• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Friday June 10, 2016

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Huh...that is true. Ok, they'll all keep quiet, but Rhoda will have different reasons. Diane and Lucy not wanting people to see them geek out about something, Rhoda just not wanting to draw too much attention to herself.

Though...I wonder if Rhoda would come back later with Catalina. I think Catalina would like Warcraft. Actually I shouldn't state that seeing as I haven't seen the movie yet, darned hype train... lol

I think Catalina would like Warcraft. :D

Diane would also like the Gryphon, the rest of the movie, again it really would depend on if she does secretly play the games. :)

On 6/10/2016 at 9:58 AM, Howitzer said:

Actually, the first game in the series was called Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. Then you had Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, the expansion for that called Beyond the Dark Portal, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and its expansion, The Frozen Throne. Then, of course, after all that, you've got World of Warcraft, the only game in the series to not have a subtitle.

Like I said on Facebook: It is Warcraft: the Game: the Movie: the Experience. No amount of arguing will change this fact headcanon.

I have wondered since the Nerdsissance brought upon us by Lord of the Rings making geeky stuff cool again by not making 'a fantasy movie' but 'a good war movie that happens to have fantasy aspects', how the geeks are lame camp hoped to survive.

Then again, on Reddit the other day someone mentioned how it was 'nerdy' to skateboard these days because of those hoverboard doodads that you're not legally allowed to use on the street.

I guess everyone is a geek now? Did we inherit the Earth? I almost miss the years of chick tracts and bizarre persecution of being passionate about a thing that is intellectual.

Back in my day, cool dudes had baseball caps on backwards and nerds had pocket protectors, and all was good and wholesome!

1 hour ago, RainbowWizard said:

Back in my day, cool dudes had baseball caps on backwards and nerds had pocket protectors, and all was good and wholesome!

Back in my day he cool kids didn't wear hats much but there were the pocket protectors.

It was not cool, nor wholesome. In fact it sucked rocks and not in the good way.

3 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

I guess everyone is a geek now? Did we inherit the Earth?

Pretty much everyone nerds out about something. It's just that nobody admits it's nerding out when the "something" is sports, auto mechanics, or a few other select subjects.

21 hours ago, mlooney said:

Back in my day he cool kids didn't wear hats much but there were the pocket protectors.

It was not cool, nor wholesome. In fact it sucked rocks and not in the good way.

The cool kids all had inkstained clothes because they were too cool for pocket protectors!

On June 12, 2016 at 9:43 AM, Don Edwards said:

Pretty much everyone nerds out about something. 

This is the premise of one of my favorite podcasts, Nerdette, "Because we're all a little nerdy about something!"  Their definition is that it's not what you're interested in, but how passionate you are about it.