• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday July 20, 2016

Yeesh. Pandora scared me with that "IT WILL BE HER LAST DREAM" comment, and even with the "before waking up" context it's still pretty terrifying. I hope Grace makes it out of this in one piece. (I mean, with what we last saw Sirleck up to, the whole cast is probably in danger, but I still worry about what Pandora has planned)

Yanking enough chains to stop a bus, sheesh.

Expect anything devilish, but what I am looking for is her ulterior motive. Yet, no major character REALLY dies, rite?

1 minute ago, Stature said:

Expect anything devilish, but what I am looking for is her ulterior motive. Yet, no major character REALLY dies, rite?

I don't know, Dan did specifically exclude time travel from magic so that an event like Grace destroying Moperville couldn't be undone. While Dan likely doesn't want the story to get too dark, I fail to see how a being with as little empathy as Sirleck "rain[ing] hell down on Moperville" would happen without any casualties. At the very least, someone's going to get hurt by this.

As for Pandora, I'm not sure she has an ulterior motive here. She thinks someone's messing with her plans, and she intends to find out who it is. Too bad this is distracting her from Voltaire actively trying to get her son killed. 

Too broad there, bud. If mentally, kinda. If physically, nah. Dreams cannot hurt the dreamer's body.

Welcome to the surrealistic side AKA dreamscape forums.

1 hour ago, Stature said:

There are still lots of supporting and minor characters I like!

50 minutes ago, Stature said:

Dreams cannot hurt the dreamer's body.

I know that most somnambulism occurs when the subject is not in an active REM Dream state.  But could a dream trigger a later sleepwalking episode?

A sleepwalking Grace would be in all the usual potential trouble, and she can fly.   What happens if she sleep flies and then blacks out completely at 1,000 feet?

3 hours ago, Servant of Tara Gilesbie said:

As for Pandora, I'm not sure she has an ulterior motive here. She thinks someone's messing with her plans, and she intends to find out who it is. Too bad this is distracting her from Voltaire actively trying to get her son killed. 

It's been my impression that Voltaire wants to get Sirleck killed, that Raven is just bait.  Consider that Raven is as much a wizard as Magus is, with the added bonus of seemingly perpetual youth.  He'd make a better target for possession than Magus, especially if evicting him from Raven's body would be beyond the capabilities of an ordinary immortal. Even more especially if the limit on such a capability is due to Immortal law, rather than an inherent limitation Then Sirleck possesses Raven, Pandora goes berserk and attracts the attention of the other immortals. They do something about Pandora.. It's multiplying uncertainties, but I think outing Pandora and having her dealt with by the other Immortals is Voltaire's ultimate goal.

Anyone get the feeling that if Pandora can look into someone's dream, she should be able to see what Sarah is doing in her simulated time freezes? I mean you could say that Sarah's spell lets her enter a dreamstate of the area around her in full lucid mode. Maybe it's more complicate than that, like it uses another part of the brain that doesn't deal with dreams and Pandora can only access the dream section, I dunno.

I gotta wonder why Disco Wizard would want to keep contacting Grace now, she's made the connection about the marks and the creepy girl(Pandora) she saw on TV. If she wanted to report back that she's made the connection, she likely did it Friday night/Saturday morning. Will Pandora find anything to indicate who's interfering with her plans? Will Grace be having a different dream this time? I wonder if Grace's Lespuko side can take on Pandora.

Sarah's conversation with Pandora was the same night Elliot and Ashley were at their uneventful mall date.  So this is no more than a few hours after that.

- we interrupt this chronological commentary for a brane storm -

Dangerous Rarity Tedd will notice the magic activity (Pandora vs Disco Wizard in the Chimera Cortex) coming from Grace's room.  Tedd will discover a way to notice the presence of immortals on the spirit plane by a human on the mortal plane.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Relevant detail added

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I gotta wonder why Disco Wizard would want to keep contacting Grace now, she's made the connection about the marks and the creepy girl(Pandora) she saw on TV.

I doubt that Disco Wizard is continuing contact - unless there is additional information to impart, but I think Grace already got as big a clue as she's going to get.

But Pandora doesn't know that.

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Dangerous Rarity Tedd will notice the magic activity (Pandora vs Disco Wizard in the Chimera Cortex) coming from Grace's room.  Tedd will discover a way to notice the presence of immortals on the spirit plane by a human on the mortal plane.

Oh PLEASE let this happen. PLEASE! That would be awesome.

bad touch grace needs adult

Seriously though I'm not sure if Pandora can do much beyond have a gander and... 'guide and empower'. That's it.

Look or indirectly aid, and she's purely not in the mood to aid...

Ooh, maybe she'll see the spooky many horned skull thing from Grace's dreams years ago irl and we'll find out what that was about.

9 hours ago, Servant of Tara Gilesbie said:

Yeesh. Pandora scared me with that "IT WILL BE HER LAST DREAM" comment, and even with the "before waking up" context it's still pretty terrifying. I hope Grace makes it out of this in one piece. (I mean, with what we last saw Sirleck up to, the whole cast is probably in danger, but I still worry about what Pandora has planned)

That was a bit scary, and the Pandora being crazy font didn't help matters.

6 minutes ago, RainbowWizard said:

bad touch grace needs adult

Seriously though I'm not sure if Pandora can do much beyond have a gander and... 'guide and empower'. That's it.

Look or indirectly aid, and she's purely not in the mood to aid...

Ooh, maybe she'll see the spooky many horned skull thing from Grace's dreams years ago irl and we'll find out what that was about.

Given http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=580, http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=581 and http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2199, it's apparently a Lespuko skull…

Do you think that Pandora means "before waking up" as in waking up, or "before waking up" as in getting the ability to use magic.

I know Dan said that Grace couldn't awaken on her own, but an Immortal like Pandora could probably find a way, and Pandora apparently wants to create a world where everybody can use magic, so...

1 hour ago, Sargon said:

Do you think that Pandora means "before waking up" as in waking up, or "before waking up" as in getting the ability to use magic.

I know Dan said that Grace couldn't awaken on her own, but an Immortal like Pandora could probably find a way, and Pandora apparently wants to create a world where everybody can use magic, so...

Actually, Dan did say that Grace can awaken, it's just more difficult because she'd have to be able to suppress her natural power to build up magic power. I'm sure she could do it on her own if she was dedicated to it, I think Noah is a good example that it can be done, but having an Immortal speed up the process could be doable too. I don't think Pandora would do that though, she's probably already aware of what Grace is capable of.

33 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is there any chance that when Pandora enters Grace's dream she will find Dream Grace talking to the Generic Super Hero Concerned with Language Awareness?

Absolutely, and they will draft Pandora into arbitrating.