• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Things That Make You Happy

41 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I don’t care for the whole testosterone-dripping masculinity thing that he exemplified, in which you have to either be Top Dog or you’re nobody at best or shameful at worst.

Yeah, there is that. Then again, he served in the army, although to what extent his service was rough is anyone's guess.

He was in the armor branch and served in Germany.  I suspect his tour of duty wasn't all that rough, but I also suspect that there are enough NCO that either didn't like him as a musician or had a "I don't care if he's famous he's doing a <disagreeable task> this afternoon with all the rest of the company"

https://history.army.mil/faq/elvis.htm

48 minutes ago, ijuin said:

In the year 4545 . . .

Ah.  I should have gotten that, however, in my defense I was 9 when that song came out. And it's not really my type of music (I tend towards either metal, "crunchy" rock or prog rock. Or pure folk.)

I didn't realize Exordium & Terminus would spark such a debate

By the way I was 2½ when it hit #1 on the US charts, so I am one of those wretched abominations who spent the most formative years of their childhood in the 1970s

Personally, I liked the parody version from Futurama's episode "The Late Philip J. Fry":

In the year One-Oh-Five One-Oh-Five (105,105)

If Man is still alive

If Robot can survive, they may find . . .

In the year Twenty-Five Twenty-Five Twenty-Five (252,525)

A backwards time machine still won't have arrived

In all the world, there's only one technology:

A rusty sword for practicing proctology!

In the year Thirty-Five Eleven Twenty (351,120)

A schlubby merman's gonna try to get chummy

He may look like a watery wimp

When in fact he's a bloodthirsty shrimp!

In the year One Million and a half

Humankind is enslaved by giraffe

Man must pay for all his misdeeds

When the treetops are stripped of their leaves

Woah-oh!

19 hours ago, mlooney said:

I spent my formative years in the 60's.  Not old enough to be a hippy, but aware of their existence.  I fall right in the middle of "Generation Jones" and am still a bit bitter about older boomers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones

I'm right at the tail end of it. 1963 for me. Mrs. Prof was born in 1962, so she falls in it as well. Neither of us have really felt like "Baby Boomers" at any point in our lives.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, mlooney said:

I spent my formative years in the 60's.  Not old enough to be a hippy, but aware of their existence.  I fall right in the middle of "Generation Jones" and am still a bit bitter about older boomers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Jones

I'm at the tail end of the boom. My dad was a WW II vet, but had me well after the war, late in life, not right after he returned. They built and expanded schools for a few years before and after my year, then a decade or so later, the bigger/more schools were no longer needed.

I missed being drafted for Vietnam by weeks. I had a draft lottery number in the twenties, 28 IIRC; 'the only lottery I ever won'. This was for the order in which your birthday's group would be activated. About when they would have called be up, they were withdrawing. Not a party I wanted to attend.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:04 AM, ijuin said:

Personally, I liked the parody version from Futurama's episode "The Late Philip J. Fry"

I love when they land on themselves at the end. "Paradox avoided!"

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

Seriously, if Sam can ever get official citizenship, he would do well going into politics. They are his kind of people—slimy, spineless, and greedy.

See also Trust-fund managers.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Or simply “Politician”.

Seriously, if Sam can ever get official citizenship, he would do well going into politics. They are his kind of people—slimy, spineless, and greedy.

Politician was my first thought when I read the comic. To be fair, it is part of the job description.

They are cutting down the dead tree next to the house that keeps dropping branches.  This is good, however it's freaking Explorer out just a bit

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are they going to grind out that stump?

Or do you now have a termite mansion with an all-you-can-eat buffet outside your back door?

Don't know and it's my front door.