• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
partner555

Videogame Thread

1 hour ago, Red Regent said:

The concept was really high minded, and tbh the reveal last year (or was it 2 years ago? I forget) was awesome. However, I do have to note that the game is being sold for ~30-35 USD on Steam (1400 PHP), and while not exactly big budget Triple A game price it is still kind of costly for what it's worth. Maybe worth picking up on a sale, but as of now, quite a bit of a money sink.

On the other hand KSP is freaking awesome; 10/10 would recommend since it's got the do it yourself vibe from Spore and the punishingly realistic physics for air and space like you'd fine in IL-2 Sturmovik or something similar. It's also pretty light, so even an older laptop will be able to run it.

Pff. Are you kidding? My laptop's from 2009. I have to use minimum settings just to make sure Minecraft runs at higher than 10 fps. Portal is barely playable. Forget about something with a realistic physics engine and frequent explosions.

I have played KSP on the family computer, though. Borrowed it from a friend's steam library. Back when air friction was based on weight rather than shape. I recreated the Sputnik and Apollo missions, shooting several probes into space and landing Jeb on the Mun. Jeb is still on the Mun last I checked since I didn't wanna risk killing him trying to dock with the command module, which happened to my second Mun landing.

Oh! I thought I posted this here, but it seems I didn't.

So, I wrote a match-3 game with a My Little Pony theme.

Here it is. java required; will comply with any reasonable security restrictions (doesn't store data, doesn't hit network).

Also, it's built on a pretty general match-3 engine, and has a CC license, so anyone who wants to write a different match 3 game will have a significant head-start.

3 minutes ago, Drachefly said:

Oh! I thought I posted this here, but it seems I didn't.

So, I wrote a match-3 game with a My Little Pony theme.

Here it is. java required; will comply with any reasonable security restrictions (doesn't store data, doesn't hit network).

Also, it's built on a pretty general match-3 engine, and has a CC license, so anyone who wants to write a different match 3 game will have a significant head-start.

A CC license of 3rd party intellectual property?   Feel like pushing the boundaries of copyright and trademark laws this week do we?  While Hasbro has been fairly cool about fan works, don't be surprised if you get a "Cease and desist" order in your email some time.  They are more touchy about things that are actually their business, like, oh, games, than they are about videos.

Clarification - The code is released CC, and aside from the jvm and libraries, I wrote all of it. Does that help, or does the very notion of doing rights management on a project which invokes fair-use in a different aspect offend you?

12 minutes ago, Drachefly said:

Clarification - The code is released CC, and aside from the jvm and libraries, I wrote all of it. Does that help, or does the very notion of doing rights management on a project which invokes fair-use in a different aspect offend you?

The Moderator: Less of the passive-aggressive, please. JML knows a good deal about copyright law and he was giving you a fair warning. I suggest you rephrase this as a request for assistance with avoiding copyright issues. If you do so, you may find that he can be very helpful.

Ah. Thank you for this additional information, and sorry to mlooney for being annoyed at something reasonable and responding more to the amused tone than the content.

With that in mind, s/offend you/still seem likely to cause problems/

I got Litten as well, with the intent of nicknaming it either Adrien, Plagg or Chat Noir. Ironically, I ended up with a shiny, white cat (except during cutscenes, which was kinda distracting).

Ooh, a Shiny starter. That's like a one in 2^13 probability (1/8192). You totally want to save that Pokemon somewhere (like the online bank when it becomes available) before the next time you restart.

Progress report: 18 hours, 58 Pokémon registered, three Z-crystals won, and I have a second permanent team member besides my starter Adrien the Torracat - naturally, it's a Ledian named Marinette.