• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Friday July 8, 2016

I can see where this is going, Blaike surprised Pandora because he didn't predictably jump at her offer. He did his own thing, his own way, and didn't take shortcuts and it made him unpredictable to Pandora. It's clear that this is still before Pandora turned 200, I'm wondering if, after Blaike passed away (either from an adventuring mishap or old age) she attempted to find someone else like him that would surprise her the same way?

Also, I really am beginning to wonder if the two halves of the world were more connected at one time, dragons and magic lion bears seem more fitting to the griffon's half than this one.

There's something I'm wondering about concerning the age of Immortals in relation to their appearance. Pandora in these past couple pages is around 150 years old, yet she looks like she could be early 20's if she were human which I would think would be more fitting if she were between 50-100 years old maybe. The adult form she currently takes seems more appropriate for an 150 year old Immortal.

I'm wondering though, if the elderly appearance we've seen with Jerry, Helena and Demetrius is purely a choice they make to look like that to let other's know that they're getting close to resetting, or maybe it's the form they have to take when they initiate the reset process. Jerry was in the process of resetting when we first saw him, we're not entirely sure if that was the case for Helena and Demetrius when they first visited Nanase and Susan but there is a chance they're improper deaths were not long after that visit. Pandora can switch forms at will but we've never seen her in an elderly form, only child, college kid, and a term that was coined in American Pie. Of course I'm not counting the chaotic form unless that's the kind of form that only Immortals that have gone well past their reset date can take.

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There's something I'm wondering about concerning the age of Immortals in relation to their appearance. Pandora in these past couple pages is, around 150 years old, yet she looks like she could be early 20's if she were human which I would think would be more fitting if she were between 50-100 years old maybe. The adult form she currently takes seems more appropriate for an 150 year old Immortal.

The non creepy and/or eldritch horror version of Pandora don't look all that bad or old.  In fact her "Elvish Sorcerer" mode looks like she's in her late 20s or early 30s.  And in My Arrogant Opinion, looks fairly hot.  Of course I'm a self confessed pervert, so that may or may not mean any thing.  Just for the record, her child form, creep or not, isn't hot.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

The non creepy and/or eldritch horror version of Pandora don't look all that bad or old.  In fact her "Elvish Sorcerer" mode looks like she's in her late 20s or early 30s.  And in My Arrogant Opinion, looks fairly hot.  Of course I'm a self confessed pervert, so that may or may not mean any thing.  Just for the record, her child form, creep or not, isn't hot.

I was referring to her adult form as being a MILF though I didn't want to outright say it in the previous post, but totally agree about the child form. So I guess there really isn't anything bad about it.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I was referring to her adult form as being a MILF though I didn't want to outright say it in the previous post, but totally agree about the child form. So I guess there really isn't anything bad about it.

Hmm.  Not quite old enough looking for that, at least to me.  But I can see your point.  This may be an effect of most of the mother's I know are either Absurdly Youthful Mother or in their mid to late 30s

Warning, that is a TVTropes link.

Since she's fleeing in the last panel, I'm guessing Pandora forgot that she could just go intangible.

I guess she was surprised...because she really wasn't expecting to go up face-to-face with the giant magic lion bear, because she wasn't really expecting him to reject her offer to the end, and she probably wasn't planning on being concerned for him or his safety that long (or at all)...

...Pandora really should be nice more often.  That's two for two in being nice getting her unexpected results.

1 minute ago, Berserk Knight said:

Since she's fleeing in the last panel, I'm guessing Pandora forgot that she could just go intangible.

I guess she was surprised...because she really wasn't expecting to go up face-to-face with the giant magic lion bear, because she wasn't really expecting him to reject her offer to the end, and she probably wasn't planning on being concerned for him or his safety that long (or at all)...

...Pandora really should be nice more often.  That's two for two in being nice getting her unexpected results.

I'm thinking she didn't go intangible because she had grown quite fond of Blaike and didn't want to abandon him, she was trying to warn him about the lion bear, but initially she was going to make him jump through a few hoops before telling him that. The fact that he rejected the offer surprised her because everyone else she had meddled with always agreed to her terms, Blaike piqued her curiosity as to what type of person he was, that curiosity lead to attraction, then to...well...we have Adrian.

44 minutes ago, partner555 said:

His personality and stubbornness reminds me a bit of Luffy.

Aye I was thinking the same thing.  Particularly the scene where Usopp almosts asks Rayleigh about the One Piece, and Luffy loses it, not wanting to be handed the answers like that. 

Also the Giant Magic Lion Bear seems like it could be a One Piece monster too.

Hee! I love the expressions here - we don't normally see Pandora surprised, much less alarmed, so the second and final panels are just icing on the cake. ^.^

Huh. So that's Adrian's father? I wonder how much he takes after him, and how much that annoys his mother...? (I'm guessing a lot, given his apparent independant streak; and also, a lot, because of it.) Looks-wise, he takes more after his mother, but that's not all that unexpected.

I like how this story is going! Those last two panels are excellent! Except Pandora's hair in the second-to-last - I think there's an extra hair-bump, or the top one (being her head) isn't lined up somehow. 

18 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm on the fence between wanting to play in your games and wanting to run away from them.

Current project could be described as Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Firefly/Killjoys with a large helping of Lovecraft on the side.

On the "how old Immortals tend to look" thing, I think that it's mostly a matter of "You are as old as you feel". An Immortal may choose to look elderly in order to convey wisdom and gravitas--Jerry had that "everybody's favorite uncle" air about him right before his reset, while Pandora uses a child form to convey playfulness and lack of concern for consequences.

12 minutes ago, ijuin said:

On the "how old Immortals tend to look" thing, I think that it's mostly a matter of "You are as old as you feel". An Immortal may choose to look elderly in order to convey wisdom and gravitas--Jerry had that "everybody's favorite uncle" air about him right before his reset, while Pandora uses a child form to convey playfulness and lack of concern for consequences.

Or scare the crap out of everyone, if she used the creepy version.

Only six panels in, and already I'm invested in this ship! (Helps that Raven is one of my favorite characters)

I'm calling it now that the reason Pandora didn't reset at 200 like she probaby should have is because she had a son to take care of, and Raven's father was dead or otherwise incapacitated or incapable. 

This is cute. Pandora must really have loved Blaike, considering she still uses his name.

And I love all this backstory. It makes Pandora into a far more complex and sympathetic character. It seems as if Pandora's efforts to amuse herself by playing with mortals were far more considerate than they would later become. She gave useful information in return and most importantly, seems to care if they got hurt, which she certainly does not do in the story's present.

39 minutes ago, RainbowWizard said:

But she's the baaad guy! I don't wanna have feels for her plight! That makes it harder to want people to destroy her later!

/jk

loving this harder than the magic lion loves fresh meat.

She is a demi goddess of chaos.  That doesn't always mean evil.

1 hour ago, Sweveham said:

This is cute. Pandora must really have loved Blaike, considering she still uses his name.

And I love all this backstory. It makes Pandora into a far more complex and sympathetic character. It seems as if Pandora's efforts to amuse herself by playing with mortals were far more considerate than they would later become. She gave useful information in return and most importantly, seems to care if they got hurt, which she certainly does not do in the story's present.

I got the impression that she cared about him not getting hurt because she had started to like him, not because she cared that much about everyone.

Either way, I'm rooting for them. They're already cute together. I hope Adrian's father is going to fall in love with her too and not something darker, but with this comic things don't usually get very dark, they mostly get very cute, so I'm not too worried.

Dude has balls of steel, which is convenient for Pandora considering it looks like she'll have to collect them from magic lion bear crap to make use of them.