• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

NP: Monday, June 27, 2016

The bosses deserve to die anyway, they're like the turtles. Everyone else doesn't actually want to kill you, but they're afraid to go against their bosses orders.

I have not actually played a Deus Ex game so I have no clue whether that statement would be true or not. :)

Also very interesting backdrop perspective there, really makes the characters pop out at you. Speaking of which, what is the deal with those two ladies? It looks like they change shirt between panel 1 and 2, and Goat Mom? What?

56 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Speaking of which, what is the deal with those two ladies? It looks like they change shirt between panel 1 and 2, and Goat Mom? What?

Both shirts are Undertale references. The joke is that they think Grace is going to talk about Undertale, and she says Deus Ex instead.

And since you didn't get the reference, that must mean you've not played Undertale. Go do so. Now.

Edit: And it's currently on sale on Steam: until July 4th http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/

Edited by Howitzer

3 hours ago, Howitzer said:

And since you didn't get the reference, that must mean you've not played Undertale. Go do so. Now.

Unless you don't like Bullet Hell, that is.

Now interested in: seeing how Grace would do going blind into Undertale.

22 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

Unless you don't like Bullet Hell, that is.

I don't perticularly like bullet hell, yet I still loved Undertale. The main point of the game is, well, the point it makes about games. And it does so in the most clever way imaginable.

Really hard to talk about it without spoiling anything. It's the sort of game that you need to go into blind.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Speaking of which, what is the deal with those two ladies? It looks like they change shirt between panel 1 and 2, and Goat Mom? What?

6 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Goat Mom is best mom. Best dad is not Goat Dad, though. However, is everybody considering ![Goat Mom] as Goat Mom?

*cackles like a 1920's speakeasy* But please watch out for the crazy yellow flower.

3 hours ago, Howitzer said:

I don't perticularly like bullet hell, yet I still loved Undertale. The main point of the game is, well, the point it makes about games. And it does so in the most clever way imaginable.

Yeah, but Bullet Hell basically ruined the game for me - I hated nearly every minute I spent on it solely because of Bullet Hell.

I'm a bit surprised that Dan hasn't mentioned Dishonored yet as a game that doesn't require killing in it. It's a better example than Deus Ex, as there is nobody you're required to kill. It's a somewhat difficult run to do, though.

1 hour ago, Matoyak said:

I'm a bit surprised that Dan hasn't mentioned Dishonored yet as a game that doesn't require killing in it. It's a better example than Deus Ex, as there is nobody you're required to kill. It's a somewhat difficult run to do, though.

You're not required to kill anyone in Dishonored, but the alternatives are rather cruel. Dishonored is a game about revenge, either through blood or through cruel 'mercy'.

OK, I made an account just for this, as I wouldn't be able to sleep otherwise. See, you don't have to kill the bosses in Human Revolution... so long as you're playing the Director's Cut version of the game. Regular version was rushed, see, so they didn't have the time to implement the no-kill routes on the boss fights.

By the way, if you haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution yet, go do so. Easily one of the best games on the X360/PS3.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also very interesting backdrop perspective there, really makes the characters pop out at you. Speaking of which, what is the deal with those two ladies? It looks like they change shirt between panel 1 and 2, and Goat Mom? What?

Have we seen those women previously in the comic?

44 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Have we seen those women previously in the comic?

They don't look familiar to me.

18 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

Grace... Tetris. Problem solved.

I remember one tetris variant where little people were walking on the blocks and were crushed by new blocks ...

9 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

well, the darker haired one looks like "Claire" updated for the current art style... only that's impossible since Grace is Claire

Technically, Claire is clone form from TF gun. Anyone can be that. Ellen was at least once. And the form may be based on some existing person like the Gillian Anderson one was.

23 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

Grace... Tetris. Problem solved.

I dunno, there were times when my family was playing it and it got pretty heated.

Strictly speaking, you can level and progress through Champions Online without ever hurting anyone.

Be a healer, and don't participate in fights: my own healer recently hasn't killed a dude for ages, instead she just heals herself and her team. You get xp from their kills, which is kinda like depending on followers to kill for you, but also, many missions require collection or interaction with stuff, which gives you xp. It's actually only slightly slower than regular gameplay since you need to avoid missions where the goal is to defeat X enemies.

With sufficient stealth powers boosted and heal power, it is very possible to have a fun experience avoiding inflicting damage on others.

If I had a power that let me heal enemies, I would, as I have slipped up maybe twice and killed a guy with excess healing energy.