• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Howitzer

Story: Thursday, July 14, 2016

What are the chances that the rampaging monster that killed Blaike was the same wolf monster that was created when Abraham used the diamond in an attempt to cure a nobleman of a terrible curse?

11 minutes ago, tuoteg said:

the rampaging monster that killed Blaike was the same wolf monster that was created when Abraham used the diamond in an attempt to cure a nobleman of a terrible curse?

That might be a little bit too convenient of a coincidence.  But not impossible...

9 minutes ago, FailedSanity said:

He didn't even get to die a hero - his death was in vain, unable to save anyone.

Blaike may not have defended the travelers successfully, but that does not necessarily mean his sacrifice was in vain.

Do monsters still rampage along that road?  Perhaps his tragic tale inspired others to say "no more" and make that territory safe for all travelers.

Well, and now we know why Pandora hates Abraham.

F*** this guy. There is no difference between "I made an oath" and "I was just following orders", as far as excuses for murdering sleeping children.

Now we know where Adrian got his need to protect others.  It's in his blood, and we now know why Pandora doesn't want him to be that way.  This also explains why she tried to have Edward kill Abraham.  Hurting her family is a Bad Thing to do.  The question now is does great godson count as family? Evidence points yes.

And Voltaire, Abner, and Sirleck, you guys are dead men walking, you just don't know it.

2 hours ago, FailedSanity said:

OUCH. 

He didn't even get to die a hero - his death was in vain, unable to save anyone.

I disagree. What makes for a hero isn't success or failure but the act of entering danger in order to protect others, if need be at the price of one's own life. A fireman who is killed the first time he enters action is still a hero.

I fully agree with the tragic part, mind you. *sigh*

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
4 hours ago, tuoteg said:

the rampaging monster that killed Blaike was the same wolf monster that was created when Abraham used the diamond in an attempt to cure a nobleman of a terrible curse?

That might be a little bit too convenient of a coincidence.  But not impossible...

Considering how much Pandora wanted Magus to get Edward to kill Abraham. If it really was just about preventing Abraham from interfering with Magus' plans later on, she shouldn't have been that mad at his refusal, sure you could say that she was upset about Abraham hurting Adrian, but it would explain the full tantrum she had if Abraham was also the cause of Blaike's death.

Then again, if it was true, Adrian showed a lot of restraint when confronting Abraham, Adrian would have been around 10 years old when the monster, which does look like a werewolf, killed his dad, but he later on learned about Abraham and the diamond and probably could have connected the two.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Now we know where Adrian got his need to protect others.  It's in his blood, and we now know why Pandora doesn't want him to be that way.  This also explains why she tried to have Edward kill Abraham.  Hurting her family is a Bad Thing to do.  The question now is does great godson count as family? Evidence points yes.

And Voltaire, Abner, and Sirleck, you guys are dead men walking, you just don't know it.

I think part of Pandora's insanity is that even though she's an Immortal with more power than most mortals, even at 166 years old she was powerless to prevent Blaike's death. She was too bound by the rules of Immortals and then further restricted herself so that she couldn't see the monster to warn Blaike. I'm guessing she probably blamed not only herself but the Immortals' rules....Hmm that would explain her plan for the "apocalypse" basically break all the rules so that not only Adrian can freely use his abilities, maybe she still plans on resetting, but if she happens to fall in love with someone again, then she would be able to protect them without angering anyone? Yeah I know it sounds flawed, but even with just allowing Adrian to freely use his abilities, it would get the other Immortals agry.

I don't see Abner being in too much trouble, yeah he's a pawn, but he seems to be the type that will turn around and help the good guys.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

We've gotten more than enough information to know that it was no coincidence at all. Pandora engineered the entire situation.

1. Pandora catches Magus after he falls into the main EGS world and convinces Magus that he has to follow her instructions in order to regain a physical body.
  2. Under her instructions, Magus influences Tedd into zapping Elliott with the TF gun, which causes them to visit the Dewitchery Diamond. The act creates Ellen and simultaneously awakens Abraham, who immediately sets out to find and kill Ellen.
  3. When Abraham eventually does find Ellen, she is defended by both Adrian and Nanase. Pandora intervenes to aid the latter, knowing Nanase will exhaust everything in the effort.
  4. When Mr. Verres arrives after the fact, he is furious at Abraham, but just barely not enough to kill him in cold blood. Pandora attempts to use Magus to change that - completing her quest for vengeance - but Magus refuses.

Pandora even admits to Adrian, after the fact, that she "couldn't get anyone to kill the kidnapper", implying it was one of the primary objectives of the entire exercise.

You do realize, if that is indeed the monster the Dewitchery Diamond created, then we have solid evidence that Pandora was not involved I the trinket's creation? She would have been busy raising Adrian and being with Blaike. 

This was easy to predict, but damn, the way Blaike died was still a shock. I agree with all of you who theorize that the wolf monster that killed Blaike was the one created from the Dewitchery Diamond. It would certainly explain why Pandora seemed to hate Abraham so much and wanted him dead so badly.

Next we might see Pandora go on a rampage and kill the monster herself despite it going against immortal rules. However, I bet the other immortals will go easy on her because they know why she did what she did. Immortals falling in love with humans might be rare, but it's clearly not forbidden, so immortals must understand love. Pandora certainly loved Blaike and she probably still loves Adrian just as much as she did when he was a kid, she's just much worse at showing it these days.

9 hours ago, banneret said:

I daresay, we all regret predicting this.

Agreed.

9 hours ago, tuoteg said:

What are the chances that the rampaging monster that killed Blaike was the same wolf monster that was created when Abraham used the diamond in an attempt to cure a nobleman of a terrible curse?

I'm not 100% on which wolf monster it would have been, or if there was one that turned Abraham's master into a wolf (or was turned by him), but that seems altogether too likely

9 hours ago, FailedSanity said:

He didn't even get to die a hero - his death was in vain, unable to save anyone. That makes it hurt all the worse.

Trying to protect others and failing is still a heroic death.

17 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Poor Dan.  I'm glad he shared with us just how hard it was to create a comic with a character death.  The Geek is strong with him.  We may have only just met Blaike, but Dan has likely known him for years.

Also, we have arguments next time someone tries to predict Dan will kill someone.

15 hours ago, tuoteg said:

... we really need the timeline. Who's older, Adrian or Abraham (ignoring the fact Abraham skipped all those years, while Adrian spent most of them teaching).

13 hours ago, mlooney said:

Voltaire is immortal and Sirleck is aberration, so no really men. Abner didn't really did anything that bad. Also, Sirleck's host is LITERALLY dead man walking.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Then again, if it was true, Adrian showed a lot of restraint when confronting Abraham, Adrian would have been around 10 years old when the monster, which does look like a werewolf, killed his dad, but he later on learned about Abraham and the diamond and probably could have connected the two.

The connection is unlikely to be that easy. Obviously, there are other monsters around: Pandora might find out that the monster and Abraham are related using immortal methods, but Adrian didn't had that option and likely didn't invested that much time into it.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

She was too bound by the rules of Immortals and then further restricted herself so that she couldn't see the monster to warn Blaike. I'm guessing she probably blamed not only herself but the Immortals' rules...

While she certainly did blamed both herself and the immortal rules, there is no proof she could prevented that. It wasn't first monster Blaike fought, and the reason he lost this time might've been bad luck or something unpredictable.

8 hours ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Next we might see Pandora go on a rampage and kill the monster herself despite it going against immortal rules. However, I bet the other immortals will go easy on her because they know why she did what she did.

Unlikely. Either the monster is aberration and therefore valid target, or killing it would be TOO big problems to let her go with hand slapping.

What MIGHT happen is her going on rampage and some other immortal restraining her before she killed the monster.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

While she certainly did blamed both herself and the immortal rules, there is no proof she could prevented that. It wasn't first monster Blaike fought, and the reason he lost this time might've been bad luck or something unpredictable.

True, but still, Pandora's conversation with Adrian in the hospital certainly makes a lot more sense now.

Adrian's dialog "my desire to fight has never been about killing, it's about protecting people and serving my country" had to have been something he learned from his father. And Pandora's dialog "...and putting yourself at risk for people who will ultimately wither and die is insanity." is likely due to her bitterness over the loss of Blaike. Basically her whole "lesson in mortality" is her saying "trying to help others will only get you killed eventually".

You know Grace's speech about trying for better outcomes? I'm willing to bet Blaike felt the same way.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Adrian's dialog "my desire to fight has never been about killing, it's about protecting people and serving my country" had to have been something he learned from his father.

... unless it's hereditary :)

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Basically her whole "lesson in mortality" is her saying "trying to help others will only get you killed eventually".

Well ... she might be right on this. But Adrian would rather die than not try, just as his father.

We don't know yet if Adrian was ever told how his father died, do we? Without knowing what killed him, it would be very difficult for him to figure out any possible connection to the diamond and Abraham. And I'm getting the suspicion that Pandora might have tried to protect him by not telling him anything.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Voltaire is immortal and Sirleck is aberration, so no really men. Abner didn't really did anything that bad. Also, Sirleck's host is LITERALLY dead man walking.

Man, in this context, means male sophont, not restricted to Homo Sapiens.  Abner gave Sirleck Adrian's name.  That's going to make him guilty in Pandora's world view.