• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Wednesday, June 22, 2016

16 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Ah, webcomic time. People don't always realise real life passage of time is not equivalent to story passage of time.

What's the link to the infamous Freefall comic about how long a day felt?

28 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Ah, webcomic time. People don't always realise real life passage of time is not equivalent to story passage of time.

Which is surprising given how gigantic the difference is.

27 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

Seems like something important is going to happen on Sunday in-verse.

Not necessary. It might be something which already happened in Saturday or it may happen in Monday ...

12 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

What's the link to the infamous Freefall comic about how long a day felt?

You mean the one linked from mentioned tvtropes page ?

There is enough rant to cover for the Pacing topic page.

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow. No time-skip on the sabbatical, please.

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
49 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

Not necessary. It might be something which already happened in Saturday or it may happen in Monday ...

True, but given that Dan says "It's pretty much been impossible to show anything past that Saturday because of what comes next." that implies that something significant is going to happen Sunday. Could be an escalation of something started on Saturday, or it might just be the start of a whole roller-coaster of 'fun'. No real way to know until the Q&A finishes and the story resumes. (And probably a few updates after that as it's doubtful, though possible, to jump right into whatever the significant thing is)

I just noticed something... Dan doesn't usually forget that shirts with buttons or zippers will have a noticeable seam in the front... yet Lisa's shirt doesn't.

... so are the buttons on her shirt fake?

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Word of Dan is the next arc will cover the next week.  We might get lucky and it be past February when 2019 rolls around.

Well...Sister 2 took 21 months to complete (started in April 2008, ended January of 2010) which I believe spanned about a week comic time as well. So if Dan manages the story as well as Amanda claims he is, then at most Sister 3 could be done by late 2018. That's just a guess though and depends on if Dan uses the chapter format he used in Sister 2.

3 hours ago, Drasvin said:

True, but given that Dan says "It's pretty much been impossible to show anything past that Saturday because of what comes next." that implies that something significant is going to happen Sunday. Could be an escalation of something started on Saturday, or it might just be the start of a whole roller-coaster of 'fun'. No real way to know until the Q&A finishes and the story resumes. (And probably a few updates after that as it's doubtful, though possible, to jump right into whatever the significant thing is)

Well Nanase and Elliot did say they were going to report what they've discovered about; the Griffins, the other half of the world and how magic flow between them is blocked in Moperville, the increase in the number of vampires in Moperville and how Diane is Susan's sister; "tomorrow", so logically, Dan would have to start the next story arc with Nanase, Elliot and whoever else tags along getting Edward's reaction, exposition and advise on the subject on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I just noticed something... Dan doesn't usually forget that shirts with buttons or zippers will have a noticeable seam in the front... yet Lisa's shirt doesn't.

... so are the buttons on her shirt fake?

Yeah it's likely a faux dress shirt, there's no seam on it for any of Lisa's appearances in the Q&A so it's not like Dan simply forgot to draw it in this page

13 hours ago, mlooney said:

Word of Dan is the next arc will cover the next week.  We might get lucky and it be past February when 2019 rolls around.

It would really depend on when in the month of January we are currently. By logic, the Saturday just gone could be the 11th, the 18th or the 25th, meaning the griffons' date to meet Elliot and co. in 4 weeks would be Saturday the 8th, 15th or 22nd of February, so it has to be February by the time that happens. Also, if the Saturday just gone is the 25th, the Sunday following it, the 26th, is the one year anniversary of when Tedd and Grace first met, oddly enough.

6 hours ago, Wixelt said:

Also, if the Saturday just gone is the 25th, the Sunday following it, the 26th, is the one year anniversary of when Tedd and Grace first met, oddly enough.

I would guess that one being right for the sake of overly dramatic timing, given something big's supposedly about to go down. you know how this series is.

21 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Sunday! Sunday! SUNDAY!!! At the Moperville Arena! BE THERE!!!

41 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I would guess that one being right for the sake of overly dramatic timing, given something big's supposedly about to go down. you know how this series is.

With all that's going on already, adding an anniversary would be too much, not only that but the 29th of January is Ellen's "birthday" so while it would be apt if the arc is named Sister 3, I still firmly believe that a time skip longer than a few days hasn't happened between Family Tree and Identity, so January 11th seems the most likely day that So a Date happens on. I'd actually like it if Tedd and Grace's anniversary and Ellen's "birthday" were together in a separate story arc some time after this next one.

20 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Of course, it could be that Sunday will be a really dull day; not only does nothing significant happen, but nothing even interesting happens.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:
21 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Well Nanase and Elliot did say they were going to report what they've discovered about; the Griffins, the other half of the world and how magic flow between them is blocked in Moperville, the increase in the number of vampires in Moperville and how Diane is Susan's sister; "tomorrow", so logically, Dan would have to start the next story arc with Nanase, Elliot and whoever else tags along getting Edward's reaction, exposition and advise on the subject on a Sunday.

Right. So, Sunday won't be significant based on what will happen, but based on people getting to know what happened on Saturday. It may be Nanase and Elliot telling Edward. It may be Justin finally getting tested if he's awakened. It may be Sarah telling someone about her spell ... or Tedd telling someone else about his ability. It may be someone being told about Elliot being Cheerleadra. Or maybe Grace decide to tell something to Raven.

42 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Right. So, Sunday won't be significant based on what will happen, but based on people getting to know what happened on Saturday. It may be Nanase and Elliot telling Edward. It may be Justin finally getting tested if he's awakened. It may be Sarah telling someone about her spell ... or Tedd telling someone else about his ability. It may be someone being told about Elliot being Cheerleadra. Or maybe Grace decide to tell something to Raven.

It depends on who's there on Sunday. It could be just Nanase and Elliot talking with Edward for the bare minimum talking about the griffins, other half of the world, magic clog, vampires and Immortal interferrence(Voltaire)/intervention(Helena and Demetrius), Tedd and Grace likely will be there and mention the Immortal(Pandora) marking people. Ellen might be there because of her involvement and probably would insist on going because she's likely just as interested in finding out if Susan is adopted.

I don't think there'd be a reason for Justin and Sarah being there, Sarah's been told that Edward should not know about her spell so she might actually avoid going over to the Verres household for a while, I can see that making Tedd and Grace suspicious unless Sarah does at least tell them about it. Justin has no reason to believe he needs to be there, everything he knows, Grace and Tedd knows and he didn't really get any information worth telling Edward from Luke.

Susan, unless Edward ends up calling her over to break the news, won't be there. When we last saw Diane, Nanase told her he was going to ask Edward for more information but it didn't sound like Diane was going with them, so I doubt she'll be there either.

The one I'm really not sure about though, is Ashley. She very likely wouldn't have an issue with not being there, as interesting it'd be for her, she's made it clear that she's not going to pry into anything. However, Edward might want to meet her so that he can judge whether she can be trusted given how close she's gotten to Elliot. On that thought, he might want to meet Luke as well and find who Luke's friends are.

Oh, about the Immortals, yeah I gave their names mainly for our benefit. None of the main eight would know Pandora's or Voltaire's names and Elliot would be the only one (unless Ashley's there) to have heard Helena and Demetrius call each other by name, whether or not he remembers their names is another story, he might just say "they called themselves Helen and Dennis"

36 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Justin has no reason to believe he needs to be there

He has no more reason to be there now than he already had, true. Nevertheless, he MIGHT decide to get tested.

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I can see that making Tedd and Grace suspicious unless Sarah does at least tell them about it.

Of course when I mentioned Sarah I though her telling Tedd or Grace, not Edward.

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and Elliot would be the only one (unless Ashley's there) to have heard Helena and Demetrius call each other by name, whether or not he remembers their names is another story

While the idea of having Ashley there because unlike Elliot she actually remembers the names is nice, I'm sure the names are recorded on several Youtube videos.

39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Edward might want to meet her so that he can judge whether she can be trusted

... that's assuming he doesn't already know. It would be good example of how carefully he observes the main eight: Ashley was very random encounter, on the other hand it wasn't like they were keeping it secret.

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... that's assuming he doesn't already know. It would be good example of how carefully he observes the main eight: Ashley was very random encounter, on the other hand it wasn't like they were keeping it secret.

As if Nanase, Elliot and Diane weren't already disturbed by the idea of Edward keeping tabs on everyone's background.

Hmm I wonder if Edward has an ability that lets him remember everything he reads, and recall it with great accuracy, he'd probably know the backgrounds of every person in Moperville.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It depends on who's there on Sunday. It could be just Nanase and Elliot talking with Edward for the bare minimum talking about the griffins, other half of the world, magic clog, vampires and Immortal interferrence(Voltaire)/intervention(Helena and Demetrius), Tedd and Grace likely will be there and mention the Immortal(Pandora) marking people. Ellen might be there because of her involvement and probably would insist on going because she's likely just as interested in finding out if Susan is adopted.

actually I can see Tedd wanting to avoid his dad for a bit, given his realizations about himself also made him realize how Edward has been (Inadvertently?) treating him.

5 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

actually I can see Tedd wanting to avoid his dad for a bit, given his realizations about himself also made him realize how Edward has been (Inadvertently?) treating him.

I agree so very much with that. I don't think Edward understands how much he has hurt his son, but Tedd no longer feels safe around his father and that is a terrible situation for both of them.