• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

Just hope Explorer does not take over your house entirely

If your house becomes her house, it will only end badly for you

For as we all know...

The man who spends his day in the Cat House
Spends his night in the Dog House

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Well, she knows that you can control the weather indoors (lights and thermostat), so why not outdoors as well?

Could be.  She does complain about me turning on the lights in the pre dawn morning.

45 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Just hope Explorer does not take over your house entirely

If your house becomes her house, it will only end badly for you

For as we all know...

The man who spends his day in the Cat House
Spends his night in the Dog House

Bad zen aside, Explorer pretty much has the run of the house.  Much like Susan did before her.

I think Explorer the Cat has finished her heat, at least for now.  She isn't making any weird noises and isn't rubbing all over things with her chin.  Just in time for me to have the money to get her fixed!

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I knew what cartoon that was just from the "get tutored" bit.  You know that Larson has started posting "classic" Far Side cartoons and is going to start posting new cartoons "soon".  More here.

Nice. I did not know about his new cartoons.

My laptop is finally back from Gigabyte's repair shop. Better yet, it works! No problems so far with either the keyboard or the display. I am a happy camper. Now, I've just got to get it caught up on things it missed while it was gone, like software updates ... bleh.

I am now playing through a playlist of ALL TEN SONGS off my Derivations album. You read that right - I've finished writing them! I put the last tweaks in on the last unfinished track yesterday. Now, I'm checking for relative volume levels, mastering differences, appropriate track placements, and other details. I've also put out a call for help in getting the album cover designed.

If it weren't for my knee and my infected toe, I would be a happy camper indeed. :D

First good result from beta testing of Derivations - what was track 9 is now track 1. The placement works so much better, and the transition from the old track 8 to track 10 is wonderful. Burned a new CD for in-car testing on the way down to Galveston on Sunday. Fingers crossed!

I'm done with Cox Cable.  I've got fibre to the door and it's half the price of Cox.  Cox didn't put up much of a fight when I called them to terminate service.  And for once, my up speed is the same as my down speed.  Need to find out how much a fixed IP costs. 

This morning I turned in my Cox Cable modem. With any luck at all that will be the last time I have to deal with those MoFo for the rest of my life.

22 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That is until Cox and the phone/cable/internet/tap water provider you are using at the time are bought up by the same third party, and for efficiency they put the local Cox office in charge of all operations in your area

I don't think that is likely, for several reasons.  Chief among them is the fact that Craw-kan is a telephone company, not a cable TV company.  It could happen, but I don't think it will.

5 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I don't think that is likely, for several reasons.  Chief among them is the fact that Craw-kan is a telephone company, not a cable TV company.  It could happen, but I don't think it will.

Actually, I just looked it up.  They are a Telephone Coop, which has a legal meaning in the post Bell System world.  Granted a lot has changed in the terrestrial telephony world in the last 15-20 years but in general, phone coops can't really be bought by larger companies that offer the same or similar services.  At least that is the way it was back when I got out of telephony, which was in 2001, and I haven't really kept up with the laws and regulations about it, as I have no reason to, as it isn't part of my job to deal with it any more. 

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Actually, I just looked it up.  They are a Telephone Coop, which has a legal meaning in the post Bell System world.  Granted a lot has changed in the terrestrial telephony world in the last 15-20 years but in general, phone coops can't really be bought by larger companies that offer the same or similar services.  At least that is the way it was back when I got out of telephony, which was in 2001, and I haven't really kept up with the laws and regulations about it, as I have no reason to, as it isn't part of my job to deal with it any more. 

Our providers provide Internet, cable video, and ip phone. I'm not sure you can get old school phone service any more. We have phones at work, but their all IP connected.

Don't have IP water yet.

50 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Our providers provide Internet, cable video, and ip phone. I'm not sure you can get old school phone service any more. We have phones at work, but their all IP connected.

Don't have IP water yet.

Like I said, a lot has changed in the last 20 years or so, but I strongly suspect that the laws and regulations haven't caught up with them as yet.  They might have, but I don't think they have.

I got my Craw-Kan bill in the mail yesterday. I have a credit of 86 bucks, which means I don't owe them anything this bill cycle or the next. Granted they wanted $100 to start service as a deposit but unlike every other company I have given a deposit to, they applied it to the first bill, not 6 months or a year down the road.

About a 2 weeks ago, my brother woke up with diarrhea and a high temperature.  These being covid-19 symptoms he was a more than a little concerned.  It took him until last Friday to get tested, due to problems scheduling a test, not his actions,   by which time the symptoms had passed.  He just got his test results back and is negative.  He goes back to work as a scrub tech tomorrow.

My bother tested negative for Covid-19, I just had a good meal of steel cut oatmeal, EtC is being cool, the weather is nice and I plan on spending the afternoon watching videos in bed.  Please, world, don't harsh my mellow for the rest of the day.

It is a little thing
And the reason they did it is not so pleasant
But Google is again featuring the Cricket game they presented as a doodle back in 2017

I know that treating Cricket as a game, along with calling an entire country "Belgium", are reasons why our planet is shunned by other civilization