfortable using the likeness of any of their close friends, though in contrast to Elliot I think it's unlikely that they will totally fail at perversion (luckilly it does look like Ashely will be able to cure him...). 

54 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Ellen is not beyond thinking about baseball at times... But the real question is how she'd feel about having Elliot or one of his alternate identities on the team. She might be OK fantasizing about Nanase and Elliot, but most likely she wouldn't be OK with role playing it. There's the "But he's my brother!" angle, and a slight risk for jealousy as they used to date.

A bit of role play as one of his female alternates is probably less likely to feel squicky as they do come with some personality adjustment for Elliot. It's probably easier to see Heidi, Mild-mannered (I'm thinking of her as "Mildred" until we get the WOG) or Angsty Goth (Agnes?) as a person separate from Elliot rather than Cheerleadra. We also know that Ellen considers Angsty Goth "disturbingly hot".

Ellen did say at one point of being ok with a "friends with benefits" relationship with Sarah despite Sarah dating Elliot at that time. She could certainly feel the same about allowing Elliot that sort of relationship with Nanase, there needn't be anything physical going on between Ellen and Elliot. At the same time though, I don't think Ellen would bother suggesting it considering Elliot has Ashley now.

1 hour ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

There is a lot of kink fuel available for Ellen, question is what she's comfortable with and how Nanase would feel about it. As far as we know they might realize they are not comfortable using the likeness of any of their close friends, though in contrast to Elliot I think it's unlikely that they will totally fail at perversion (luckilly it does look like Ashely will be able to cure him...). 

Actually I wonder who's kinkier, Ellen or Nanase? Ellen's certainly got an overactive libido which would probably be enough make her interested in all sorts of stuff, but Nanase did get a watch with a 4 boobs morph from Tedd. Both Tedd and Grace have said they were fine with their friends using morphs of them for whatever as long as it wasn't in public, though I don't expect Nanase to morph as Tedd any time soon and a seriously doubt she'd want Ellen morphing as even a female Tedd. They probably wouldn't use the forms for anything kinky anyway just out of respect for their friends.

As far as Ashley curing Elliot of his failing at perversion, I'd say she's already cured him. Even though it was a series of things that eventually made him love his female forms, it all came together on a night that likely wouldn't have happened if Ashley didn't see Susan talking to Bad-Tom and then wanting to talk to Elliot about it and stumbling upon her transformed.

8 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
On 05/27/2016 at 11:22 PM, Aura Guardian said:

Her growth in this strip does however, in my opinion, end up quite a bit to top-heavy for her slim build. I think her bust size in the third stage looked much better, foxy yet still athletic. I'd still scratch her behind the ears (and probably get nipped for it) though...

I would guess, based on her smile, that she LIKES the growth. Although personally I agree that the combination of bigger breasts and slimmer waist seems too much.

8 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

There is a lot of kink fuel available for Ellen, question is what she's comfortable with and how Nanase would feel about it. As far as we know they might realize they are not comfortable using the likeness of any of their close friends

... given their reaction to Grace I think they would be comfortable with that. And I suppose Ellen wouldn't want to roleplay Elliot even if Nanase would like to (which is not likely), but Cheerleadra? Why not? (And secret identities are given, even Elliot takes them partially separated.) Of course, they can't really TRANSFORM to anyone else than Grace ... yet ...

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ellen did say at one point of being ok with a "friends with benefits" relationship with Sarah despite Sarah dating Elliot at that time.

Well ... we actually got update of that opinion ... but it is possible she would still consider "sister with benefits" ...

Actually I wonder who's kinkier, Ellen or Nanase?

Does it even matter? With them together, it's like positive feedback. They would do kinkier stuff that either of them would consider on her own. (If they didn't already.)

Both Tedd and Grace have said they were fine with their friends using morphs of them for whatever as long as it wasn't in public, though I don't expect Nanase to morph as Tedd any time soon and a seriously doubt she'd want Ellen morphing as even a female Tedd. They probably wouldn't use the forms for anything kinky anyway just out of respect for their friends.

I already mentioned: they'll probably fail to resist the temptation to use Grace. The "combination with my magic" seems like Fox will be using the watches. Tedd, however ... I don't see either of them being tempted by THAT. Although with Tedd form, they technically have way to get pregnant even without further help from him, which MIGHT make them consider it later ... (like, thinking if trying Tedd would be more or less awkward than asking him for something else).

As far as Ashley curing Elliot of his failing at perversion, I'd say she's already cured him. Even though it was a series of things that eventually made him love his female forms, it all came together on a night that likely wouldn't have happened if Ashley didn't see Susan talking to Bad-Tom and then wanting to talk to Elliot about it and stumbling upon her transformed.

That MIGHT not be enough for curing him, although it was definitely big step, and she will certainly go through rest of steps without noticing (and without Elliot noticing) ...

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well ... we actually got update of that opinion ... but it is possible she would still consider "sister with benefits" ...

She might have had both "like a sister" and "friends with benefits" thoughts going simultaneously. Ellen had Elliot's memories of why him and Sarah started dated and Ellen even said they "didn't want to date Sarah in the first place", but again with Ellen's overactive libido, she couldn't help but feel attracted to Sarah (and most everyone else) sexually.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I already mentioned: they'll probably fail to resist the temptation to use Grace. The "combination with my magic" seems like Fox will be using the watches.

Maybe, though I wonder if Fox could use the watches, I'd be more inclined to believe that Nanase would morph into Grace first, then create Fox already looking like Grace.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Tedd, however ... I don't see either of them being tempted by THAT. Although with Tedd form, they technically have way to get pregnant even without further help from him, which MIGHT make them consider it later ... (like, thinking if trying Tedd would be more or less awkward than asking him for something else).

While it's true that Ellen thinks Tedd is sexy. I'm just not sure Nanase would be up to using his form for sexy times. She's grown up thinking of him as the awkward cousin and even though the past year has changed that view considerably, I just don't see Nanase jumping at idea of being Tedd to get Ellen pregnant. She'd more likely use her male form from Grace's birthday, with some tweaks to the hair. Even a straight MV1 morph shouldn't look exactly like Tedd despite the family resemblance.