• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Friday July 1, 2016

Interesting ending for a Q&A. Then again, there's a precedent for the final question being a joke one, last time it was about Amanda's date with Raven.

Anyway, Sister III's coming! Or if it's something else, a lot of people will be surprised. I wonder whether the cover at least will be in colour? The previous two were.

32 minutes ago, liontari said:

Interesting ending for a Q&A. Then again, there's a precedent for the final question being a joke one, last time it was about Amanda's date with Raven.

Anyway, Sister III's coming! Or if it's something else, a lot of people will be surprised. I wonder whether the cover at least will be in colour? The previous two were.

This ismy hope, that even if the story as a whole isn't coloured,  the covers are, for effect and all that. 

3 hours ago, WR...S said:

...I can't help but think "rodent of unusual size."

(...and I feel very, very old.)

Yeah, those darned ROUSes, always annoying.

2 hours ago, liontari said:

Odd that part 1 is only going to be 2 pages, I don't think Dan can fit a meeting with Edward into 2 pages. Maybe starting off with Elliot dropping Ashley off at home or something, before jumping to Sunday?

Hmm actually I need to wake up more, reread the commentary and Dan says "end on a Friday" not "end on Friday"...so it could be in a week, 2 weeks, a month, as long as it's on a Friday.

2 hours ago, Wixelt said:

Which one?

The one where Antimony got back Reynardine. It subverted my expectations then, and Dan's page today subverted my expectations now.

What if a "Muffin Man" turns out to be a central figure in the upcoming "Something III" story?

Is there a "Drury Lane" in or near Moperville?

How does Phill fit into this discussion?

And clearly Dan is wrong in the commentary.  Banana-nut is the best muffin.

12 hours ago, liontari said:

Personally, I would prefer some better question. Like, the Amanda's date question was actually good, as it answered some questions about how much canon it is.

11 hours ago, Wixelt said:

This ismy hope, that even if the story as a whole isn't coloured,  the covers are, for effect and all that. 

I hope too. It makes more sense to color the covers compared to normal pages - there is only few of them, so it's not so big problem if it takes longer, and yes, they need to be effective.

Okay, hear me out. Dan has said nothing more about the next story than that its cover will be a huge tease and it will end on a Friday, probably to be even more of a tease. What if this is the story that will make Tedd/Grace/Sarah canon?

1 hour ago, Solarn said:

Okay, hear me out. Dan has said nothing more about the next story than that its cover will be a huge tease and it will end on a Friday, probably to be even more of a tease. What if this is the story that will make Tedd/Grace/Sarah canon?

Doubt it, Dan only said he wanted part 1 of the next story arc to end on a Friday. Also he stated that the title for the next arc will have a "3" in it, and the only numbered story arc so far is Sister II (please keep in mind that there is a difference between story arcs and story lines, story lines are the individual stories within an arc, Squirrel Prophet and So a Date were story lines in the Pandora's Box story arc), so Sister 3 would fit as a story arc name. Also the last story arc that got a cover page was also Sister II, the first Sister arc also had a cover page and while Painted Black had a cover page for each chapter, aside from maybe checking up on how Grace's family is doing, the Lord Tedd/General Shade Tail/Nioi/Kaoli stuff would likely have it's own story arc that's not a continuation of Painted Black.

Not saying that the OT3 becoming canon can't happen in the next arc, just that the teases don't point to that.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also he stated that the title for the next arc will have a "3" in it, and the only numbered story arc so far is Sister II, so Sister 3 would fit as a story arc name.

"OT3" has a 3 in it... 

My money's still on Dan deciding to be a MASSIVE troll and having Sis.3's storyline, if it happens, actually be about Grace and Vladia, with the twins getting a one or two panel 'oh i already knew all that' handwave as a red herring.

42 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

"OT3" has a 3 in it... 

My money's still on Dan deciding to be a MASSIVE troll and having Sis.3's storyline, if it happens, actually be about Grace and Vladia, with the twins getting a one or two panel 'oh i already knew all that' handwave as a red herring.

A Grace and Vladia story doesn't sound dramatic enough to require a cover page, if Dan did troll like this it wouldn't be a good kind of troll. The stuff that happened in the So a Date has "must be addressed ASAP" written all over it, to go on to something different first would be very annoying.

Sorry, I might be channeling some disappointment from the recent turn that LFG took in their story, it went from "crap's going down, we have to get back to Kethenecia!" to being in a pocket dimension at the bottom of the ocean because some dolphin decided be a troll...

If the next arc is Sister III, WHICH sisters will be involved?

Nanase & Akiko
Noriko & Mrs Kitsune
Grace & Vladia
Susan & Diane
Diane & Rhea
Sarah & Carol
Pandora & Eris
Melissa & The Gossip

Or will it be a brother-sister story?

Elliot & Ellen
Helena & Demetrius

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If the next arc is Sister III, WHICH sisters will be involved?

Nanase & Akiko
Noriko & Mrs Kitsune
Grace & Vladia
Susan & Diane
Diane & Rhea
Sarah & Carol
Pandora & Eris
Melissa & The Gossip

Or will it be a brother-sister story?

Elliot & Ellen
Helena & Demetrius

Definitely not Helena and Demetrius - there is no reason for Demetrius to be called sister. And I'm not sure where did you took Eris from.

Personally, I think with all that buildup, it may actually be MULTIPLE sisters. Susan & Diane are sort of given, Diane and Rhea may sort of need to be involved in that too, and I also like the idea of Noriko & Mrs Kitsune - that would make this story REALLY turning point.

... and I can totally see one of those others to show up as trolling in beginning.

16 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

"OT3" has a 3 in it... 

Wildspec: "3 of a kind". It turns out that Susan and Diane are not twins... they are triplets.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

A Grace and Vladia story doesn't sound dramatic enough to require a cover page, if Dan did troll like this it wouldn't be a good kind of troll. The stuff that happened in the So a Date has "must be addressed ASAP" written all over it, to go on to something different first would be very annoying.

Sorry, I might be channeling some disappointment from the recent turn that LFG took in their story, it went from "crap's going down, we have to get back to Kethenecia!" to being in a pocket dimension at the bottom of the ocean because some dolphin decided be a troll...

LFG is still going? I stopped reading when the elf guy's mentor deliberately arranged for his heart to be broken and then murdered his lover to tie up loose ends.

3 minutes ago, Solarn said:

LFG is still going? I stopped reading when the elf guy's mentor deliberately arranged for his heart to be broken and then murdered his lover to tie up loose ends.

I feel like i've missed something. What was LFG again?

1 minute ago, Wixelt said:

I feel like i've missed something. What was LFG again?

Looking For Group, a webcomic by Lar deSouza, Internet jerkwad extraordinaire.

3 minutes ago, Solarn said:

Yes, it's still going. And they might killed that mentor guy (depending on who you call mentor). They didn't resurrected the lover yet.

1 minute ago, Solarn said:

Looking For Group, a webcomic by Lar DeSouza, Internet jerkwad extraordinaire.

Ah, right. I assumed you were talking about something EGS related. My mistake. Explains why I didn't know what LFG meant.