• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Wednesday July 6, 2016

On 07/06/2016 at 0:47 AM, Scotty said:

so yeah I think it would have been likely she would have continued to answer to Tiffany if the affair never happened.

But note that the "stereotypical cheerleader" might still apply.

On 07/06/2016 at 0:47 AM, Scotty said:

As for the last 2 quotes. You might want to edit those to show they were Critterkeeper's and not mine. ;)

Oh. Sorry. Edited. I quoted them from your comment and forgot that the quote system is not THAT good to pick it.

On 07/07/2016 at 3:49 AM, Kazzellin said:

Not quoted, as I don't want to loose the above if it drops from changing to page two, but was that arc ever confirmed as canon?

It wasn't. On the other hand, only story arc explicitly declared non-canon was Goonmanji, so it can still happen.

On 07/07/2016 at 9:58 PM, Scotty said:

Here's another oddity for you all. I wanted to post a reply in the July 4th thread, but this text field refused to open, I got the toolbars and the attachment bar, but there was nowhere to type anything, trying to quote someone didn't work either. I had to do a triple check after it allowed me to type in this thread, even restarted the browser.

I got similar problem when trying to quote. I got through by posting the "empty" post, which ended with error and then allowed me to edit normally. Interesting.

On 07/08/2016 at 5:13 AM, CritterKeeper said:

Excuse me?  When did I ever say anything like that?  I was speculating about several possibilities, and never did I say or imply that any of it was pathognomonic for abuse.  It is a warning sign which is often overlooked, or even used as an excuse for the abuser and to shift blame to the victim.  ("Poor guy didn't stand a chance against that little....")  It's as reasonable a possibility to raise as anything else we've been speculating about, and I don't appreciate being accused of "reducing living people to just victims" for even daring to mention the existence of such phenomena!

Sorry. Accusing you was not my intention. I just found your speculation going on thin ice (although ... there are several more "thin ice" speculations around). I also don't want to deny existence of such phenomena, I just suspect that it will be often used incorrectly by people who have hard time admitting that it's normal when teenager wants to look sexy - because that's more or less what puberty is about.

When we FIRST saw Diane, she was likely already PAST (biological) puberty, and her dress was fairly normal, so I really don't understand why you talked about "Inappropriately sexy dress and behaviors".

On 07/08/2016 at 5:13 AM, CritterKeeper said:

That looked like a large media con, and such events can charge well over a hundred dollars for a weekend badge.  A regular weekend badge at San Diego ComicCon was $245 this year, if you could get one.

Hmmm ... ok, that DOES seem costly.

On 07/10/2016 at 2:16 PM, Scotty said:

For Pandora's case, I wonder if the chaotic role she chose is to blame for her feeling burnt out sooner. One can only trick so many people into doing wacky things in exchange for stuff before the method and reaction starts repeating. Blaike certainly bucked the trend with refusing Pandora's offers, but if that's all she did in 150 years then I would expect her to get bored relatively quickly. Immortals like Jerry probably switched things up over the years to get different reactions and outcomes.

I also think something like this is the case. That "frivolous playing with mortals" is not only something not really worth as legacy, but also likely to get boring relatively fast.