• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

We're not made of money! Just yhe TV was pricey enough! Adding Decepticon Mode would've bankrupted us!

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
18 hours ago, Zorua said:

Just got a new curved plasma TV. It's nice.

Can it fire plasma beams?

2 hours ago, Zorua said:

We're not made of money! Just yhe TV was pricey enough! Adding Decepticon Mode would've bankrupted us!

When you said "plasma", I thought you meant it ran on blood.

5 hours ago, Zorua said:

Fair enough, fair enough. I'd just heard good things about the new plasma-armed TVs. Apparently they are so powerful that when the news cover conflict zones, they can bring the battlefield right into your living room.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When you said "plasma", I thought you meant it ran on blood.

No no, that's the new Draculavision line from Philips. But according to all the reviews, it sucks.

The new TV lets you watch YouTube on it. I pulled up some cat videos. The kitten was very interested.

(I say kitten. She's over a year old; she's just small and adorable)

On 12/9/2017 at 9:36 AM, mlooney said:

I'm giving my youngest niece  a robot kit, which hit's all three.  Thing is David and April know it's coming and April, at least, is really happy about it.

This is actually a bit old, but my niece, Rosemary, built the robot before the new year and has started to play around with programming it.  Given that it's based on the Arduino micro controller, which is what all the cool kids in home brew hardware use nowdays, she should get a good education from it.

All in all I has a full happy about this.

5 hours ago, Zorua said:

The new TV lets you watch YouTube on it. I pulled up some cat videos. The kitten was very interested.

My TV does that!  My parents' TV I had to get them a Roku to be able to do YouTube and Amazon Prime and such on it.  Mom isn't so much interested in learning to use it now, so it's mostly there for when I visit.

5 hours ago, Zorua said:

(I say kitten. She's over a year old; she's just small and adorable)

Awww!  I had a cat, Sara Bella,  who was four pounds fully grown.  And when I spayed her, we discovered she had a big thick fat layer, so I cut back her food a little and she was a healthy weigt at three and a half pounds.  Talk about a perpetual kitten!

The Falcon Heavy just successfully launched a Tesla roadster into earth orbit, preparing for an eventual Sun-Mars orbit.  The high point was watching the two boosters do a synchronized landing at Cape Kennedy.  Unfortunately they lost video to the core and ended the stream before letting us know if it landed safely on its target barge.

14 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

The Falcon Heavy just successfully launched a Tesla roadster into earth orbit, preparing for an eventual Sun-Mars orbit.  The high point was watching the two boosters do a synchronized landing at Cape Kennedy.  Unfortunately they lost video to the core and ended the stream before letting us know if it landed safely on its target barge.

As odd as it is for the payload to have been a car, it was still fricken cool, and that they had a mannequin "Astronaut" in the drivers seat and "Don't Panic" on the dashboard was just brilliant.

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can I get that booster as an aftermarket accessory for my Jeep Cherokee?

Falcon heavy launch cost is $90 million.  I'm sure Elon would take a pottery urn full of gold...