• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Wednesday, June 22, 2016

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Actually, I meant it the other way around--i.e. that Tedd (for example) transforming into a girl would CAUSE him to want to be a girl more--in other words, that transformation would cause the person to identify with the transformed state rather than the native state. In blunter terms, "turning bodily into a girl would gradually make him become a girl inside too". I'm trying to say that the misconception that lots of people seem to share is the idea that the mind follows the body or some such.

Technically, we don't know enough about the TF gun to rule that out. It DOES seem to suppress the gender dysphoria somehow ... so it IS possible overuse can make person gender fluid. And remember what happened to Elliot. Or Ellen. Sure, we can speculate that their gender identity wasn't that strong to start with, but we can't rule out that if this would happen to someone with strong gender identity the gun would still be able to compensate.

While I think that Tedd was gender fluid even before the gun, I don't think I can prove it.

The main issue here is that being gender fluid (or bisexual) is not that bad. It gives new option, it doesn't take one out.

18 minutes ago, ijuin said:

To your or my mindset, yes, but not to people to whom conformity is equated with security.

Well, to misquote Benjamin Franklin in even more remote context than usual, “Those who give up liberty for security deserve neither.”

(Actually, I would assume being gender fluid WITHOUT the TF gun option can be stressing. And my understanding of bisexuality may be incorrect too. Still, trying to force someone to conform is bad, even more so if it's someone else.)

20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, I would assume being gender fluid WITHOUT the TF gun option can be stressing.

It is. Even being only mildly genderfluid. Not that I'd equate it, or even compare it, to what someone who's transgender deals with - I've had dysphoria for hours *total*, they suffer it for hours *daily* - but it's nonzero.