• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday May 30, 2016

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Oh. I though all slays on CMX are in gallery ...

Only if you upload them to it. If you use a host like imgur, it doesn't have to end up in the gallery here. AFAIK

Hi all!  I just re-found this forum. 

I do find it odd that Dan would describe the difference between color and grayscale this way.  It isn't so much that there are MORE colors, but that color is a three dimensional space, whereas grayscale is one dimensional.  If you pick two shades of grey, one is always going to be brighter than the other, and that difference is most of their identity.  But in color, it is more complex.

It's a pity, I really like how Dan colors.  

5 hours ago, Matoyak said:

Only if you upload them to it. If you use a host like imgur, it doesn't have to end up in the gallery here. AFAIK

Well, that and back before the crash, the gallery was broken and so many started using outside hosting sites, even with the new forums and a working gallery, some haven't bothered to switch back. I'm still using photobucket for my stuff, maybe I'm worried that the gallery will break again.

14 hours ago, Prof_Sai said:

I do find it odd that Dan would describe the difference between color and grayscale this way.  It isn't so much that there are MORE colors, but that color is a three dimensional space, whereas grayscale is one dimensional.  If you pick two shades of grey, one is always going to be brighter than the other, and that difference is most of their identity.  But in color, it is more complex.

Agree. This is related to the "which two colors work together" though. Grey only doesn't work with grey if they are similar and next to each other.

I am proud(?) to say that I have absolutely zero sense for whether colors have harmony or disharmony with each other, as long as there is sufficient contrast to see what is what.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

They can be done, but I think the point is that certain combinations are much uglier than others.

My mate's ancestral tartan: Ogilvie Clan Tartan | By Scotland Channel

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Which clan is that?

If the filename is any indication, Clan Olgilvie.

Huh, they once resided in Auchindoun, I wonder how they handled all the dead Draenei spirits. ;)