• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

One of the kittens we fostered (remember KittenCam?) has grown up to be a very pretty cat under the care of our friends and their daughter. The now-cat looks very much like her mother did, but has substantially more energy (just like her brother from another father, our cat).

I'm happy about how happy something made me!

I think I've mentioned that our local public library is closed for renovations.  For the next year and a half, they'll be moving 40% of the collection to a temporary location, which will be opening in one week.  Anything not in their top 40% (or checked out when the main place closed last week) will be in storage, completely inaccessible, and we'll have to request stuff through interlibrary loan to get any of that material.

The temporary location happens to be directly across the street from our animal hospital.  Pretty cool, to get to have the official public library close enough to walk to on half a lunch break!  They're still putting the place together, and I went and peeped through the windows at lunch today.  There were shelves, some full and some empty, chairs, computers, check-out stations, most of the necessaries were in place.  I could even see stairs leading down to a basement area, which were prettied up and not blocked off, making me think there's more library down there, too.

As I stepped away from the window to walk on to Subway, I realized I was grinning from ear to ear!  I'm feeling so excited that we're getting a new library to explore right across the street!  Books and movies and programs and magazines....it doesn't matter that it's less than half what we already had access to every day anyway, and what will be there is the same old stuff.  It's still so cool!

I'm happy that I still feel that child's excitement at the thought of what can't help but feel at least a little like having my very own special library, moved there just for me.  That I can't wait to explore the new space, discover where everything is, stumble across new stories I haven't read before.  I can't wait to see what sort of children's area they come up with, what sort of displays, how they'll work around having so much smaller a space.  Maybe sneak over there at lunch when I'm not tied up in surgery, and just sit and read.

Felt pukey yesterday and had soreness/pain in the general bladder/appendix area, so I thought I should take a look at that. Yep. Appendicitis. Inflamed but not yet burst. So...

Seven-thirty this morning, I was wheeled into the operating room, put on the bench, closed my eyes...

Woke up at eight-thirty this morning in recovery.

Got home at two-ten.

Modern medicine is awesome. :D

9 hours ago, Zorua said:

Felt pukey yesterday and had soreness/pain in the general bladder/appendix area, so I thought I should take a look at that. Yep. Appendicitis. Inflamed but not yet burst. So...

Seven-thirty this morning, I was wheeled into the operating room, put on the bench, closed my eyes...

Woke up at eight-thirty this morning in recovery.

Got home at two-ten.

Modern medicine is awesome. :D

Wow!  As someone who is still the (proud?) owner of an appendix, I find that reassuring!

Still have to take it easy for a few weeks, and there's some staples that need to stay there for a week, but yeah. Short surgery and a lot of boredom. It honestly hasn't sunk in that my life was ever in danger.

Sure, I was worried a little at one point or another, but for the most part I stayed relaxed, kept myself awake until operating time--it'd be easier for them to put me to sleep if I was already tired--and tried not to laugh when they shaved my stomach hair (seriously, that tickled). I think the worst pain I felt during all this might've been the removing of the medical tape.

When a trip to the ER for appendicitis can be summed up as boring...

Hooray!  Welcome back!

One of the few positive things I can say about Concast is that their WiFi connection is available almost everywhere!  If my own service goes down, I can usually find an xfinity signal to get online with.

The URL autocompletes the most commonly visited webpage that starts with whatever letter you hit. Hitting 'c' has consistently autocompleted to the old forum { .../forum/103-el-goonish-shive-wwwegscomicscom/ } for literally almost four years, and since the Crash it continued to do so.

Finally. FINALLY it shows the new forum { .../forum/9-egs-comics-area/ } as the top result! Only took a couple months.

The off-topic one { .../forum/19-off-topic-discussion/ } is probably not too far behind, though I wanna see how long that takes rather than just erase 103-whatever from the browser history.

On March 28, 2016 at 4:05 AM, The Old Hack said:

They are the tiniest and most adorable little things. :)

I am sorry to hear that two didn't make it.

Speaking of which, how are the two remaining kittens doing now?

Upgrading my old 650 geforce graphics card to a 970.

I can finally play games at 4k without it stuttering to a slide show. I'm also apparently ready for VR if I want to. 

Now I gotta find a decent 4k monitor to go with my tv

The Dallas Stars winning the opening game of their second round NHL playoff series against the St. Louis Blues.

Also, Radek Faksa being named first star of the game. That guy has an amazing backstory and deserves recognition for the sacrifices he's made.

So, anyone from the old forum might remember me complaining every now and then about Dad not paying child support.

Mom just found out through his facebook that he's published a book, Ceres 2525.

Guess who hasn't seen an increase in child support since it was put on the shelves?

Mom's in a good mood, though. Because we get to call some lawyers.

...where's the smiling devil emoticon when you need it?

On 5/7/2016 at 9:16 AM, Zorua said:

So, anyone from the old forum might remember me complaining every now and then about Dad not paying child support.

Mom just found out through his facebook that he's published a book, Ceres 2525.

Guess who hasn't seen an increase in child support since it was put on the shelves?

Mom's in a good mood, though. Because we get to call some lawyers.

...where's the smiling devil emoticon when you need it?

Based on what I can find online, I'd advise to not get your hopes up too much. This apparently is a first novel, and not on bestseller lists. And it's about space pirates. Odds are that author royalties won't cover the advance.

(Of course, if you deliberately gave the wrong title to not give clues to your identity, then you can ignore this.)