• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Friday, June 17, 2016

Does this confirm that Noah has magic beyond "Uryuom Power"? He's certainly tried to gain earth based magic on his path to avenging his parents' deaths. Did he succeed to some degree? Or fail not only because Adrian talked him out of it, but because it was much more difficult for him to do because of his Uryuom heritage?

35 minutes ago, Avistew said:

Grace as a Gandalf baby is adorable.

"Awww, baby's first words."

Why, though, is Grace wearing Wizard Sarah's clothes?

If the teacher pauses in the lecture and says "this will be on the test", the students know they need to pay attention because it will come up again.

If the Dan pauses in the Comic and says "this is not relevant", the bunnies know they need to pay attention because it will come up again.

52 minutes ago, Stature said:

Why, though, is Grace wearing Wizard Sarah's clothes?

Chibi/Dream Sarah and Grace probably shop at the same Mystic Market.
Both Jerry and Edward Verres mentioned buying spell books.  How many different legitimate commercial magic retailers could a town the size of Moperville support?
And even though the suits may look similar in greyscale, they might actually be different colours.

3 hours ago, partner555 said:

I suppose it is good to know, even if Dan admits this probably isn't that important.

I figured it was a suspiciously specific denial, meaning Grace just might learn to be a mage.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

...because this wouldn't have any bearing on how, say, Noah got magic or anything..   :)

OOH! I'd forgotten about Noah. Thank you for reminding me about how he exists and is likely both a chimera and a mage.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Does this confirm that Noah has magic beyond "Uryuom Power"? He's certainly tried to gain earth based magic on his path to avenging his parents' deaths. Did he succeed to some degree? Or fail not only because Adrian talked him out of it, but because it was much more difficult for him to do because of his Uryuom heritage?

Actually, i'd say this goes a long way towards explaining Noah's previously contradictory-looking powers. he can both summon those tonfas of his and use the same kenesis/levitation abilities as grace remember?

Probably because he, and all of the Alpha-Dimension cast, have gone from major antagonists, to infrequent, minor, background characters. I think the last time he was even mentioned was before Noah started hanging out with Elliot. And even among them Shady is usually just kinda 'there' in the background. He's had four appearances, and only one line, ever, and i'm pretty sure it was a throw-away line. he's of no significance.

38 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Probably because he, and all of the Alpha-Dimension cast, have gone from major antagonists, to infrequent, minor, background characters. I think the last time he was even mentioned was before Noah started hanging out with Elliot. And even among them Shady is usually just kinda 'there' in the background. He's had four appearances, and only one line, ever, and i'm pretty sure it was a throw-away line. he's of no significance.

For now, but several real life years down the track, I'm sure he'll be important again, along with the rest of the Lord Tedd stuff.

59 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

2020?  There's a fair chance we won't even see Grace turn 19 before then.

Give Dan some credit, we saw Grace turn 18 a little over 3 years after the comic started. So that would make it somewhere in 2019 that she'll turn 19. :)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Give Dan some credit, we saw Grace turn 18 a little over 3 years after the comic started. So that would make it somewhere in 2019 that she'll turn 19. :)

OK, we are fairly sure the next arc is going to be Sisters 3. Unless they are a part of it, we still have Sarah and Sam's "date" and Justin and Luke's date to deal with.  That, based on "So a date in the mall" is going to take a couple of hundred strips each.  So three arcs, let's call it 500 strips at 3 a week is roughly 3 years and 2 months.  That will take care of the next 10 days or so of comic time.  It will be, at most, early February comic time by 2019.  I suspect at least one of the dates is going to be NP canon story line to avoid some of that, but still.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

OK, we are fairly sure the next arc is going to be Sisters 3. Unless they are a part of it, we still have Sarah and Sam's "date" and Justin and Luke's date to deal with.  That, based on "So a date in the mall" is going to take a couple of hundred strips each.  So three arcs, let's call it 500 strips at 3 a week is roughly 3 years and 2 months.  That will take care of the next 10 days or so of comic time.  It will be, at most, early February comic time by 2019.  I suspect at least one of the dates is going to be NP canon story line to avoid some of that, but still.

It's possible that one of the dates might be lumped in with another storyline. A storyline could also span several days comic time, "Identity" lasted 4 months and spanned 3-4 days comic time. Dan could manage to get Sarah and Sam's date plus Justin and Luke's in a storyline that way. And yeah, Np could be used for some stuff as well.

Hm. But there's no such thing as enough firepower when you live in a world with magic in it...

CRUSH THE ELF!

BURN THE GRIFFIN!

WE WILL NAE BE BEWITCHED AGAIN!

Seriously though, magic on top of Grace's existing durability, versatility, and general powerhouseness is probably OP.

My main thought is that while she's great with physical stuff, blasty magic might be tricky to deal with...

But hell, all her friends are magic (la la la la laaaa my little pony), so it's not implausible she could get Nanase or someone to figure out how to make a Scrunchie Of +5 Resist Blasty Magic. So adding more dakka to Grace's existing RIP AND TEAR suited moveset is not necessary.

1 hour ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Is baby Grace's line a reference to something?

She's emulating a teacher speaking to a poor student.

"You shall not pass."

4 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Is baby Grace's line a reference to something?

Gandalf says that in Lord of the Rings, so it's a famous wizard sentence. She's mispronouncing it because she's a baby.

1 hour ago, Avistew said:

Gandalf says that in Lord of the Rings, so it's a famous wizard sentence. She's mispronouncing it because she's a baby.

Are we even certain that's baby Grace and not just some random baby? I seem to recall Dr Sciuridae saying that Grace was born already in her half squirrel form. I don't think she'd have the ability to morph into a human form that early.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, Avistew said:

Are we even certain that's baby Grace and not just some random baby? I seem to recall Dr Sciuridae saying that Grace was born already in her half squirrel form. I don't think she'd have the ability to morph into a human form that early.

I think it's supposed to be representative of how Grace's Magic Power is as weak as a baby, while her Uryuom Power is big and beefy.