• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

My birthday present to my self, a French bladed practice non electric Epee arrived. 

Less than happy about needing to walk a mile, round trip, in 31 Degree F (Feels like 23) [0, feels like -5 C] foggy weather.

28 minutes ago, ijuin said:

One mile? Why, in MY day, sonny, we walked FOUR miles to school, EACH WAY. :D

Until two years ago, I rode a bike, granted with some electric help, 14 miles each way to work.  and due to the layout of the land between Broken Arrow and mid town Tulsa, I can say it was up hill both ways.  Crossing a valley will do that for you.

And the mile?  That's just to pick up mail bigger than a letter.  Going any where else adds some distance.

Yeah, I was just having fun playing with the old "in MY day" stereotype.

By the way, it really was four miles from my house to my high school, but I rode the city bus.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Yeah, I was just having fun playing with the old "in MY day" stereotype.

By the way, it really was four miles from my house to my high school, but I rode the city bus.

I will wager a fair sum that you giving me a "in my day" thing requires time travel.

Happiness via Mrs. Prof (see attached image). Garland's own Lakewood Brewing Company is responsible for this special treat: a 22 oz. (650 ml) bottle of Bourbon Barrel Temptress, an Imperial Milk Stout aged in bourbon barrels for around six months before bottling. Vintage 2016.

I called my local craft beer shop and asked them to put aside a bottle on Friday of last week, but health problems kept me from picking it up. Mrs. Prof swung by the place on Saturday to see if they still had it on hold. They did, so she therefore purchased said bottle (apparently the last one in their stock) and brought it home.

I hope it tastes as good as the one sampler glass I managed to get at Lakewood's cask opening party back on the previous Saturday. The crowd for that event spilled out of the taproom and into their biergarten—there had to be at least 600 people on hand, and Lakewood couldn't pour the stuff fast enough. (Note to Lakewood: get more taps for the BBT 2017 opening party.)

Edited by ProfessorTomoe
Too big of an image

There's a bit of irony to Christmas today; a lot of people have been saying that this year's Christmas season feels "the least Christmas-y ever", and yet this is the year with the most heartfelt greetings and well-wishes of all the ones I've experienced.

Goes to show you the holiday isn't bound to the day or the reason of celebration but to the people that want to celebrate it.

Once again, Merry Christmas to all stations. :)

9 hours ago, Red Regent said:

There's a bit of irony to Christmas today; a lot of people have been saying that this year's Christmas season feels "the least Christmas-y ever", and yet this is the year with the most heartfelt greetings and well-wishes of all the ones I've experienced.

Goes to show you the holiday isn't bound to the day or the reason of celebration but to the people that want to celebrate it.

Once again, Merry Christmas to all stations. :)

And the Grinch, with his grinch feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling. "How could it be so?

It came without ribbons! It came without tags!
It came without packages, boxes, or bags!"

He puzzled and puzzed till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.

Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more!

11 hours ago, Red Regent said:

I am spending Christmas alone and with quite a lot of body pain. Christmas Eve, on the other hand was quite nice.

11 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I'm sorry to hear about the pain. Hope it gets better.

3 hours ago, Red Regent said:

Ya'lright dude?

I am fine.  Body aches do to weather changes are part of my life.  Plus my family has done Christmas Eve as the day of celebration for years.  That was started so we could do Christmas at both grandparents long ago.  We have just never stopped even after the reason was not applicable any more.

My former employer, and let me stress former, called me today at about the height of the effects of second dose of NyQuil I had taken.  This might have had some effect on my state of mind.  I told him what I thought of him personally, what I thought of his business model, his massive amount of paranoia, his offered pay scale, his lack of understanding of both copyright and trademark law, his zero tolerance for any mistakes regardless of reason, and my general dislike of America small business that off shore IT functions.  Then I started into his idea that a one man IT department/web developer can rapidly convert a web site to be "just like Amazon's".  And by rapidly I mean under a week.  "Just use their HTML".  I then reminded him of intellectual property law.   A short discussion about his hostile working environment being a major cause of my current mental state, of which I had doctor's reports to back me up with and the very limited amount of money I am allowed to make while on permanent disability, of which I hope to be pushing when Edge of Imperial Space is finished.

After all of this he still asked what it would take to get me to be a consultant for him.

I laughed like a madman and hung up the phone and added his number to my phone's auto reject list.

Damn that was a great feeling.  Very cathartic.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I laughed like a madman and hung up the phone and added his number to my phone's auto reject list.

Damn that was a great feeling.  Very cathartic.

I approached that level before I went on SSA Disability, but never quite reached the "laugh like a madman" stage. The office manager was subsequently fired or quit. I don't know which, only that I got a call from a friend telling me the wicked witch was dead—code for "she's gone." I smiled fiercely for many hours afterward.