• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Wixelt

Story: Monday July 4, 2016

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

A thought on Magus: his plan apparently involves Ellen zapping Elliot with her FV5 beam and Magus riding it into Elliot's body, and then splitting himself from Elliot (possibly involving the Dewitchery Diamond). Given what we know of the TF beams and the Diamond, wouldn't this leave Magus' new default form as a girl form?

possibly, unless his interference overrides the beam's intended effect with his own form.

50 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Just a note.  None of "date" people are on the cover.  I'm laying good odds that they will be done in NP.

If you're talking about Justin/Luke and Sarah/Sam, yeah, they'll either be done in NP, or, especially in the case of Sarah and Sam, be done immediately following this arc, Dan said the arc would span across a week so it could be similar to how "Identity" spanned Monday-Thursday with Squirrel Prophet being Friday.

54 minutes ago, Arcanimus said:

On a related note, I'm putting good odds on Ashley finding out about Ellen's origin if Magus is indeed involved.

I'd include Diane in that as well, then again, if Dan kept the whole Elliot/Ellen situation separate from the Susan/Diane situation, it might be just as likely she'll never know anything happened.

I don't expect this arc to involve Susan and DIane. The title is Sister 3, not SIsters 3. With Sirlec and Magus on the cover, this involves Elliot and Ellen primarily.

2 minutes ago, jmucchiello said:

I don't expect this arc to involve Susan and DIane. The title is Sister 3, not SIsters 3. With Sirlec and Magus on the cover, this involves Elliot and Ellen primarily.

Are you positing that the author-artist put Susan and Diane on the cover in a fit of madness?

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

A thought on Magus: his plan apparently involves Ellen zapping Elliot with her FV5 beam and Magus riding it into Elliot's body, and then splitting himself from Elliot (possibly involving the Dewitchery Diamond). Given what we know of the TF beams and the Diamond, wouldn't this leave Magus' new default form as a girl form?

or a were-cat.

I can't wait to see Magus again :)

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

EVERYBODY IS CATSPAW

... ahem. Sorry, I don't know where that came from.

Pandora means all mortals EXCEPT Adrian Raven are catspaws.

Sirleck and Magus have made each other catspaws

Sirleck means all Vampires are catspaws

Magus means Helena, Demetrius, and Pandora are catspaws

Voltaire is unaccounted for as a catspaw at this time, but it's plausible one of the other immortals is using him.

Have I missed anyone still alive?

Oh yeah!

My bet is on Catalina's mark coming up some way or another in this arc, too. I mean, the title can certainly have multiple meanings, and the commentary is a little teasing already...

What does the title for part 1, Legacy, stand for? Noriko?

1 hour ago, liontari said:

Oh yeah!

My bet is on Catalina's mark coming up some way or another in this arc, too. I mean, the title can certainly have multiple meanings, and the commentary is a little teasing already...

No Tedd on the cover, but you never know.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But I must admit that I am at least a little bit relieved. I was dreading that the III in the title was referring to Sister Act III.

We do not need Whoopi Goldberg.

Bah. Whoopi Goldberg is great. You are just sore at her because she reminds you of Hachepsut.

9 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:
3 hours ago, liontari said:

that would require a focus on either Tedd or Nanase though... probably something less obvious.

Considering the likely hood of this first part being about talking to Edward about the events of the previous arc, I think he will confirm Susan's relation to Diane, whether or not he confirms the fact that Susan is adopted is something that can still go either way, Susan could still be the biological child of Mr and Mrs Pompoms and if Edward was involved in splitting her and Diane up for whatever reason then it would certainly explain him coming up with Ellen's backstory. But if Susan was also adopted, the whole Legacy bit could involve learning about her's and Diane's true parents, or at least the reason they were split up.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Bah. Whoopi Goldberg is great. You are just sore at her because she reminds you of Hachepsut.

Whoopi is a fine actress.

If I NEVER AGAIN see her ad-lib, it will be much too soon.

Actually, we haven't seen Jeremy the cat for a while now, or the Dunkels' cat, Brownie, I think its name was?

Anyhoo, it's funny to think of how long it's been since the first Sister arc. I remember struggling to read EGS on the PSP's awkward web browser back when I was reading that, I think.

divblockquotedivp 

Does anyone else dare hope that this chapter begins with such a clear cover page because Dan may intend to actually release it in a collection down the road?

On 7/5/2016 at 3:29 AM, Arcanimus said:
On 7/5/2016 at 3:27 AM, mlooney said:

Just a note.  None of "date" people are on the cover.  I'm laying good odds that they will be done in NP.

On a related note, I'm putting good odds on Ashley finding out about Ellen's origin if Magus is indeed involved.

... Edward wouldn't like that.

Scotty said:

I'd include Diane in that as well, then again, if Dan kept the whole Elliot/Ellen situation separate from the Susan/Diane situation, it might be just as likely she'll never know anything happened.

Dan said that this story is sort of barrier, that he can't do any NP happening after it without spoiling it. I guess that means that at least SOMETHING happening in this story will be known to everyone. Although, technically, it IS possible that there will be multiple stuff happening and everyone would know at least one of it ...

(BTW, why this quote was throwing error?)

Aura Guardian said:

Pandora means all mortals EXCEPT Adrian Raven are catspaws. Sirleck and Magus have made each other catspaws Sirleck means all Vampires are catspaws Magus means Helena, Demetrius, and Pandora are catspaws Voltaire is unaccounted for as a catspaw at this time, but it's plausible one of the other immortals is using him.

I don't think Pandora is anyone's catspaws. Meanwhile, Voltaire is totally catspaw of Pandora, we just don't have it confirmed yet.

I have to throw in some wild speculation on my part, but here goes:

Sirleck is in the background as mentioned for reason that should be obvious; he may try manipulating various players, though whether successful will be another matter entirely.

Pandora is in the middle because she's the primary manipulator; also no question there.

I'm wondering in the middle one might actually be Voltair, sans his hat (as that would make it very obvious who is it); his hair is also longish, like Magus'. He *did* successfully manipulate Dame Tara for some time, after all. The pose is also similar to the imitation Jesus he used at the mall; it's not a pose I can picture Magus using.

My wild speculation is that he's going to attempt to manipulate Diane/Susan with varying levels of success, as they're his daughters and another way he could get at Raven in some way. (My reasoning is that Voltaire looks to be somewhere in the late-twenties to thirties compared to Demetrius and Helena, so it's possible he had mortal children before or shortly after resetting, didn't care to raise them himself, and arranged to have them both put up for adoption; both girls' ears are slanted back more along the lines of Raven's true form, and unlike every other mortal in the cast. Which could always be a red herring on Dan's part as well. *shrug* It would help account for their presence on the cover page, aside from the whole Sisters theme.)

Do I expect this theory to pan out? ...Meh? There are too many balls in the air for the plots threads, so it may be specific hoping on my part. *shrugs again*

It is an interesting theory, although I think the griffins or Helena/Demetrius or Jerry or Mr. Verres would have said something if Susan and/or Diane was an elf. 

If is a strong word since it is "common" knowledge that Susan has pointy, Spock-like ears. Yet it does not guarantee that she is an elf(oid).

[Granted, guilty]

4 hours ago, banneret said:

It is an interesting theory, although I think the griffins or Helena/Demetrius or Jerry or Mr. Verres would have said something if Susan and/or Diane was an elf. 

4 hours ago, Stature said:

If is a strong word since it is "common" knowledge that Susan has pointy, Spock-like ears. Yet it does not guarantee that she is an elf(oid).

[Granted, guilty]

Oh, for sure. But for all we know there's some kind of awakening process that needs to be done before that happens. Kind of like how a wizard needs to awaken before they can learn other people's spells. 

Everyone saw this coming, but that doesn't make it any less exciting. So we'll get to see both Susan and Diane and Magus and Sirleck in this chapter? Nice.

On 4.7.2016 at 1:56 AM, ijuin said:

Uh, why do you assume Elliot wouldn't change back long before Magus could make him touch the DD? Surely Ellen would zap Elliot back as soon as Magus stopped amplifying her emotions and then she would have no idea why she zapped him in the first place. Also, I have a feeling that it wouldn't matter if Elliot were transformed while touching the Diamond under Magus's control. I bet the Diamond would think that separating the mind controlling Elliot's body from him is more important than creating another sister for him. And even if I'm wrong, then surely Magus is smart enough to force Elliot to stay in his default form while touching the Diamond.

On 4.7.2016 at 1:05 AM, hkmaly said:

Right ... soo, Elliot by Magus, Magus by Sirleck, Sirleck by Voltaire, Voltaire by Pandora. We have 5. Anyone can prolong to 6?

Well, we have no real proof that Voltaire is being manipulated by Pandora. He is clearly working against her, and even though Pandora probably could find a way to somehow make him work to her advantage, we don't even know if she's aware of Voltaire yet.

Perhaps. I am simply greatly amused by the thought of Magus being forced to endure having a girly default form, such that even if he transformed himself into a male form, he would revert to female any time the enchantment ended.

Has anyone else caught on that Magus is the alternate version of Elliot from his own universe? Why else would any hope of getting "his" body back depend on Elliot and Ellen?