• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
InfiniteRemnant

NP, Friday June 24, 2016

Having delivered pizza for too long, I must make the following observation.

While this idea sounds playable and entertaining, it is based on a faulty premise.

If the pizza is delivered within a specified and relatively large window of time, then the specific time of delivery has almost no bearing on the amount the customer will tip.  Most customers decide what they will tip when they are told the total.

On another note (F#), is this the first time we have seen both male and female Squirrely Dan in a comic that was not specifically about transformation?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

While this idea sounds playable and entertaining, it is based on a faulty premise.

If the pizza is delivered within a specified and relatively large window of time, then the specific time of delivery has almost no bearing on the amount the customer will tip.  Most customers decide what they will tip when they are told the total.

Crazy Taxi had customers tip you based on how many idiotic life threatening stunts you could pull off on the way to their destination. Video game logic is in no way based upon the real world.

"Holy carp! You just jumped off the roof of a car park, flew 50 yards through the air, and landed on top of another building! It's a miracle you didn't get us both killed! Here's an extra $50, my good man!"

PARKOUR!

6 hours ago, Troacctid said:

Yet another reason why Spider-Man 2 is one of the greatest video games of our time. Web-swinging parkour pizza delivery.

PETER PARKOUR!

4 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:
5 hours ago, Stature said:

I am pretty sure pizza delivery games are a thing. Then again, what do I know?

But are they parkour based and run on Crazy Taxi logic?

When Dan first mentioned pizza delivery parkour games, I mentioned "Ninja Pizza Girl" but Dan said it wasn't exactly what he was thinking of. Granted he wanted a first or third person view parkour game and NPG is a side scroller. Also the game deals with bullying and such so I don't blame Dan for wanting something more lighthearted.

Still, I can't shake the idea of Ninja Pizza Squirrel out of my head. :)

7 hours ago, Howitzer said:
9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Crazy Taxi had customers tip you based on how many idiotic life threatening stunts you could pull off on the way to their destination. Video game logic is in no way based upon the real world.

"Holy carp! You just jumped off the roof of a car park, flew 50 yards through the air, and landed on top of another building! It's a miracle you didn't get us both killed! Here's an extra $50, my good man!"

The idea that customers will LIKE pizzas which experienced several g's from various directions through all those parkour manoeuvres doesn't seem based in real world either.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Granted he wanted a first or third person view parkour game and NPG is a side scroller.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

That could be a great mobile or console game.

Wouldn't mobile game be more likely side scroller?

Yes, Assassin's Creed and Mirror's Edge have got it all wrong, but that's because Ubisoft should have brought back Prince of Persia, rather than shoving it under the rug and pretending that Assassin's Creed was somehow good enough to make up for it (hint: it's not). /rant

Oh, and I guess Dan's pizza delivery game could be fine too.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Wouldn't mobile game be more likely side scroller?

Sure.  You might be able to do it as a 3d isometic-view as well.  Not as certain how well FPS works on mobile...

On 6/24/2016 at 2:32 AM, InfiniteRemnant said:

Anybody here know how to use Unity Editor?

~raises hand~ But you'd need to give me several million dollars and a team of at least 12 people, and about 2-3 years. Then you might get something a few hours in length. If you wanted something as good feeling and open world as Mirror's Edge: Catalyst or Assassin's Creed 2, only Crazy Taxi instead of story you're talking between 20 and 500 people, a different game engine (Unity could theoretically work, but it'd be a bit painful), between 10 and 60 million dollars, and 3-4 years.

11 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

I don't understand what a parkour computer game would actually entail ...

It's a complex problem. To get parkour feeling right is TOUGH.

15 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

If we did make it it would have to be a squirrel character with a physics tail ... 

Physics, perhaps.  But not necessarily biologically accurate.

Parkour runners with prehensile tails.  It could be a trick or maneuver the character masters while advancing.