• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Pinup: June 2, 2016 (Tea Lady)

So basically, the energy and spellcasting (or whatever) requirements go into creating the tea, and are merely unleashed when it is drunk.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

So basically, the energy and spellcasting (or whatever) requirements go into creating the tea, and are merely unleashed when it is drunk.

If the enchantment is a spell, it'd be similar to the enchantment that Not_Tengu put on the punch at Rhea's New Year's party.

An alchemical enchantment would be like Germahn Labs Shrink Soda.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

If the enchantment is a spell, it'd be similar to the enchantment that Not_Tengu put on the punch at Rhea's New Year's party.

... and a chemical enchantment would be a Sazerac (or a really good frozen Margarita, made with Herradura tequila and high-quality Triple Sec).

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, ijuin said:

Good examples.

On 06/05/2016 at 11:43 PM, Scotty said:

If there's an added enchantment spell cast to activate the tea's properties, sure. Then again if the spellcaster was sufficiently skilled, they wouldn't need a lot of ambient energy floating around to do so. Remember, Nanase can also burn calories to power spells, so Téa could also have ways of generating her power without the need for high ambient energy. Yes it does make it easier, but a lack of ambient energy doesn't necessarily make it impossible.

Duration of the effect of the tea could also be determined by the ambient energy levels, low energy and the effect wears off about 10 minutes after finishing the cup, high energy and it could be a few hours after. Unresisted of course.

You might be right - comics didn't mentioned ambient magic could influence the strength of effect, while it did mentioned it influences the duration.

On 06/05/2016 at 11:43 PM, Scotty said:

The tea would then be usable anywhere regardless of ambient energy level and still have an effect on the consumer, but growing such ingredients would likely have to be done in a area with decent levels of ambient energy.

Although the idea about "not working as good" would still work if the ingredients would be something you need to specially cultivate instead of just find - it always had SOME effect, but only when she planted it in Moperville the effect got this strong.

27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Although the idea about "not working as good" would still work if the ingredients would be something you need to specially cultivate instead of just find - it always had SOME effect, but only when she planted it in Moperville the effect got this strong.

Possibly, though I would suspect that alchemical enchantments wouldn't rely on surrounding ambient energy. At least not when it comes to its affect on whoever consumes the drink.

The effectiveness of the Tea or Soda or whatever else, would be determined by the potency of the ingredients, the potency would be determined by where they were grown/produced. So yeah, if the ingredients were grown in the Moperville area, they'll likely have high potency due to the plants absorbing ambient energy while growing. The end product though wouldn't need ambient energy to produce the effect, and it likely wouldn't affect the duration of the enchantment, the potency of the ingredients would certainly affect duration and probably even affect the magnitude of the effect.

Although, I do wonder if high ambient energy would prolong the shelf life of the product.

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and it likely wouldn't affect the duration of the enchantment

I think it WOULD count as any excees energy. I know, that quote is for animals, but it might still be issue for humans as well, just not so big.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I think it WOULD count as any excees energy. I know, that quote is for animals, but it might still be issue for humans as well, just not so big.

I think that's a different thing altogether, and I think for animals, it sounds a lot like enchantments on them are powered by calories, hence why they would starve themselves to get rid of an enchantment.

For the tea and other foods with an alchemical enchantment, it'd be like taking something for a headache, whatever it is that causes the effect gets absorbed into the body, then fades over time. Again how long it takes would depend on the potency of the ingredients.

Here's the thing though, they way I see it, an alchemical enchantment would be something that someone would use in an area with low ambient energy. A trade-off for this might be shortened duration or limited effect that's dependent on the quality of ingredients. As for a spell based enchantment, you could have a longer duration or higher magnitude effect, but it's completely dependent on the ambient energy.

Based on the 2015 Christmas sketchbook I still say it's a two stage product, or to use the military term a binary agent, the milk does the clothes and the tea does the FV5+.  Ellen a Nanase had the milk with out the tea, and most, if not all of the tea drinkers are taking it with milk. Susan seems to drink her coffee black.

During Q&A#4, Chika mentions "projected shrink energy" for the soda. The tea would also have a "projected" affect that causes clothing to morph. The energy for this would be generated internally as the tea affects the body.

24 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

She's adorable. Maybe SHE is Greg's new girlfriend!

...What? It's just as likely as the Vladia theory.

More likely given that Vladia is most likely still in the DGB training center.  She after all is the one with the most anger issues to get over.

Actually I meant that they're both equally unlikely if not completely impossible. Téa didn't even exist back when Dex told Grace that Greg has a new girlfriend and she was supposed to be a one-shot character before everyone fell in love with her.

35 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Actually I meant that they're both equally unlikely if not completely impossible. Téa didn't even exist back when Dex told Grace that Greg has a new girlfriend and she was supposed to be a one-shot character before everyone fell in love with her.

a

She is obviously more than a few days.  Of course she existed, we just hadn't been introduced yet.

It's only the Saturday after the card game from hell.  Sarah found her mark when she woke up the next morning, which is, by Word of Dan, while all of "So a date in the Mall" takes place. Only way it could be later is if Sarah's mark testing montage took more than a few hours.

4 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She is obviously more than a few days.  Of course she existed, we just hadn't been introduced yet.

It's only the Saturday after the card game from hell.  Sarah found her mark when she woke up the next morning, which is, by Word of Dan, while all of "So a date in the Mall" takes place. Only way it could be later is if Sarah's mark testing montage took more than a few hours.

Freaking edit mode

More than a few days old.

Grumble growling noises etc.

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Only way it could be later is if Sarah's mark testing montage took more than a few hours.

It actually did took more than a few hours. We know that she finished the testing before the dinner, which was the SAME dinner Carol was called from to the griffin in Mall.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It actually did took more than a few hours. We know that she finished the testing before the dinner, which was the SAME dinner Carol was called from to the griffin in Mall.

I should have said days, not hours, my bad.

It should be noted that even though Dan mentioned Greg having a new girlfriend a while back (like 2 years ago?) he may not have actually had anyone in particular in mind to be that girlfriend, and if it came to a point where he felt like introducing her, he'd either pick an existing character that fit well, or create someone new. Of course it is equally possible that Dan had already chosen who Greg's new girlfriend was when he had Dex mention it, and is now waiting for an opportunity to surprise us. Just like he apparently knows who Ashley's internet ex-girlfriend is. :)

On 11.6.2016 at 5:03 AM, Scotty said:

It should be noted that even though Dan mentioned Greg having a new girlfriend a while back (like 2 years ago?) he may not have actually had anyone in particular in mind to be that girlfriend, and if it came to a point where he felt like introducing her, he'd either pick an existing character that fit well, or create someone new. Of course it is equally possible that Dan had already chosen who Greg's new girlfriend was when he had Dex mention it, and is now waiting for an opportunity to surprise us.

Thank you. My point was that it's been a while in real time since we learned that Greg has a new girlfriend and I seriously doubt that Dan had designed Téa back then. I definitely did not mean to give the impression that I think Téa is less than one day old.