• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Greg's New Girlfriend

Somewhere (I just can't find it right now) after Family Tree, one of the Gang of Eight announces that Greg has a new girlfriend that he met on New Year's Eve, which is, of course, when Family Tree takes place. I'm going to propose some possibilities. Share your thoughts and any new candidacies, please.

Pandora

It's already established that Pandora can look like anyone or maybe anything she wants to. She doesn't have to have any reason better than "it might be fun," but better reasons might include that Greg's as much of a good guy and oddball as Blaike, and that being Greg's g/f gives her a stealthy way to blend in with the gang she's invested so much in observing.

Vladia

Hey, know any other female in EGS that's as tall as Vladia? And since Greg knows Vladia's sister Grace has a weird background and powers, Greg would be a member of the very small group of "men I might date safely." (And also "men who might survive dating me.")

Susan's (Adoptive) Mom

We have no idea how old Greg is, but we do know high school and maybe college coeds are out of his strike zone. I don't think it's likely at all; what would bring Susan's Mom and Greg together on New Year's Eve? Match.com? But it has massive comedy potential after Susan learns about this new ship.

Susan's (Biological) Mom

If The Woman With Susan's Face Who Isn't Diane turns up dating Greg, we have the potential for complications which could register on the Richter scale.

The Voice Actress Who Played Lucky Bunny

Could be either the original Japanese seiyuu or the one who did the English dub.

Noriko, Tedd's Mom

Noriko could have been in Moperville on New Year's Eve. Even if she can't face her ex or her son, she could have come to check up on Tedd and is likely to have ninja as well as magic skills. And it's not entirely out of the question that she voiced Lucky Bunny in both Japanese and English (and probably French too; France has a lot of anime fans.)

I have long suspected that Greg and Vladia formed some sort of relationship.

My feeling is that Hedge and Guineas have unusual abilities and need to be able to control them in the mundane world.  Sensei Greg is accustomed to coaching people with unusual abilities.  He is aware of the spooky stuff that is supposed to be kept hidden.  He is Grace's martial arts teacher and has met Agent Veres on the job.  If the undisclosed location where Grace's family was relocated following Damien's death is reasonably near Moperville, Edward Veres may have hired Greg to help the Nestlings adapt.

If Vladia is serious about not transforming back into her monstrous form, then she wouldn't be using Greg's services as a teacher.  (A more conventional 'Self-Defense' class would probably appeal to her.)  But he would still be one of the few non-governmental types with whom she would have a chance to interact regularly.

I lost a bet because after mentioning Greg's date on New Year's Eve, the comic never returned to that subject.  There has been no conformation or contradiction.  We know NOTHING about Greg's social life now that we didn't before the days of Squirrel Profit.

I suggested Téa the Magic Tea Shop Girl as a joke, but I suppose she really could be Greg's girlfriend, assuming that Dan hadn't decided who the girlfriend should be before he designed Téa. However, I have a feeling that the magic tea isn't exactly canon, so Téa would be just a regular tea shop girl in the comic if we got to see her with Greg.

On 7/14/2016 at 5:32 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I lost a bet because after mentioning Greg's date on New Year's Eve, the comic never returned to that subject.  There has been no conformation or contradiction.  We know NOTHING about Greg's social life now that we didn't before the days of Squirrel Profit.

Dex has confirmed it.

My personal bet is it's a new character. 

If I were to branch out from that Carol Brown, Ace Reporter, would be my choice.

9 hours ago, WR...S said:

I want I want I want Vladia.  But if pressed, I'd have to guess "new character."

Of all the characters we have seen Vladia comes the closest to "new character".  She (vs her "monster form") has only been in two scenes.  The end of painted black and the start of Grace's birthday party.  If it has to be a character we know, that's not Carol Brown, Ace Reporter, Vladia will do.

Note the Carol Brown, Ace Reporter + Greg ship is a joke.  I don't really ship them.  It would be funny however.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Note the Carol Brown, Ace Reporter + Greg ship is a joke.  I don't really ship them.  It would be funny however.

There is no such thing as a "Joke Ship".  You launched her.  She will sail.

I know of which I speak.
Back when I was active in the Kim Possible FanFic community, I posted a story about Rufus and Shego.
I thought it was an absurd joke.

Rugo will not die.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There is no such thing as a "Joke Ship".  You launched her.  She will sail.

OK the, the name of the ship is Boaty McBoatface, because the British Antarctic Survey wimped out and called their new ship "RRS Sir David Attenborough", despite Boaty McBoatface winning the poll.

Granted the did name the mini sub that the Attenborough carries "Boaty".

On 7/18/2016 at 5:31 AM, mlooney said:

Of all the characters we have seen Vladia comes the closest to "new character".  She (vs her "monster form") has only been in two scenes.  The end of painted black and the start of Grace's birthday party.  If it has to be a character we know, that's not Carol Brown, Ace Reporter, Vladia will do.

I actually wrote a bit of fanfiction where Carol gets laid off along with the rest of the Channel Four staff when the owner decides it's better for him to close the station and write it off as a loss for taxes. Carol decides to go to a bar in the seediest section of Moperville--you know, close to a cigarette store, an abortion clinic, a strip club, an ice cream parlor... Don't bother looking for it. I doubt I'll ever put it up. But I can see Greg and Carol hooking up.