• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

11 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

I thought i typed that ...Remind me to turn off autocorrect.

I know right, even these forums yell at me for typing "Tedd", which is weird because in the old forums, I don't remember "Tedd" being an issue, however "Sarah" always got underlined, and now it's not

On 3/28/2016 at 6:22 PM, CritterKeeper said:

Well, my first bit of feedback is that our Tedd is named Tedd and not Ted....should be an easy thing to fix!

I discovered EGS from a cameo Grace made in I Dream of a Genie Bottle, and Grace most definitely asked "Where's Ted?" Of course, it could have been an alternate Grace from an alternate universe. Or maybe Grace was so disoriented she dropped a "d". Which brings up the question: Why the heck does Tedd have that extra d? And why has Tedd not even once said, "It's not 'Ted', it's 'Tedd'." Zits has used pretty much the same joke with Sara vs. Sarah, but I'm pretty sure it was less than fourteen years ago. Is there anything sadder than a joke waiting for a punchline that never comes?

JB102-wheres_ted.png

Likely in the case of the comic, the author just typoed which is an honest mistake. In terms of "it's not 'Ted', it's 'Tedd'", something like that would only work if he'd seen his name written like that on something for him. Reacting as such to it being spoken would be 4th wall breaking as there's no difference in how you'd say Ted vs Tedd, same with Sara vs Sarah, it just doesn't work unless you're intentionally breaking the 4th wall. We have seen an instance where Ellen had to correct someone on the pronunciation of Sciuridae because if was spoken wrong, Skur-a-dee vs Skwur-uh-day, so that works.

Why is it Judge Dredd instead of Judge Dred or Judge Dread? I don't really want to know why Dan put in an extra "d". Maybe he knows a Ted who isn't a perverted wierdball mad scientist. Still, the unborn joke is there, still waiting to be delivered, a 14-year-fetus that will need adult diapers.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

same with Sara vs Sarah, it just doesn't work unless you're intentionally breaking the 4th wall

not necessarily, i know someone who insists Sara should be pronounced with the same kind of 'a' sound as 'car', or 'tar', while Sarah is more of an 'air' 'flare' or 'care' sound.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Sciuridae because if was spoken wrong, Skur-a-dee vs Skwur-uh-day, so that works.

I suppose this is a bad time to point out i keep forgetting about that and would have mispronounced it as Sci-yer-ih-day?

7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Why is it Judge Dredd instead of Judge Dred or Judge Dread? I don't really want to know why Dan put in an extra "d". Maybe he knows a Ted who isn't a perverted wierdball mad scientist. Still, the unborn joke is there, still waiting to be delivered, a 14-year-fetus that will need adult diapers.

I just looked up Tedd on google and apparently many people do spell their name Tedd instead of Ted, so I don't see why there should be a joke about it.

Well, I was planning to hold out until I'd finished the first one, but since Zee seems to have found it, I may as well announce it...

On 3/8/2016 at 0:59 AM, Zee McZed said:

And now, for those that have not yet seen it (and hopefully to spur discussion and writeyness): 50 EGS FANFIC PROMPTS.

...I'm Izzarding this thing.

1. Grace turns evil. Sort of. Kind of. A little. 

Sin of Grace - T, Grace-centric, CN: discussion of rape.

(EDIT 8/8: Finally complete.  The next one will probably be too raunchy to link, and the third, as below, will certainly be too violent, so I'll most likely see you folks at #4. (EDIT 9/12: I've committed to behaving myself on the second, and so it will be linked as soon as the first two chapters are up in a day or two.  #3 still won't be.))

I can say already that the third will be too violent to link directly, and some of them may get a bit blue.  I'll be linking the ones that don't go past T.

Edited by WR...S

2. Sarah turns evil. Sort of. Kind of. A little.

Sarah, Queen of the Night - T, OT3 (though it's not obvious at this point), vampire theme, one chapter of three posted. (EDIT 9/30: I've decided to split the second chapter in two, so now there will be four chapters, of which two are now posted. Third probably in a few hours.) (EDIT 10/1: Third chapter posted.  OT3-ness now officially obvious.)  (EDIT 10/8: Complete.  Also, some changes to the third chapter.)

(As I said before, I will not be linking the third prompt.)

Edited by WR...S

On 05/18/2016 at 6:34 AM, InfiniteRemnant said:

I suppose this is a bad time to point out i keep forgetting about that and would have mispronounced it as Sci-yer-ih-day?

In Latin, it would be somewhere between Skee-yur-i-dye and S'chee-yur-i-day, depending on whom you ask.

The Infinite Loops. A multi-author mega crossover fanfic hosted on the Spacebattles forums and posted on Fanfiction.net. The premise is Yggdrasil is the World Tree (and also a computer system a la Ah! My Goddess), and every reality is one of its branches. Something damaged Yggdrasil. To stall for time, the Admins set every reality to loop through time while they repair it. Individuals (not all; generally the major, important, or notable characters) can retain memories and skills from previous loops, and occasionally they could start in someone else's loop (there's infinite crossover potential).

I was wondering for a bit about joining Spacebattles and getting EGS into the Loops. I have some ideas about EGS's specific Admin, what patches would be put through to make it possible, which individuals would be aware of the loops, and even decided to write a few of my own.

And wouldn't ya know it, someone already tried about a year and a half ago. I searched for EGS snips and found four of them dated March, July, and two in August 2015. I have no idea if they made it to a finished compilation (let alone a "finalized" submission on Fanfiction.net), but still, somebody beat me to it. So far he has the Admins talking about it, three of Tedd's Loops in Moperville, and that one time he replaced Ami from Sailor Moon. Not really a lot going on here yet.

Ah well. Not like anything's stopping me from writing anything there. It is a multi-author collab, after all.

If anyone wants to check out the Loops, here's an index for the EGS snippets (third post down), surrounded by indexes for other universes.

As I said, 3 I won't be linking, for reasons now clear to anyone who's read it.

On 3/9/2016 at 0:59 AM, Zee McZed said:

4. Jeremy’s day out.

The Beast, G(ish), gen, Lovecraft sendup - fair warning, I might have gotten a little too deep into his style at points, and I don't mean horror.

Anyway, I'm leaving the rest of this here so I don't have to necropost:

5. Tedd’s date night.

Eighteen-plus, soft T (I almost marked it G for irony's sake, but... eh), Tedd/Grace.

5. Tedd’s date night.
6. A day at the video store with Tensaided.
7. An episode of the Review Show goes… off script.
8. The TF gun breaks down.
9. Vladia starts working at the comic shop.
10. Hedge starts working at the theater.
11. Guineas starts working IN HOLLYWOOD.
12. The Demonic Duck waits in line at a convenience store.
13. Pandora waits in line at a convenience store. Although she does not have to.
14. A remarkably quiet day at the office for Mr. Verres.
15. Grace gets driving lessons.
16. Justin and/or George deal with a fanboy.
17. Nanase and Ellen ponder whether they’re getting too ‘Scooby-Doo’.
18. Elliot gets a goldfish.
19. Someone reprogrammed the TF gun. Badly.
20. Diane and Rhoda dance around the topic of magic, refusing to talk about it directly.
21. Catalina JACKASSes someone who deserves it quite a bit.
22. A discussion devolves into a sissy slap fight… again.
23. Sarah’s webcomic gains an unexpected fan following.
24. Jerry’s last thoughts before the end.
25. Susan takes a lesson from Sensei Greg. 
26. Two characters critique a very bad romance novel.
27. Two characters critique a badly written El Goonish Shive fanfic.
28. Amanda and Dr. Germahn meet Tedd on the bus. 
29. Raven and Noah go to the zoo.
30. A ship you enjoy falls apart in a remarkably civil manner.
31. A ship you dislike comes together in a way that makes sense.
32. The true story of how Lord Tedd came into power. 
33. Justin’s sparring match ends unexpectedly.
34. Inopportune times for involuntary shapeshifting.
35. Tedd and Elliot go on a road trip.
36. Dinner time at the Dunkel household.
37. Date night turns into WACKY MISADVENTURE night. Again.
38. Truth or dare occurs, and gets out of hand immediately.
39. Susan gives us five reasons never to play Truth or Dare with her friends.
40. Ashley tries to dodge the notoriety that comes with the “Griffin Incident”.
41. Winter means cold, and cold means snuggling for warmth.
42. Rich and Larry discuss public figures that are TOTALLY aliens.
43. Sensei Greg and Dex dissect an anime together.
44. Other uses for fairy dolls.
45. Dan and Minion do something DIABOLICAL.
46. An argument over a video game turns into transformation inspiration.
47. Tedd invents something mundane. 
48. Grace and Sarah ponder an inane school assignment. 
49. SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE!
50. “Why is there a wand in this box?”