• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
PSadlon

Can crap be sacrosanct?

Whenever mom exclaims "holy crap" or a variation on said epithet I joke that I don't believe said substance can be sanctified.

I'm curious what other things do you all have similar reactions to when you hear them blurted out?

In theory any thing can be blessed.  I know that fertilizer (i.e crap in a bag)  can be blessed, I've been part of the service that did it.  Granted we were blessing the whole of the garden supplies, not just the crap in a bag.  Church vegetable garden, for giving to a local food bank.  Did it several years in a row.

However I don't think that is what most people are thinking about when they say that.

I know of someone who apparently had never heard the term "batsh*t crazy" before I said it, and they couldn't stop laughing.

Waaaay back, around 30+ years ago, I learned a phrase: "I hope your legs grow together." Used it on a particularly grumpy friend in the company of another friend. Grumpy was shocked. Other friend laughed his ass off. Both eventually found it funny.

I can't help but think of the [omitted] demon of Golgotha from Dogma.  (Golgotha = Calvary, and people almost always defecate at point of death, so... figure it out.)  It wouldn't surprise me if there's something analogous in Catholic/Orthodox tradition.