• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

NP, Monday June 20, 2016

5 hours ago, Matoyak said:

Discord is surprisingly good for a program that iirc is still technically in alpha. (It might have gone into beta since I started using it, though?)

I'd recommend Discord if you ever try it out. Way better than Skype.

Does make you sound like John de Lancie?  Can you warp reality with it?  Does it make you friends with Fluttershy?

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can playing video games help Grace build up her magic power?
I don't think she uses any Uryuom power to stomp turtles...

She don't use magic power for that either.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Does make you sound like John de Lancie?

People seem to love unauthorised 3rd party addons for things, so there's probably a voice filter out there somewhere for the correct pitch and tone, but you would need to learn the speech mannerisms yourself.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Does make you sound like John de Lancie?  Can you warp reality with it?  Does it make you friends with Fluttershy?

Hmm. Let's answer these in order:

1. I don't believe so.
  2. The call quality is so good I suspect it might do this by default. (Seriously, there's normally so little static and background noise that my friends and I often have to do checks to see if someone's there if they haven't spoken in a while).
  3. Unfortunately not. She seems like she'd be a fun person to hang out with.
2 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

People seem to love unauthorised 3rd party addons for things, so there's probably a voice filter out there somewhere for the correct pitch and tone, but you would need to learn the speech mannerisms yourself.

Discord is new enough that I suspect this hasn't happened yet. It was in alpha when I picked it up late last year, and I suspect it's still in alpha, though I can't find anything saying such.

2 minutes ago, Matoyak said:
3 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Discord is new enough that I suspect this hasn't happened yet. It was in alpha when I picked it up late last year, and I suspect it's still in alpha, though I can't find anything saying such.

Give it time...

I don't use voice in games, but I do use Discord and listen in. Of the dozens of audio services I've used, it is perhaps the most effective. Vocal quality is reasonable, bandwidth is reasonable, updates keep rolling in.

I heart Splatoon.

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can playing video games help Grace build up her magic power?
I don't think she uses any Uryuom power to stomp turtles...

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

She don't use magic power for that either.

That's right.

Pinball players can be wizards.  Not Videogame players.