• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Wednesday July 6, 2016

I have noticed that when chibi Grace's eyes become effectively truncated acute triangles things are about to turn ugly for who ever is the other side in the video game CG is an avatar of.  Today's makes it 4 for 4 going all the way back to May 7th, 2010, in Hammerclordians in the main comic.  Granted the main comic example isn't chibi Grace.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have noticed that when chibi Grace's eyes become effectively truncated acute triangles things are about to turn ugly for who ever is the other side in the video game CG is an avatar of.  Today's makes it 4 for 4 going all the way back to May 7th, 2010, in Hammerclordians in the main comic.  Granted the main comic example isn't chibi Grace.

If you want to count all the times Grace's eye were like that:

Painted Black,

Hammerchlorians 1, hammerchlorians 2

New and Old Flames

One Way Road (the one you really need to watch for)

Death Sentence

And then you have Rad Squirrel and now Deus Ex Grace-ina. so probably 8 for 8, And Painted Black is so far the only example of following through in canon.

Grace had 32.33repeating% chance of success there.

Success at getting through unscathed, or at becoming at cool robot person, depending on who you ask. :)

On 07/07/2016 at 4:59 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why does it require a non-canon chibi story for the main cast and the Germahn Labs crew to work together?

... the Germahn Labs crew seem to be mostly non-canon or outside-continuity-canon. Note that there are more cases of main cast and Germahn Labs crew working together - outside continuity in Q&A.

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... the Germahn Labs crew seem to be mostly non-canon or outside-continuity-canon. Note that there are more cases of main cast and Germahn Labs crew working together - outside continuity in Q&A.

Has it been determined if the first few comics before the goo story were canon? Or just non-canon introductions? There were a few cases early one where Dan broke the 4th wall which should have thrown the comic out of continuity but didn't, biggest example being Matt and Rat during the first Sister arc which Dan apparently regretted doing later on.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Has it been determined if the first few comics before the goo story were canon? Or just non-canon introductions? There were a few cases early one where Dan broke the 4th wall which should have thrown the comic out of continuity but didn't, biggest example being Matt and Rat during the first Sister arc which Dan apparently regretted doing later on.

Well Matt and Rat are definitely no longer canon.

I just noticed--Tedd was on the pay phone to call Elliot on that page. However, Elliot borrows Tedd's cell phone on the day where he encounters the Bloodgrem in Sister II. That would seem to imply that Tedd got his cell phone sometime in between "Sister" (end of January) and "Sister II" (early April before Spring Break). Elliot, meanwhile, is first seen with a cell phone of his own in "New and Old Flames".

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

I just noticed--Tedd was on the pay phone to call Elliot on that page. However, Elliot borrows Tedd's cell phone on the day where he encounters the Bloodgrem in Sister II. That would seem to imply that Tedd got his cell phone sometime in between "Sister" (end of January) and "Sister II" (early April before Spring Break). Elliot, meanwhile, is first seen with a cell phone of his own in "New and Old Flames".

Yup. As many others, Dan failed to predict how fast will cell phones spread, which resulted in them spreading inside EGS in even faster rate.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Well, in Sister II Elliot states that he left his cellphone at home. So we at least know Elliot had a cell phone earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if both Elliot and Ellen got their cellphones at the same time shortly after Edward set up Ellen's cover story and the rigged lottery.

Considering that the whole "Tedd and Elliot stranded fifty miles away with no transportation after Ellen takes the car, resulting in Elliot using the cat-man form and the two of them running into Hedge" issue could have been circumvented if they had been able to phone for help, I can see why Edward would want them both to have cell phones after that.

There was surely a second lottery arranged by Verres which provided the Dunkel family with unlimited minutes and unlimited data in perpetuity. Otherwise, they could hardly afford it!

3 hours ago, banneret said:

There was surely a second lottery arranged by Verres which provided the Dunkel family with unlimited minutes and unlimited data in perpetuity. Otherwise, they could hardly afford it!

Considering WHAT they are saying into those phones, the phones are likely special FBI phones with high encryption using the network for data only and paid by FBI.

An awful lot of plans these days are unlimited-talk-and-text at a minimum, and often either unlimited or very large amounts of data.  In the years since Susan complained texting cost both of them money with every message, things have changed a lot.  I used to have a pay-per-text plan, but I don't think my provider even offers such a thing any more.  On the other hand, I know a good number of people for whom their cell phone is their only phone, their only computer, or both, and often their only high-speed internet connection as well.  If you're not paying for a land line and a cable modem, then the expense isn't that great to have a plan with a cell phone for everyone in the family.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

things have changed a lot.  I used to have a pay-per-text plan, but I don't think my provider even offers such a thing any more.

Mine still does. And the "unlimited" plans would cost you more if you don't talk and text a lot. This will differ a lot based on location.

3 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

the company i'm with, talk and text are unlimited on all the plans, and the only thing that scales is how much data you can use before you get throttled and charged extra.

That's how ours is. And Pokémon Go alone can run through all the allotted monthly data within two weeks. Data is very expensive, so we had to set ours rather low.