• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Monday June 6, 2016

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Soon to be somewhere between 800 and 850 once the Sun and Moon versions are released this October.

(Reading what that "*" means on that link): Oh. Well ... only if they didn't run out of ideas already. They only added 72 last time, if they add 72 now it wouldn't even be 800.

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't produce a "third version" for the X/Y generation. I was so looking forward to Pokeball Pokemon Z.

On 6/9/2016 at 0:56 AM, ijuin said:

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't produce a "third version" for the X/Y generation. I was so looking forward to Pokeball Pokemon Z.

I have a suspicion that it's due to the Nintendo NX and whatever Nintendo, Pokémon Company, and GameFreaks' plans for the franchise on that system are. If the NX turns out to be the handheld+console combo that everyone suspects it of being, then it'll be the replacement for the 3DS as well as the WiiU. If that turns out to be the case, then they'll have to do some serious asset building in order to be able to support a console that will likely rival the current versions of the Xone and the PS4 in terms of power. They don't have models or sprites that would look good at that resolution (Heck, they barely have models that look good on the 3DS as it stands).

I bet they pivoted out of making Z in favor of Sun and Moon in order to get one last rush of the 3DS's massive audience with the excitement a new Generation brings before the NX shows up to wreck shop and either way they would have to take a long time and money before the next iteration of the franchise post-NX.

So Football Players evolve into Cheerleaders by trading, eh? Sure, why not. However, it is pretty weird that they switch sex like that when they evolve. So far the only Pokémon who could change its gender upon evolution is Azurill, and even that was fixed in Gen VI. Of course, I'm just assuming that Cheerleaders are a female-only species in Pokémon EGS. I have nothing against male Cheerleaders, just like male Gardevoir, Lopunny and Gothitelle.

Hmm... Cheerleaders are probably the same type as their pre-evolved form, which is most likely Fighting-type or maybe just Normal-type. However, there are still many things we don't know about them. They can learn Seismic Toss and Bounce, but what about their Stats, Abilities, Egg groups, EV yields, etc? If I had to guess, I'd say that evolving would massively increase Cheerleaders' Speed, but they might not get a very big increase in offensive Stats, since they are noticably less bulky than Football Players. That leaves me to believe that they might be more supportively inclined. You know, since that's kinda what cheerleaders do. They can learn Bounce, but I could see them using support and status moves like Helping Hand, Teeter Dance, Flatter, Attract, Charm, Sweet Kiss and Double Team.

...Then again, they are the evolved form of Football Players after all, so perhaps their increase in offensive Stats would be sufficient enough to make them good sweepers. With STAB moves like Mach Punch, Close Combat and High Jump Kick they would be a serious threat against more frail and slow opponents, and they could get some nice coverage with moves like Acrobatics, Sucker Punch, the elemental Punches and possibly even Stone Edge.

As for their Abilities, maybe something like Cute Charm, Speed Boost, Iron Fist, Adaptability, Inner Focus, Simple, Prankster, Magic Bounce or Scrappy. There are lots of great options.