• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

As of last Sunday, the last two kittens are no longer with us. It was nice having them around, but now they're in a better place.

...by which I mean they were adopted by one of Mom's friends from work. What'd ya think I meant? ;P

Belated byebye for Lily and Joe.
20160522_151356 Cropped.jpg
(picture taken May 22)

[EDIT] removed piano comment [/EDIT]

Also my brother got a Wii U a while ago, as well as Smash and the new Star Fox games. Recently he also got Twilight Princess HD (I'm used to the Wii version, so the map being reversed threw us off for a bit). It's fun.

Edited by Zorua
removed piano comment

37 minutes ago, ijuin said:

What kind of mattress did you buy?

Sealy twin.

On it now.  Best bed in a while, and I don't have to worry about it going flat...

My mattresses don't tend to fail by going flat--they break mostly by the spring wires snapping one by one from metal fatigue and sometimes poking through the top to jab me.

10 minutes ago, ijuin said:

My mattresses don't tend to fail by going flat--they break mostly by the spring wires snapping one by one from metal fatigue and sometimes poking through the top to jab me.

Bed before this was an air bed.  One before that had the issues you have, more or less when I started sleeping on it

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Sealy twin.

On it now.  Best bed in a while, and I don't have to worry about it going flat...

I have a posturepedic twin extra long (because I'm 6'4.5" and my feet would hang over the end of a regular twin mattress) that I've had for what will be 10 years in this December, cost me $1200 but it hasn't shown any signs of wear despite putting up with my 300lbs arse every night. :)

There is something deeply satisfying about deleting 10 years of email from an ex job that I never want to have any thing to do with until the heat death of the universe. And maybe a little later than that.

All bills paid, family loan paid back, major shopping for the month done and I still have money.  There are worse places to be.   And given that a good size chunk of the loan from my brother was to pay for a bed, that's $150 that is not recurring expense.

13 hours ago, ijuin said:

Nice. I don't get my pay for June until Tuesday.

Mine is normally on the 3rd, but that falls on a Sunday, so the issue it on the first week day before the 3rd.  Same thing if the 3rd falls on a Saturday.

On 5/30/2016 at 7:06 PM, mlooney said:

The fact that I will be joining the bunny hatch if full snark mode as soon as SisterSome story arc with 3 in the title starts. Unless he does something really cool in "Q&A:Answer Harder" or in NP. Snarking on non canon, unless it supports the OTT isn't really my thing and snarking on Q&A seems counter productive. In my CFT / time not spent on project [redacted] I may go find all the canon references for the OT14. That ought to be fun.

OK, Sister III has not started yet.  I've done something just short of 200 posts.  I'm afraid to think what's going to happen starting next week.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are you requesting a hamburger today?

Nah, burgers aren't my thing. Got any fresh Spinach? That canned stuff is terrible!

24 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Got any fresh Spinach? That canned stuff is terrible!

And it has really weird side effects too, which apparently include inducing extreme anger.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:
1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Got any fresh Spinach? That canned stuff is terrible!

And it has really weird side effects too, which apparently include inducing extreme anger.

And makes your forearms all swollen.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Nah, burgers aren't my thing. Got any fresh Spinach? That canned stuff is terrible!

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And that damn music that plays in the background right after you eat it.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are you requesting a hamburger today?

11 hours ago, ijuin said:

11 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

And that damn music that plays in the background right after you eat it.

The music is not a function of eating the spinach.
That tune comes from opening a can of spinach by squeezing it with one hand.
It is canned music.

No, the most dangerous side effect of canned spinach seems to be encouraging tobacco use.

Then again...
A later Popeye cartoon (when the TV people had to ACT like they were socially conscious) had the sailor man claim that he just uses his pipe to "toot".
What if the spinach causes severe flatulence?
In that case, loudly tooting with the pipe may just be an attempt to distract attention from other tooting.

The only sound I am hearing is the sound of fireworks going everywhere.

But, no, I am not using underpants as a flag.

I suspect that eventually, a lot of thos classic cartoons will be modified so that Popeye is blowing bubbles with his pipe instead of smoking, and cigars will turn into lollipops and such.  I just watched the original Ghostbusters, and it was quite jarring to see so many characters smoking!  Indoors, even!

I'm in the kitchen getting my dinner and my grandmother wheels up and hands me something. It's a shiny little gift bag about the size of a gift card with cardboard.

Me: "It's just what I've always wanted!"

Nana laughs a little. I look inside and take the thing out. It's obviously a check, but I'm deliberately looking at the back of it.

"A piece of paper! It's just what I've always wanted!"

She and Mom laugh a little and tell me to turn it around. I do.

"Ink stains!"

She and Mom laugh more.

Nana says the check shouldn't be cashed until the 3rd of August. Give her time to get the money. My response?

(beat)

"An IOU! It's just what I've always wanted!"

Rofl.

The 3rd of a month is when a lot of social security checks get issued.   Might have an affect on that statement, given it was a grandmother that said it.

Speaking only from personal experience here.

Praise all things lawful good!  I just set a new record for noticing a stone and passing it.  Of course drinking 7 liters or water in as many hours may have a little to do with that.

Wow, that's a lot of water. Drinking that much water that fast is generally not good for you so don't make a habit of it...

... but you had a good reason for making an exception.