• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story Friday, June 10, 2016

It would have been interesting to have seen a storyline in EGS where Tedd accidentally turned Sarah into part pikachu, aside from the reasons stated, I would imagine the way pokeballs worked wouldn't have fit in well with how Dan envisioned magic working in EGS.

I do seem to recall Dan mentioning somewhere that Amanda had been around for a while before EGS started up.

That hair on Elliot though.

To answer the question: "Was EGS always supposed to be so weird?" - No, it was supposed to be weirder.

33 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2200

The origin of the "Cat Incident"

It's true that it was already mentioned ... somewhere. Possibly in sketchbook? But it definitely wasn't DRAWN as good as this.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It would have been interesting to have seen a storyline in EGS where Tedd accidentally turned Sarah into part pikachu, aside from the reasons stated, I would imagine the way pokeballs worked wouldn't have fit in well with how Dan envisioned magic working in EGS.

I'm not convinced how pokeballs work fits into the pokemon world.

8 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I don't suppose we could see these events in an NP? Please?

I'm more interested in the ACTUAL incident - how it canonically happened - than this "original".

EDIT: Found the sketchbook entry

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I was content with the "Catgirl Incident" remaining vague.  Nothing wrong with some things happening just out of view.

This feels like a tacked on answer to a question no one was asking.

The Catgirl incident remains vague. This does not explain anything regarding the incident beyond what we already know or could reasonably infer. It just shows how Dan came up with the idea in the first place.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I was content with the "Catgirl Incident" remaining vague.  Nothing wrong with some things happening just out of view.

The catgirl incident has already been explained in the comic once in far more detail than this. This is just where it originated.

Even if the original plan was Sarah was to have a tail after"the incident" I will NOT allow the idea that Sarah was at anytime the Damn Yellow Mouse.  Even if it shows up in a story comic.  It is not allowed.  End of discussion. I have spoken, so shall it be.

Ooh, I'm really happy to finally see all this info collected in one page. I always enjoy conception/development info, and I kinda forgot most of it by now :P

I seriously want a storyarc in which Sarah can say nothing other than "Sarah", though. That sounds hilarious.

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Apparently someone was asking.

And I see it more as like a best friend in junior high was shoved in a freezer. Since then we've finished high school, gone to college, gotten established in a career... and the best friend from junior high just showed up, *still in junior high*, and trying to fit in our life the same way she used to. It's awkward.

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If it will be as good as Hammerchlorians, then great!

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

Even if the original plan was Sarah was to have a tail after"the incident" I will NOT allow the idea that Sarah was at anytime the Damn Yellow Mouse.  Even if it shows up in a story comic.  It is not allowed.  End of discussion. I have spoken, so shall it be.

I agree. Under no circumstances should Sarah be a Sandshrew.

12 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

then again any half-anthro character would look better as an eevee.

I'm not sure if how good a half-anthro character looks have ANYTHING to do with the animal part. I mean, look at anthro zergs here.

Mareep didn't exist in those days, though...

This just makes me sad for this comic's lack of perma-TFs... I wonder if they're more a thing in Kaoli's world, or Magus's, or Lord Tedd's, or Beta Tedd's...