• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday July 20, 2016

I see the "LAST DREAM" bit as one of Pandora's mannerisms. If you look at Pandora in Squirrel Prophet and in the NP arc which takes place immediately afterward, she often says something ominous and then follows up with cuteness. Pandora was actually happy to learn someone was advising Grace in her dreams when she discovered it in Squirrel Prophet, and Pandora knows that the last dream before you wake up is the one you are most likely to remember.

Also, notice that in both Squirrel Prophet and in this installment, Grace has a pad and pencil right next to the smar she uses as an alarm. In Squirrel Prophet, when she wakes up, she picks up that pad to record  what she remembers about that dream. Even though she can't (yet), it proves that she's been doing that for some time.

Gee, do you think maybe Dan has been setting up the discovery of the dream adviser for a long time?

Grace isn't the only character who's had things implanted in her dreams. Ellen certainly has. And maybe Elliot. Remember how Elliot had a Super Elliot dream just before he woke up as Cheerleadra? And what were those two dreams he had about Susan and the other girls about?

The other advisor will be whomever Dan decides, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Nioi, not another Immortal. Doesn't seem like Voltaire's style, and Helen and Demetrius are still re-learning their powers and aren't entirely competent with the ones they have.

I see the "LAST DREAM" bit as one of Pandora's mannerisms. If you look at Pandora in Squirrel Prophet and in the NP arc which takes place immediately afterward, she often says something ominous and then follows up with cuteness. Pandora was actually happy to learn someone was advising Grace in her dreams when she discovered it in Squirrel Prophet, and Pandora knows that the last dream before you wake up is the one you are most likely to remember.

Also, notice that in both Squirrel Prophet and in this installment, Grace has a pad and pencil right next to the smart phone she uses as an alarm. In Squirrel Prophet, when she wakes up, she picks up that pad to record  what she remembers about that dream. Even though she can't (yet), it proves that she's been doing that for some time.

Gee, do you think maybe Dan has been setting up the discovery of the dream adviser for a long time?

Grace isn't the only character who's had things implanted in her dreams. Ellen certainly has. And maybe Elliot. Remember how Elliot had a Super Elliot dream just before he woke up as Cheerleadra? And what were those two dreams he had about Susan and the other girls about?

The other advisor will be whomever Dan decides, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Nioi, not another Immortal. Doesn't seem like Voltaire's style, and Helen and Demetrius are still re-learning their powers and aren't entirely competent with the ones they have.

19 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also, notice that in both Squirrel Prophet and in this installment, Grace has a pad and pencil right next to the smar she uses as an alarm.

What is a smar? ?_?

And maybe Elliot. Remember how Elliot had a Super Elliot dream just before he woke up as Cheerleadra? And what were those two dreams he had about Susan and the other girls about?

Preeeetty sure those were just a dude having dreams about doin' cool things, sexiness, and sexy ladies in his life. The waking up as Cheerleadra was due to the magic buildup stuff he was dealing with. But eh, I've been wrong more times than right with EGS, so who knows. I still don't think Elliot's had any dream tampering going on.

24 minutes ago, Matoyak said:

And maybe Elliot. Remember how Elliot had a Super Elliot dream just before he woke up as Cheerleadra? And what were those two dreams he had about Susan and the other girls about?

Preeeetty sure those were just a dude having dreams about doin' cool things, sexiness, and sexy ladies in his life. The waking up as Cheerleadra was due to the magic buildup stuff he was dealing with. But eh, I've been wrong more times than right with EGS, so who knows. I still don't think Elliot's had any dream tampering going on.

Yeah, those were just natural dreams powered by teenage hormones and stuff. Elliot just seems to have some natural ability to do lucid dreaming, so....if there's any dream tampering going on there, Elliot's the one doing the tampering. ;)

On July 20, 2016 at 3:51 AM, Stature said:

Too broad there, bud. If mentally, kinda. If physically, nah. Dreams cannot hurt the dreamer's body.

Welcome to the surrealistic side AKA dreamscape forums.

Man, where's Dennis Quaid when we really need him?

I wonder whether any of the main cast would be able to project themselves into the dreaming of another, in an active sense. Mind to mind communication seems relatively uncommon in EGS, though Nanase and Ellen experienced it with the Angel Guardian form, and Tedd suffered a variant with the whale. Is it beyond Tedd to develop equipment to give himself the same power? Wizards and immortals can project themselves into dreams, is there are compelling reason the children cannot?

On Saturday July 23, 2016 at 4:23 AM, Scotty said:

Yeah, those were just natural dreams powered by teenage hormones and stuff. Elliot just seems to have some natural ability to do lucid dreaming, so....if there's any dream tampering going on there, Elliot's the one doing the tampering. ;)

Elliot has a great deal of discipline and control, Sarah may have found it dull and Ellen thought it wooden, but the truth is that Elliot's self-discipline makes him considerably more powerful. Of all the eight, he is the one who would be the most dangerous in a dreaming state, I feel. There are conflicts in Susan that can be exploited, and Nanase grew up disciplined rather than developing her own self-discipline so I feel they would be less formidable in their own minds. Ellen navigated an implanted reality, Grace confronts fears, but Elliot actually communes with himself and redefines the experience.

2 hours ago, banneret said:

Elliot has a great deal of discipline and control, Sarah may have found it dull and Ellen thought it wooden, but the truth is that Elliot's self-discipline makes him considerably more powerful. Of all the eight, he is the one who would be the most dangerous in a dreaming state, I feel. There are conflicts in Susan that can be exploited, and Nanase grew up disciplined rather than developing her own self-discipline so I feel they would be less formidable in their own minds. Ellen navigated an implanted reality, Grace confronts fears, but Elliot actually communes with himself and redefines the experience.

I would think that Ellen would have the same advantage in dreams as Elliot, sure she doesn't have the "wooden restraint" that Elliot has (well...had), but that's because she made a choice to drop that when she decided she wanted her own identity separate from Elliot. The lucid dreaming ability would have been something that Elliot learned how to do over the course of several years so I would think that knowledge would have carried over to Ellen easily we just haven't seen her use it. The second life stuff, while it did occur when Ellen slept, can't really be classified as a dream, it was memories from an alternate reality Ellen that, as you said, were implanted into her mind magically, she had no control over any of it and yet she remembered all of it.

On 07/20/2016 at 11:58 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

A sleepwalking Grace would be in all the usual potential trouble, and she can fly.   What happens if she sleep flies and then blacks out completely at 1,000 feet?

Grace is flying using telekinesis. I don't think it's low-concentration enough to be possible while sleeping.

On 07/20/2016 at 1:25 PM, Amiable Dorsai said:

He'd make a better target for possession than Magus, especially if evicting him from Raven's body would be beyond the capabilities of an ordinary immortal

Except it's quite likely Raven is also much HARDER target for possession.

On 07/20/2016 at 2:24 PM, Scotty said:

I mean you could say that Sarah's spell lets her enter a dreamstate of the area around her in full lucid mode. Maybe it's more complicate than that

It is, with one of the complication being the timeframe. Pandora's "entering dreamscape" ability might be too slow to catch that spell.

On 07/22/2016 at 5:49 PM, Tom Sewell said:

Remember how Elliot had a Super Elliot dream just before he woke up as Cheerleadra?

That was normal dream - except that he cast the spell in dream and it happened in reality.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Except it's quite likely Raven is also much HARDER target for possession.

Yep. No pain, no gain. I don't have any real feel for how much of a risk taker Sirleck is, but the prize of a quasi-immortal body like Raven's has to be mighty tempting, especially if he thinks all he would have to face after possessing Raven is the Addled Immortals. If he knew someone like Pandora would be gunning for him, he'd probably run away screaming.

14 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Yep. No pain, no gain. I don't have any real feel for how much of a risk taker Sirleck is, but the prize of a quasi-immortal body like Raven's has to be mighty tempting, especially if he thinks all he would have to face after possessing Raven is the Addled Immortals. If he knew someone like Pandora would be gunning for him, he'd probably run away screaming.

The simple fact that Sirleck would be possessing someone related by blood to Immortals might be enough.