• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Tom Sewell

What Should Diana's Mark Be?

20 hours ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

Considering we're talking about her tallent giving her a "magic bow" i would laugh my ass off it she wound up sporting this:400?cb=20130923233538

I don't have my book of mons any more, and I know it's not the Imperial mon, so whose is that?  Or is this a video game joke I am missing?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I don't have my book of mons any more, and I know it's not the Imperial mon, so whose is that?  Or is this a video game joke I am missing?

I thiiiink it might, maybe, actually be an anime reference? That or another webcomic?

20 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

I thiiiink it might, maybe, actually be an anime reference? That or another webcomic?

I went looking, lightly, on the web for mons and didn't see that one exactly.  Meh.

46 minutes ago, InfiniteRemnant said:

It's from Bleach. Look up "Quincy" and "Wandenreich".

Bleach is diluted sodium hypochlorite.  Or in some cases diluted hydrogen peroxide, depending.  There are several other options, but those are the main two.  Don't mix the two versions together.  Bad Things will happen.

I assume you don't mean that, however, and in fact mean "The anime and/or manga Bleach"

:P

I think she would be closest to Aphrodite; at least from the way she acts that's how I feel.

Possible Symbols of Aphrodite: http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/goddess_symbols_Aphrodite.htm

I would not even be surprised if she gets seduction / mental state influencing spells. But on the other hand she has been shown to have started developing a deeper character than "Get boys to buy us stuff" so I don't know. From how much she likes Griffins, she might get a summoning spell like Dex or something.

Well, both griffins whom Diane has met were powerful mages and warriors--even the one who was expressly "not a fighter" thought that destroying six Vampires unassisted was hardly worth mentioning. They were both quite intelligent, with the one who "just slashes things" being no mental slouch herself. That would count as "way cool" in a lot of people's books.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Well, both griffins whom Diane has met were powerful mages and warriors--even the one who was expressly "not a fighter" thought that destroying six Vampires unassisted was hardly worth mentioning. They were both quite intelligent, with the one who "just slashes things" being no mental slouch herself. That would count as "way cool" in a lot of people's books.

That's true. But at the same time she was the only one shown to fan-girl all over them. She was seen going to see a Geeky movie, something that can threaten her social status, for the sake of seeing Griffins.

We have not seen any other protagonists have this fan-girl like reaction so I assumed that Dan is emphasizing Diane's reaction for story purposes. But I do admit you have a fair point there.

23 minutes ago, rhjason said:

We have not seen any other protagonists have this fan-girl like reaction

Well, aside from Andrea's initial reaction to Nanase...

Also, I think it was Ellen, over the actor Jason D. Poit.

On 7/19/2016 at 4:29 PM, Don Edwards said:

And Ashley re: All Magic Ever.

On 7/19/2016 at 4:04 PM, rhjason said:

We have not seen any other protagonists have this fan-girl like reaction so I assumed that Dan is emphasizing Diane's reaction for story purposes. But I do admit you have a fair point there.

Ashley to Susan, after Susan delivered her epic smack down about (bad) Tom.

On 7/19/2016 at 5:29 PM, Don Edwards said:

And Susan to Elliot about Star Trek during the pilot episode of their review show.

On 7/19/2016 at 4:29 PM, Don Edwards said:

On 7/20/2016 at 6:02 PM, Matoyak said:

And Ashley re: All Magic Ever.

On 7/20/2016 at 6:52 PM, mlooney said:

Ashley to Susan, after Susan delivered her epic smack down about (bad) Tom.

On 7/21/2016 at 7:39 PM, Scotty said:

And Susan to Elliot about Star Trek during the pilot episode of their review show.

It's a comic full of fanboy/girl-ing, suffice to say. :p

On 7/19/2016 at 9:22 AM, rhjason said:

I think she would be closest to Aphrodite; at least from the way she acts that's how I feel.

I wouldn't. Despite her threat to use seduction on Elliot, one of the biggest reasons Diane thought Elliot was a very good prospect was that she thought he was unlikely to pressure her into sex. Diane has lots of practice in teasing, but seduction?

Aphrodite/Venus is all for sex and all about sex. She's a fertility goddess. Artemis/Diana and her sister Athena/Minerva are both supposed to be eternal virgins--and man-killers.

21 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wouldn't. Despite her threat to use seduction on Elliot, one of the biggest reasons Diane thought Elliot was a very good prospect was that she thought he was unlikely to pressure her into sex. Diane has lots of practice in teasing, but seduction?

Aphrodite/Venus is all for sex and all about sex. She's a fertility goddess. Artemis/Diana and her sister Athena/Minerva are both supposed to be eternal virgins--and man-killers.

You have a good point there...but I don't know a greek god of (to quote Elliot talking about girl Tedd) "A Huge Tease". Do you know any?

I've just been looking through the thread Things You Only Noticed on Reread, and read that Ellen V5'd herself while she was talking with Nanase, Diane, and Charlotte in So a Date at the Mall. It's not explicit but Ellen sure does look chest-enhanced and her hair is suddenly a lot longer.

So I'm wondering how long it's going to take Diane to ask to be V5'd. Before or after she finds out her sister has had the procedure at least once?