• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Thursday June 2, 2016

His preference is about the same as mine. I am kind of used to he/him as it describes my sex though not always my gender, I just don't wanna give stupid jackasses to much to wrap their heads around, and while I consider myself gender fluid I feel I float more in agender or between gender than male or female.

Even though I disagree strongly, I respect the courage Dan has shown here.

I was raised to believe that those who claimed to prefer "mild" seasoning were culinary wimps.  I may have been wrong about that broad generalization.

But I still contend that those in the highest levels of the food service business have done a disservice to their customers by not including Spicy AND Sweet as a standard option.

I don't know many people who's sexual orientation is non-committal shrug as well, so I'm pretty happy with this :3

And I suppose this puts the whole pronouns question to bed ^_^

Dan and I have very similar attitudes towards pronouns. Biggest difference is I go with she/her and would prefer to go with a gender neutral option if there was one I actually liked.

I usually have the same gender identity that Dan states. It wobbles a bit. If it wobbles far enough in one direction, I get mild dysphoria - I've had that for a few hours total, and even that sucks, making me very glad I am not trans. I have no similar guide to how far it wobbles in the other direction, but I suspect my normal range is fairly symmetrical.

Sexual (and romantic) orientation, though, I am very solidly - perhaps unusually solidly - gynophilic.

Hot-wing sauce, medium-mild. (On most shops' 5-star scales I go for 2 stars.)

I like my sauces medium. I'm fine with something a little hotter than Tabasco red sauce, but I won't usually go for any of the hotter-than-chipotle-jalapeño stuff. (Edit: By which I mean "stuff that is hotter than chipotle jalapeno, not jalapeno which is hotter than chipotle.)

As for gender pronouns, I am quite willing to accommodate people who tell me that they would preder a non-cisgender usage, but I am not going to play the game of "guess my non-conforming identity without being expressly told", because guessing wrong is way too easy even for the experienced.

15 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I usually have the same gender identity that Dan states. It wobbles a bit. If it wobbles far enough in one direction, I get mild dysphoria - I've had that for a few hours total, and even that sucks, making me very glad I am not trans. I have no similar guide to how far it wobbles in the other direction, but I suspect my normal range is fairly symmetrical.

Sexual (and romantic) orientation, though, I am very solidly - perhaps unusually solidly - gynophilic.

Hot-wing sauce, medium-mild. (On most shops' 5-star scales I go for 2 stars.)

Similar here I tend to find, on the first two points at any rate.  I tend to like fairly high capsaicin levels.

I find that my stance on pronouns is basically identical to Dan's. I identify as genderfluid, and it's just plain cruel to expect people to know what gender I feel like at the moment especially since I always present as male IRL, so I don't really care which pronoun people use.

Then again, I dislike the various xie/zie/xe/zhe/sie/etc. pronouns, just because there's no consensus on which one means what. So I really prefer the "singular they" if you have to use a non-gendered pronoun.

My gender is similar to Dan's, although I do feel somewhat closer to a specific gender from time to time (usually female, I very rarely feel male). I actually thought about transitioning when I was 13 and first found out about the existence of transgender people, but since I didn't feel particularly strongly about it, I figured I wasn't actually trans and decided against it.

45 minutes ago, EmberQuill said:

Then again, I dislike the various xie/zie/xe/zhe/sie/etc. pronouns, just because there's no consensus on which one means what. So I really prefer the "singular they" if you have to use a non-gendered pronoun.

I dislike them because they don't resemble English words. Go find three other standard English words (not multisyllable chemical names, names of foreign places, scientific names of species, etc.) that have "zh" in one syllable...

I don't really like singular "they" but it actually is an English word; it has a REALLY long history (as a singular); and we got used to the singular "you" two or three centuries ago (the second-person singular in the subjective case was "thou").

What I wish we had in English pronouns, in addition to a proper third-person-singular neutral person (we have unperson "it"), is ordinals. "John visited Jim yesterday. He1 gave him2 a book."

21 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

In my case it's more "I'd prefer if you get it right, if not I'll probably correct you, but if you refer to me using a neutral/other pronoun I WILL hit you."

I am personally utterly against being referred to by a neutral pronoun. It has to be either an evil pronoun or not at all.