• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Monday June 20, 2016

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=475

I can sympathize, there was one match I was in where a guy kept calling for someone to switch to Reinhardt, I finally did just to shut him up but really if he wanted a Reinhardt on the team that bad, why didn't he switch?

Edit: Just noticed the TF2 Heavy referrence in the commentary. Nice one Dan. ;)

1 minute ago, Avistew said:

I didn't recognize Rich or Larry at all until I read the commentary. Oops?

Mercy certainly looked familiar because of the glasses, but I probably would have lost sleep trying to figure out who. :)

1 hour ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

My money is on "some guy" being the one who called for an all Bastion team.

The Dilbert character Dick from the Internet.

15 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Given that Some Guy won the tournament, I'm betting he's a pretty good strategist and knows the importance of balance in a team.

I donno. Sligh is a pretty good example of a Magic deck where every card basically does the same thing. It's a mono red deck where every card is either a cheap 1-2 mana creature, or a cheap 1-2 mana burn spell.

It either kills you in 3 or 4 turns, or else you weather the initial onslaught, stabilize the game, and then dismantle it.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Edit: Just noticed the TF2 Heavy referrence in the commentary. Nice one Dan. ;)

... where?

(Note that even I know what Splatoon is. Even played it once, on con. I suppose it was tutorial mission but still.)

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... where?

(Note that even I know what Splatoon is. Even played it once, on con. I suppose it was tutorial mission but still.)

They are credit to team here.

The Heavy in TF2 will sometimes say "so-and-so is credit to team!"

...I have to say it.

Fox only.

No items.

Final Destination.

(Also, regarding Dan's video, I feel like D. Va's shouts would get real old real quick.)

I don't see why people can't use the text chat like the good old Starcraft days.

(...yes, I realize how impractical that is in an FPS.  Gimme my dream.)

Whosoever suggests an all-Bastion team is a hooligan, for one.

Why argue as to where the turret will be placed if it will just be destroyed after? Well, might as well make sandwiches.

Ooooh I thought that voice wanted them to go play the game Bastion. I didn't realise there is a character named that. (My only exposure to Overwatch has been these NP comics and I haven't kept a tight track of the names if Bastion was mentioned before).

2 hours ago, Avistew said:

Ooooh I thought that voice wanted them to go play the game Bastion. I didn't realise there is a character named that. (My only exposure to Overwatch has been these NP comics and I haven't kept a tight track of the names if Bastion was mentioned before).

That was my guess, too.

6 hours ago, Stature said:

Whosoever suggests an all-Bastion team is a hooligan, for one.

Why argue as to where the turret will be placed if it will just be destroyed after? Well, might as well make sandwiches.

Ooooh, Sandvich...

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, Avistew said:

I didn't recognize Rich or Larry at all until I read the commentary. Oops?

Mercy certainly looked familiar because of the glasses, but I probably would have lost sleep trying to figure out who. :)

The halo is pretty hidden, so that is one reason.

Also, great job, me. Unexpectedly saying the almost same sentence in the commentary.

7 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Ooooh, Sandvich...

You want one? Single stack, double, or a Dagwood?

Unless I'm playing with friends, I tend to keep voice chat volume off at all times. 

I haven't really suffered for it at all.

Also, Symmetra is surprisingly fun - for someone whose main shtick is to lay down a bunch of mini-turrets on walls and whose ultimate ability is a teleporter, it's remarkably satisfying to just create an impossible-to-cross choke point of turrets, and lob charged-up giant ball after giant ball of death-dealing energy (use alt fire) at the team trying to push. 

1 hour ago, Intro said:

Unless I'm playing with friends, I tend to keep voice chat volume off at all times.

If I'm playing with friends, I'm more likely to be using Teamspeak or Discord for voice chat.

7 hours ago, Stature said:

You want one? Single stack, double, or a Dagwood?

Actually, I was making a reference to the TF2 Heavy and his "Sandviches", since we had already been talking about him.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

If I'm playing with friends, I'm more likely to be using Teamspeak or Discord for voice chat.

Discord is surprisingly good for a program that iirc is still technically in alpha. (It might have gone into beta since I started using it, though?)

2 hours ago, Stature said:

Some would use Skype for voice chat. As someone who has not done it yet, I have no say.

I'd recommend Discord if you ever try it out. Way better than Skype.

2 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

Discord is surprisingly good for a program that iirc is still technically in alpha. (It might have gone into beta since I started using it, though?)

Yeah, I'm not sure what version it's at right now.

6 minutes ago, Matoyak said:
2 hours ago, Stature said:

Some would use Skype for voice chat. As someone who has not done it yet, I have no say.

I'd recommend Discord if you ever try it out. Way better than Skype.

And download the app rather than use the browser based version, the app has more features and the browser version doesn't like being unfocused

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Actually, I was making a reference to the TF2 Heavy and his "Sandviches", since we had already been talking about him.

Yes, I am aware of Heavy and his Sandviches and his love of those (my gosh those things are pretty small for a big guy to enjoy).

I was kind of asking if you want some of your own Sandvich ^_^

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And download the app rather than use the browser based version, the app has more features and the browser version doesn't like being unfocused

Aight, but I am not completely sold