• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Wednesday June 15, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=473

Jetpacks? Pfff, go for Pharah. "Justice rains from above!"

The best thing about D.Va is that she gets another leash and Dan does not even bother. Oops, ah. Then again, pretty obvious from a top-down observation.

Mei is a short-range Mr. Fries, and that is bad. There, I said it.

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I have no idea what this is about...

Grace is dressed as / cosplaying as D.Va from Blizzard's new class-based multiplayer first person shooter (In the vein of Team Fortress 2) Overwatch. (A game I have yet to play at all). http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/D.Va is the information on her, and here are a few more images of her in the spoiler. Dan seems to have gotten the feel of the character quite well for Grace's outfit there:

DVa_Hanamura_poster.jpg

DVa_teaser.png

d_va___overwatch_by_chrissy743-d9jfs59.p

maxresdefault.jpg

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

...but jet pack mecha Grace is one of the cutest version of her Dan has drawn in a while.

Yes, very much so.

EDIT: Good lord, this forum... So spoiler tags will cover the entirety of the rest of your post it seems, ignoring the closing tag. You have to go into the source mode and cut the two closing divs out and move them up to where you actually want your spoiler to end.

It's been pointed out before that the forum's code is quite clearly frankensteined together from multiple sources, and the problems resulting from that mess (disapearing text, broken edit menu, blog section that's a pain in the ass to access (why put it on a sidebar and not include links in said sidebar?!), a forum section for a comic being dead because nobody can reply to the posts, and last time i checked the support section was still nonfunctional... etc.). Yet another bug really does not surprise me.

9 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

It's been pointed out before that the forum's code is quite clearly frankensteined together from multiple sources, and the problems resulting from that mess (disapearing text, broken edit menu, blog section that's a pain in the ass to access, a forum section for a comic being dead because nobody can reply to the posts, and last time i checked the support section was still nonfunctional... etc.). Yet another bug really does not surprise me.

Yet it still annoys me to no end. That (especially "disappearing text") is still unresolved since the reincarnation of the forums.

Sorry, but *sneezes*Robin*sneezes*

I did make a Greasemonkey script to fix the invisible text editing problem.  If you have GM installed, clicking that link should install the script.

Its code is:

// ==UserScript==
// @name        910CMX Rich Text Editor - Temporary White Text Fix
// @namespace   https://harjit-egs.tumblr.com/
// @include     *community.910cmx.com/*
// @version     1
// @grant       GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("ul.ipsList_reset li p { color: inherit !important; }");

No, I'm not kidding.  I'm more or less just knocking out a CSS rule.

(Before anyone asks, GM for Firefox, GM for SeaMonkey).

1 hour ago, HarJIT said:

I did make a Greasemonkey script to fix the invisible text editing problem.  If you have GM installed, clicking that link should install the script.

And it works! Thank you for that, it makes things so much easier...

By the way, I'm using it with Opera. To make GreaseMonkey scripts work with Opera you just need to drop a copy of aagmfunctions.js in the folder where you put the GM script. This has worked for all scripts I've tested so far.

Edited by Cpt. Obvious
Because now it's easy!

Jetpacks?

Darnitol, it is 2016.  We were supposed to have Jetpacks as well as flying cars, robot maids, commercial space travel, and every woman was supposed to look like a supermodel, sixteen years ago.

When oh when will the Jetsons deliver on their promises?

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Jetpacks?

Darnitol, it is 2016.  We were supposed to have Jetpacks as well as flying cars, robot maids, commercial space travel, and every woman was supposed to look like a supermodel, sixteen years ago.

When oh when will the Jetsons deliver on their promises?

Last I heard they were busy working on a rocket powered pyramid. I understand installing the engines in the Cheops Pyramid is presenting a bit of a challenge.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have no idea what this is about but jet pack mecha Grace is one of the cutest version of her Dan has drawn in a while.

Yeah Dan tweeted before uploading "complaining" that the character costumes were very detailed, but I think he did a great job. Grace-Mei is adorable as well.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Last I heard they were busy working on a rocket powered pyramid. I understand installing the engines in the Cheops Pyramid is presenting a bit of a challenge.

I blame the Egyptian government. They keep claiming that installing a few rocket engines would be ruining a historical monument. I'd rather call it upgrading to fulfill the designers original goals. Because who wouldn't want to see the Cheops Pyramid fly?

37 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Because who wouldn't want to see the Cheops Pyramid fly?

Well, most of the residents of Hotel Khufu would find it rather unpleasant at this point.  The reflective polished limestone surface that was removed over several millennia wasn't just for decoration.  It was the heat shield.

For those wondering who these characters are, here's their in-game models.

D.va

Mei

All in all, Dan was very accurate, and the characters are both very cute and amazing and I regularly play D.Va who is GREAT fun.

All that being said, Winston is a giant super intelligent gorilla from the moon, with a jetpack and a Tesla canon. That...just cannot be beat.

4 hours ago, Sweveham said:

Grace is indeed very cute in this comic. It's probably both the enthusiasm and the cosplaying.

Enthusiasm adds +2 to any cosplay.

16 hours ago, Stature said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=473

Jetpacks? Pfff, go for Pharah. "Justice rains from above!"

... apparently, the point of the game is to always feel like you should be trying some other character than the one you are just playing.

13 hours ago, Matoyak said:
13 hours ago, mlooney said:

...but jet pack mecha Grace is one of the cutest version of her Dan has drawn in a while.

Yes, very much so.

Agree.

13 hours ago, Stature said:
13 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

It's been pointed out before that the forum's code is quite clearly frankensteined together from multiple sources, and the problems resulting from that mess (disapearing text, broken edit menu, blog section that's a pain in the ass to access, a forum section for a comic being dead because nobody can reply to the posts, and last time i checked the support section was still nonfunctional... etc.). Yet another bug really does not surprise me.

Yet it still annoys me to no end. That (especially "disappearing text") is still unresolved since the reincarnation of the forums.

Frankenstein's monster was FUNCTIONAL.

35 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... apparently, the point of the game is to always feel like you should be trying some other character than the one you are just playing.

That's actually not far off. From what I understand, the characters were designed to all have strengths and weaknesses such that your team should switch to characters that counter the team you're playing against, which in turn will cause them to change up their characters, which means that your team now needs a new set, ad nauseum.

It's intended to make sure that everyone's constantly rotating characters, so the game doesn't get stale.

35 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

It's intended to make sure that everyone's constantly rotating characters, so the game doesn't get stale.

As you descibed it, I think that it might be overdoing it a bit...

It makes it dynamic. What makes it strange though is the fact that you can have an entire team of the same character which can either be amusing or frustrating.

League of Legends constantly introduces new champions to keep it fresh.

LoL is free to play, but champions must be bought to be played (hard or soft currency works).  Riot also has a weekly rotation of champions each week that are free to play.  So if you have no champions unlocked, you always have something you can play.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:
16 hours ago, Stature said:
16 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Frankenstein's monster was FUNCTIONAL.

The forum is functional, it's just not reliable, cooperative, or internally consistent.

1 hour ago, Aura Guardian said:
2 hours ago, Howitzer said:

As you descibed it, I think that it might be overdoing it a bit...

Kinda agree. Non-rotating might denote trying to master the character.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It makes it dynamic. What makes it strange though is the fact that you can have an entire team of the same character which can either be amusing or frustrating.

Visually amusing, strategically frustrating. Might be too overkill if everybody plays as (I do not know) Mei or Lucio

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

League of Legends constantly introduces new champions to keep it fresh.

LoL is free to play, but champions must be bought to be played (hard or soft currency works).  Riot also has a weekly rotation of champions each week that are free to play.  So if you have no champions unlocked, you always have something you can play.

It's still early to tell what Blizzard has planned, there may be new characters, maps and game modes added later on, but yeah, while LoL is free to play with Riot making their money from people buying new champions and such, Blizzard went the other way with selling the game and giving everyone access to the characters and making buying loot boxes optional.

Some people are fine with having limited choice with champion rotations as it keeps them on their toes learning how to play them. Some people like to be able to switch  to whatever they're comfortable with.