• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Monday June 6, 2016

Maybe Football Player's attitude was better suited for the stereotypical Cheerleader. Saffron City saw that and needed a new cheerleader for their team and so initiated the trade knowing it would trigger the evolution. Sport teams are always thinking strategically when acquiring players. ;)

38 minutes ago, Sweveham said:

This is...uh.. random.

Well, at least they can't deny evolution now. Though, knowing creationists, this kind of thing wouldn't stop some of them.

Well,they are still the same species, so you might say that was metamorphosis not evolution. 

That's Link Trading for you. But, it doesn't explain how he became a 'Cheerleader'...... unless that football he's holding had a pom pom inside of it.

*hides the original football stuffing somewhere*

Yeah, no idea at all.........

4 hours ago, Sargon said:

Maybe they gave him one of those stones that turn pokemons into different pokemons?

What, like a Dewitchery Diamond. I've heard that item's pretty rare. And it only works if the subject has the 'Cursed' status inflicted, anyway.

That would be one of those evolutions which creates a second Pokemon, though, now that I think about it. So that's probably not it.

EDIT: Actually, since I put far too much thought into analyzing the past couple of NP comics (and their commentaries), this is what we can tell about Football Player and Cheerleader by general deduction and Pokemon logic:

• Football Player is a 1st Stage evolution, as it doesn't appear to believe it exists, so can't have evolved before.
  • Football Player evolves when traded, given visual evidence, though whether specific parameters need to be met is unknown (With Football? With Steelix?).
  • Football Player knows or can learn Seismic Toss, as mentioned.
  • Football Player might be a Fighting type, since most Pokemon able to learn Seismic Toss are, and Seismic Toss is a Fighting type move.
  • Football Player may be able to learn other Fighting type moves aside from Seismic Toss.

• Cheerleader is a 2nd Stage evolution, by process of logic. Further evolutions are unknown.
  • Cheerleader can learn Bounce, as commentated on.
  • Cheerleader might be a Flying type, since Bounce is a Flying type move, though this is unlikely, since many Pokemon of other types can also learn it.
  • Cheerleader can know Seismic Toss, as it's previous form knows or can learn it. Whether it can learn it if it does not know it already is unknown.
  • Cheerleader might be a Fighting type, as it's previous form might also have been a Fighting type, due to knowing or being able to learn Seismic Toss.
  • Cheerleader might be able to learn other Fighting or Flying type moves.

As I said, far too much thought.

4 hours ago, Wixelt said:
  • Football Player is a 1st Stage evolution, as it doesn't appear to believe it exists, so can't have evolved before.

Cheerleader is a 2nd Stage evolution, by process of logic. Further evolutions are unknown.

Cheerleader would be stage 1, Football Player would be Basic.

2 minutes ago, Sonicfan said:

Cheerleader would be stage 1, Football Player would be Basic.

Ah, right, sorry. Though is that just for TCG or in general?

2 minutes ago, Sonicfan said:

In general, but I'm not sure if it started with the TCG.

Regardless, I was kind of just going for generic stages 1, 2 & 3 for general reference, rather than anything official.

10 hours ago, mlooney said:
10 hours ago, Sweveham said:

This is...uh.. random.

Well, at least they can't deny evolution now. Though, knowing creationists, this kind of thing wouldn't stop some of them.

Well,they are still the same species, so you might say that was metamorphosis not evolution. 

You can argue like this for most pokemons. Hell, Caterpie - Metapod - Butterfree is classical example of metamorphosis. In fact, that's where the "meta" from "metapod" came from.

9 hours ago, Darkxemjas said:

That's Link Trading for you. But, it doesn't explain how he became a 'Cheerleader'...... unless that football he's holding had a pom pom inside of it.

He likely got the pom pom in same way Kadabra get spoon when evolving from Abra.

15 hours ago, Darkxemjas said:

But, it doesn't explain how he became a 'Cheerleader'...... unless that football he's holding had a pom pom inside of it.

Maybe it's evolving to be more and more athletic?  Start out with a relatively single-purpose form, then become a much more flexible, multi-purpose athlete who works in the same environment?

(Anyone who doubts the athleticism of cheerleaders needs to watch what cheerleaders can do these days!)

(ETA: Huh.  I never thought of myself as having the body of a cheerleader, but I bet I could have made a pretty good "base" on one of these all-girls teams....)

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You can argue like this for most pokemons. Hell, Caterpie - Metapod - Butterfree is classical example of metamorphosis. In fact, that's where the "meta" from "metapod" came from.

He likely got the pom pom in same way Kadabra get spoon when evolving from Abra.

If I had the faintest clue about the damn yellow mouse*  I would make a comment here.

*A term used a lot by non Pokemon players when it was stomping all over the rest of the game world and made Hasbro buy Wizards of the Coast

9 minutes ago, mlooney said:

If I had the faintest clue about the damn yellow mouse*  I would make a comment here.

*A term used a lot by non Pokemon players when it was stomping all over the rest of the game world and made Hasbro buy Wizards of the Coast

Exactly how role players felt when Magic: the Gathering came out of nowhere to take over GenCon's dealers' room, and from there, the whole dang planet.

22 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Exactly how role players felt when Magic: the Gathering came out of nowhere to take over GenCon's dealers' room, and from there, the whole dang planet.

Crack for gamers was used a lot for M:tG.  Still is by some people.

Game's Workshop stuff is cocaine for gamers.  Based on price per oz it's possible that real cocaine is cheaper.

For the record I was including role playing gamers in my rant about DYM.  Thank all that is lawfully good for both Pathfinder and version 5 of D&D.  AD&D5 being released under the OGl.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Maybe it's evolving to be more and more athletic?  Start out with a relatively single-purpose form, then become a much more flexible, multi-purpose athlete who works in the same environment?

(Anyone who doubts the athleticism of cheerleaders needs to watch what cheerleaders can do these days!)

(ETA: Huh.  I never thought of myself as having the body of a cheerleader, but I bet I could have made a pretty good "base" on one of these all-girls teams....)

Hmm... it just occurred to me, regardless of where you place it (and I place Football Player as the base form of the evolutionary line, because logic), that actually means that Cheerleader is stronger than Football Player in most or all aspects and stats.

Also, going by naming logic, I can think of a final evolution. That being Cheerleadra. Though to be fair, there's easily better ideas than that.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

... hard to imagine Pikachu stomping over something.

Taurus, meanwhile ... or Rhydon ... or Rapidash ...

(Note that my knowledge about Pokemon without help of google and wikis like this would be seriously limited. I'm not even sure how many pokemons there is nowadays - it used to be 251 ... now ... what? 727?)