• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

My latest work is posted to DriveThruRPG.   If you plan D&D, 5th ed, check it out.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/288790/Ive-Got-a-Bone-to-Pick-with-You-An-Adventure-for-Four-2nd-Level-5e-Characters

I'm guessing you'd recommend 5th ed? I've played 3.5 quite a bit, haven't played for years, trying to decide between Pathfinder and D&D 5. Pathfinder is doing a 2nd ed, which complicates the choice.

I can find either a couple of times a week; D&D exceeds Pathfinder about 3:1, but I'm not planning to spend that many evenings. Once a week would be ideal. So either should work.

11 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I'm guessing you'd recommend 5th ed?

Yes, I would.  Not just because I'm writing for it, but because I think it's the best version done post Original version,

I have a new cat.  Her name is Explorer and she has already settled in and is hanging out with me in bed.   She is about 2 years old and was a part of a colony that a friend of mine's parents had.  She has spent some time inside, but was, when I picked her up, a barn cat.  

Explorer, my new cat, is living up to her name. Got trapped behind some boxes under the table in the kitchen. She also doesn't like tea, or at least hot tea with milk. She sniffed at my cup and then jumped down off the desk. She also is a lot more vocal than I'm used to, but not in a bad way.

Well, more strangeness from Explorer, my new cat. Seems she would rather eat dry food than wet food. At least that what she did when given both at the same time.

That sounds like how my current cat would act when he was a kitten. Then again, the shelter I got him from never gave him any tinned food, and the dry variety that I gave him was a premium variety with chewy bits of “jerky” in it, so maybe he really did perceive the dry kind as better or more familiar.

If Explorer is refusing to eat the wet food even when presented with it alone, then mixing the dry and wet food together might help her to learn to eat it. You say she was a barn cat as a kitten, so she may not have experienced a lot of wet cat food as opposed to dry food or raw meat from prey.

9 minutes ago, ijuin said:

If Explorer is refusing to eat the wet food even when presented with it alone, then mixing the dry and wet food together might help her to learn to eat it. You say she was a barn cat as a kitten, so she may not have experienced a lot of wet cat food as opposed to dry food or raw meat from prey.

She eats wet food, just would rather have kibble than wet food if both are given to her.

Explorer, my new cat, has discovered windows. She has spent most of this morning up on the window sill, looking out at the snow, and, I suspect, "Bird Watching".

Explorer has decided that I need to be up and feeding her, plus playing with the string that closes the hood on one of my hoodies. She's much more active than I'm used to cats being, but that might be a function of age as she's just barely out of kitten hood.  She's been blasting around the house at a zillion miles an hour for about a hour.  I've gotten up and dressed and have taken my morning meds, I might as well face it, I'm up for the day now.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Explorer has decided that I need to be up and feeding her, plus playing with the string that closes the hood on one of my hoodies. She's much more active than I'm used to cats being, but that might be a function of age as she's just barely out of kitten hood.  She's been blasting around the house at a zillion miles an hour for about a hour.  I've gotten up and dressed and have taken my morning meds, I might as well face it, I'm up for the day now.

Make sure that she doesn't play with string that's too narrow in diameter. That's how one of our cats, Baker, wound up in the hospital. He got into some sewing string my wife had lying around and decided to taste it. Sure enough, he decided he liked what he tasted and downed a foot or three of it. It wound up getting stuck in his intestines, requiring major surgery to remove. We thought we were going to lose him for a week there. Thankfully, we had put him in the hands of some of the best vets in the D/FW area (and we had pet insurance!), so he pulled through and made a complete recovery.

The moral of the story: watch what Explorer eats! You never know what she'll develop a liking for.

29 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Make sure that she doesn't play with string that's too narrow in diameter. That's how one of our cats, Baker, wound up in the hospital. He got into some sewing string my wife had lying around and decided to taste it. Sure enough, he decided he liked what he tasted and downed a foot or three of it. It wound up getting stuck in his intestines, requiring major surgery to remove. We thought we were going to lose him for a week there. Thankfully, we had put him in the hands of some of the best vets in the D/FW area (and we had pet insurance!), so he pulled through and made a complete recovery.

The moral of the story: watch what Explorer eats! You never know what she'll develop a liking for.

I'm aware of that issue.  This is more of a cord than a string and is attached to the hoodie.  She can't eat it, or at least shouldn't be able to.  At any rate I'm keeping it where she can't get to it with out me playing with it because if I don't she pulls the hoodie on to the floor.

It seems that is now time to bolt about the house at a high rate of speed. At least this time Explorer, my cat, has waited until i was fully awake and functional. She isn't real happy I closed the bathroom closet's door as she was liking hanging out on the stack of towels.

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

she was liking hanging out on the stack of towels

Cats are soft and warm and fluffy

Anything that is also soft and warm and fluffy but isn't a cat is obviously incomplete
so she is obligated to cover it with her scent and hair to make it as cat like as possible

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Cats are soft and warm and fluffy

Anything that is also soft and warm and fluffy but isn't a cat is obviously incomplete
so she is obligated to cover it with her scent and hair to make it as cat like as possible

Pretty much.  She doesn't seem to be shedding that much, but that could be the time of year more than any thing else.

Explorer, my cat, seems to be of the opinion that I can and should do something about the weather. She has gone from sitting on the window sill to being at my feet several times this morning during the rain. After the 3rd cycle of this she has given up and is on the chair.