• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Wixelt

Story: Monday July 4, 2016

On 07/08/2016 at 5:42 AM, SeriousJupiter said:

I bet the Diamond would think that separating the mind controlling Elliot's body from him is more important than creating another sister for him.

No it wouldn't. I don't think Diamond have intelligence and mind of it's own. Also, I think that most likely outcome is to separate BOTH enchantments.

And even if I'm wrong, then surely Magus is smart enough to force Elliot to stay in his default form while touching the Diamond.

It's likely he tries to and it's true that not counting the possibility if Ellen being mean, there seem to be no reason why Elliot should be still transformed when touching the Diamond.

On 07/04/2016 at 0:05 AM, hkmaly said:

Right ... soo, Elliot by Magus, Magus by Sirleck, Sirleck by Voltaire, Voltaire by Pandora. We have 5. Anyone can prolong to 6?

Well, we have no real proof that Voltaire is being manipulated by Pandora. He is clearly working against her, and even though Pandora probably could find a way to somehow make him work to her advantage, we don't even know if she's aware of Voltaire yet.

True, we don't have PROOF. I still think she will manipulate him soon, if she didn't already. She's THAT much better manipulator.

I forget where, but there is some hinting that the Dewitchery Diamon is intelligent and was so even before being made into the "Dewitchery Diamond"

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

I forget where, but there is some hinting that the Dewitchery Diamon is intelligent and was so even before being made into the "Dewitchery Diamond"

Are you talking about the same diamond Raven recommended to sell to pay someone more skilled and throw into volcano? Raven didn't seem like someone who would do that to something intelligent.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Are you talking about the same diamond Raven recommended to sell to pay someone more skilled and throw into volcano? Raven didn't seem like someone who would do that to something intelligent.

In that same comic Abraham did say he thought the Diamond had a will of its own...

6 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

In that same comic Abraham did say he thought the Diamond had a will of its own...

Abraham the idiot apprentice? I think Raven is more qualified. Also, Diamond finding cursed beings can actually be explained by magic flair for drama.

On 7/9/2016 at 10:16 AM, Tom Sewell said:

Has anyone else caught on that Magus is the alternate version of Elliot from his own universe? Why else would any hope of getting "his" body back depend on Elliot and Ellen?

I've wondered about it, but I'm not convinced. We don't have enough information on Magus' universe to determine much about him, and it is unclear why they would need to be related to him to provide the conduit.

46 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Abraham seems to have levelled up since his "idiot apprentice" days...

He has reasonable abilities, but he has demonstrated no wisdom and little intellectual flexibility.

29 minutes ago, banneret said:
1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Abraham seems to have levelled up since his "idiot apprentice" days...

He has reasonable abilities, but he has demonstrated no wisdom and little intellectual flexibility.

... "levelled up" is the correct term. He didn't become wiser or more experienced. He just got more power.

I think the confusion about the diamond stems from it's affect on Elliot's awakening, where Tedd theorized that Magic was confused about what it considered was a reflection of who Elliot was, all the diamond did was separate the curse from the cursed but left Elliot with the means to transform himself into a girl at will, which Magic was all "I think this is supposed to be like this?"

On 9.7.2016 at 8:16 PM, Tom Sewell said:

Has anyone else caught on that Magus is the alternate version of Elliot from his own universe? Why else would any hope of getting "his" body back depend on Elliot and Ellen?

Or maybe he's the alternate version of Elliot's father. He did call himself Ellen's father at one point. Of course, he may not have meant it literally, since it was him who planned Ellen's birth when he amplified Tedd's anger and broke the TF Gun after Tedd had zapped Elliot, but it's still a theory as good as any.

3 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Or maybe he's the alternate version of Elliot's father. He did call himself Ellen's father at one point. Of course, he may not have meant it literally, since it was him who planned Ellen's birth when he amplified Tedd's anger and broke the TF Gun after Tedd had zapped Elliot, but it's still a theory as good as any.

I think Magus was referring to himself as Ellen's father in the similar manner that people were teasing Elliot about being Ellen's mother. Because it was Magus that amplified Tedd's emotions to get him to zap Elliot in the first place. Magus is Elliot's alternate because Terra, whom Magus was seem sparring with, is Tedd's alternate. Terra apparently developed her wizard powers as expected though.

And hey, I'm finally able to post in this thread again!! :D

9 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

since it was him who planned Ellen's birth when he amplified Tedd's anger and broke the TF Gun after Tedd had zapped Elliot

... waaait. How could he break the TF Gun? I think he just used the opportunity of broken TF Gun to amplify Tedd's anger. I mean, the gun was likely broken even before Tedd used it on Elliot and that use "finished" it, similarly how it broke because of having too little power when Tedd transformed Sarah in "incident".

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think Magus was referring to himself as Ellen's father in the similar manner that people were teasing Elliot about being Ellen's mother. Because it was Magus that amplified Tedd's emotions to get him to zap Elliot in the first place.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

Magus is Elliot's alternate because Terra, whom Magus was seem sparring with, is Tedd's alternate. Terra apparently developed her wizard powers as expected though.

...Wow. I can't believe I never noticed how much Tedd and Terra look alike. Still, has it been confirmed by Dan that she is his alternate, or is it just highly likely?

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... waaait. How could he break the TF Gun? I think he just used the opportunity of broken TF Gun to amplify Tedd's anger. I mean, the gun was likely broken even before Tedd used it on Elliot and that use "finished" it, similarly how it broke because of having too little power when Tedd transformed Sarah in "incident".

Hmm, maybe, but I'm sure Magus had already planned Ellen's creation long before that. Also, he was working with Pandora at the time, so maybe she broke the gun somehow.

17 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Magus is Elliot's alternate because Terra, whom Magus was seem sparring with, is Tedd's alternate. Terra apparently developed her wizard powers as expected though.

...Wow. I can't believe I never noticed how much Tedd and Terra look alike. Still, has it been confirmed by Dan that she is his alternate, or is it just highly likely?

Not only it wasn't confirmed, also Dan get lot better in making people look differently since that comics, so it might've been just coincidence ...

On that regard, note that Magus did NOT try to posses Elliot FIRST time. It's possible that he doesn't need Elliot specifically, just someone who was already cured by diamond - and Elliot just happens to be only one like that around.

17 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Hmm, maybe, but I'm sure Magus had already planned Ellen's creation long before that. Also, he was working with Pandora at the time, so maybe she broke the gun somehow.

She couldn't break it DIRECTLY either. Not sure how could've she done it indirectly, but I don't have her level of experience on this regard, so ...

Actually, if it was longer plan, it IS possible Magus caused the gun to break indirectly by making Tedd less careful when tinkering with it ...

Or the gun breaking was not really integral part of plan. We don't know how many times he failed. Hey ... maybe the catgirl incident was one of his previous tries, but Sarah ruined it by waiting instead of using dewitchery diamond to cure herself - wait, when did the incident happen? Was Magus already around?

54 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Isn't that exactly what I said?

I... think I just saw the first part about Magus being an alternate of Elliot's father and went to respond without fully reading the rest.... sorry.

33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not only it wasn't confirmed, also Dan get lot better in making people look differently since that comics, so it might've been just coincidence ...

On that regard, note that Magus did NOT try to posses Elliot FIRST time. It's possible that he doesn't need Elliot specifically, just someone who was already cured by diamond - and Elliot just happens to be only one like that around.

Yeah, Dan hasn't confirmed or denied anything about Terra. I don't think it's a coincidence though even if you took art style into account, Terra looks way too much like a female Tedd, and it just feels like Dan's decision to name her Terra is quite telling who he was thinking of when he created her. Terra could be an alternate of Nanase considering Elliot and Nanase sparred together in ASMA, though seeing as Magus felt that Nanase would be a man in his universe, I think Tedd's alternate would have been likely to take on Nanase's role in Magus' universe.

19 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Damaging delicate elctronics via power surge could technically be passed off as empowering?

3 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Damaging delicate elctronics via power surge could technically be passed off as empowering?

... well ... power surge could be described as empowering, but does delicate electronics count as mortal in the "immortals should only empower and guide mortals"?

... of course, it IS possible TF gun was destroyed by static electricity charge from Tedd.

That reminds me of once back in the 90s when the central network of the place I was then working at got empowered by a lightning bolt striking right next to the building and sending a 50.000 volt surge through the network. Happily, our cheap 10-dollar net cards protected themselves by sending the surge on to our 1000-dollar CPUs.

The net cards all worked fine afterwards. The CPUs in the servers, not so much.

22 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

That reminds me of once back in the 90s when the central network of the place I was then working at got empowered by a lightning bolt striking right next to the building and sending a 50.000 volt surge through the network. Happily, our cheap 10-dollar net cards protected themselves by sending the surge on to our 1000-dollar CPUs.

The net cards all worked fine afterwards. The CPUs in the servers, not so much.

As I have said before, I've was on a radar when it got empowered.  I was the only thing on that trailer that worked after that.   More or less.  Due to the age of the system, we didn't get a "replacement" TTR, we had to rebuild the damn thing.  Something like 70% of the parts needed replacement, and that doesn't include the cleanup aspect.

34 minutes ago, mlooney said:

As I have said before, I've was on a radar when it got empowered.  I was the only thing on that trailer that worked after that.   More or less. 

It's like they say. Old soldiers are made of old leather and boot soles. They keep going through stuff that left the fainthearts and the tender skinned in the dust many miles ago. And a good thing, too.