• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday June 8, 2016

I love this!  I've always liked thinking-outside-the-box solutions to problems; the happy look on the Block's face makes it even better!

There's a song with a line about how "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table," and it always makes me want to tell the singer, "So turn the table on its side!"

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

I love this!  I've always liked thinking-outside-the-box solutions to problems; the happy look on the Block's face makes it even better!

Agree. Although my solutions might sometimes be TOO outside-the-box.

There's a song with a line about how "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table," and it always makes me want to tell the singer, "So turn the table on its side!"

... ok, I see yours too.

12 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

In before Wheeled Writer's Block breaks a wheel. But nice solution for now.

I'm sure the wheel can be fixed.

Depending on the weight of the table and the sturdiness or fragility of the hourglass, wouldn't the hourglass just break? :demonicduck:

I don't think I would have noticed if Dan didn't tweet a tumbler question that asked about the bunny suit, but this is probably the first time Dan's drawn his avatar as a human female, not squirrel female.

I think the person that asked the question was thrown off by the lack of squirrel features that they didn't recognize that was Dan.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't think I would have noticed if Dan didn't tweet a tumbler question that asked about the bunny suit, but this is probably the first time Dan's drawn his avatar as a human female, not squirrel female.

I think the person that asked the question was thrown off by the lack of squirrel features that they didn't recognize that was Dan.

... that's Dan?

BTW, regarding high heels: It's not question of IF they are comfortable. The question is HOW HIGHT can they be to still be comfortable. Because NOONE will be comfortable with heels which would be one meter high, and the higher they are, the less comfortable they are.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... that's Dan?

Yep. From Tumblr:

Ok so everything else about this EGS: NP aside, why is there a girl in a bunny suit? XD

danshive:

That is clearly my squirrel avatar in human form with bunny ears and a bunny suit and is there for reasons that are obvious.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:
8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... that's Dan?

Yep. From Tumblr:

... that was rhetorical question, meant to show that I didn't realized it's Dan unless you talked about it.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

Depending on the weight of the table and the sturdiness or fragility of the hourglass, wouldn't the hourglass just break? :demonicduck:

If you turn the table upside-down it might, but if the hourglass is glued to the table so that it can't be turned over again, then putting the table on its side would just lead to an hourglass sticking out perpendicular to it, presumably with the sand falling to the "side" of the hourglass and coming to rest, no longer pouring from top compartment to bottom.

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

If you turn the table upside-down it might, but if the hourglass is glued to the table so that it can't be turned over again, then putting the table on its side would just lead to an hourglass sticking out perpendicular to it, presumably with the sand falling to the "side" of the hourglass and coming to rest, no longer pouring from top compartment to bottom.

And that's what you want anyway. If the hourglass is intended to be a metaphor for the aging process, you don't want to reverse it.  You'd eventually get too young and blink yourself out of existence. You want to stop it, no longer becoming younger or older.  Turning the hourglass on its side is the way to do that.

21 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

You want to stop it, no longer becoming younger or older.

I wouldn't mind becoming a BIT younger. But if the table is bigger than the hourglass, you can still get bit younger by tilling it a little while holding it. Of course, after reaching "correct" age, THEN you need to stop it.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... that's Dan?

Yeah, it's not quite obvious that it is supposed to be Dan's avatar as opposed to some other bunny-suited girl.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I wouldn't mind becoming a BIT younger. But if the table is bigger than the hourglass, you can still get bit younger by tilling it a little while holding it. Of course, after reaching "correct" age, THEN you need to stop it.

If you are older than half of your total life expectancy, then reversing your aging would give you a longer life than if you had just continued to grow older. Stopping the hourglass might mean stopping time for you entirely (i.e. total stasis, unable to act or perceive or think).

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

The Wheeled Writer's Block is sponsored by Mazda?

11 hours ago, partner555 said:

10 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

10 hours ago, Howitzer said:

And that's what you want anyway. If the hourglass is intended to be a metaphor for the aging process, you don't want to reverse it.  You'd eventually get too young and blink yourself out of existence. You want to stop it, no longer becoming younger or older.  Turning the hourglass on its side is the way to do that.

I move we table the motion to move the table.

4 hours ago, Matoyak said:

I just read that as sarcasm. Didn't actually think he meant it was his avatar.

The bunny girl has the same wavy hair style that the squirrel avatar has. Like I said I didn't even notice there was a difference when I first saw her. I was just like "Dan's avatar in a bunny suit" without seeing the lack of squirrel ears and tail. Also why would Dan have a random bunnygirl speak for his decision making process?

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

The bunny girl has the same wavy hair style that the squirrel avatar has. Like I said I didn't even notice there was a difference when I first saw her. I was just like "Dan's avatar in a bunny suit" without seeing the lack of squirrel ears and tail. Also why would Dan have a random bunnygirl speak for his decision making process?

Why wouldn't she use a bunny?

16 hours ago, ijuin said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If you are older than half of your total life expectancy, then reversing your aging would give you a longer life than if you had just continued to grow older. Stopping the hourglass might mean stopping time for you entirely (i.e. total stasis, unable to act or perceive or think).

While both Discworld and the Incarnations of Immortality use similar reasoning, logically reversing aging might make you unable to form new memories and instead just losing the last ones. Not that good life. Truth is, aging is not separate process ; it's just results of all other processes which happens in time. Anything which affects aging differently than other processes must be based on magic and have own rules of how that works, which wouldn't have anything to do with physics. This includes spells which "drains your life" ... either it really drains some sort of energy and while you look older, you can recover, or it really affects aging, but then it's not compatible with physics because you are not moving faster while drained.