• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Monday July 31, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2380

Welp, Pandora realizes that Magus might still be an issue, dunno if she plans on addressing that at some point, her deciding not to say anything about it to Tedd seems like Dan's foreshadowing.

And of course, Grace and Edward are sawing logs. But Tedd does admit this isn't the first time she's been up late working on stuff.

Hmm. If Magus's crazy plan with Mr. Body snatcher (can't remember how it's spelt and don't feel like looking it up at the moment) doesn't work, how likely is it that he finds out about Tedd opening up a new avenue to get his body back.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

So Pandora is thinking about Magus again. Perhaps she'll think of checking up on him later.

I said it seems like foreshadowing, but I mean more in the way that the chances of Tedd zapping Elliot with the wand while Magus is in the path is higher than Pandora believes, especially since she doesn't tell Tedd about it. You know the whole "I've got an opportunity to prevent something from happening if I warn someone about it, but I don't think there's really any chance of it happening so there isn't any point" plot mechanic.

I do hope Pandora tries to talk to Magus, apologize for her behaviour and help him safely get his body back without any games. But she may think that bridge is too badly burned or Magus might not be willing to believe her. I dunno.

So Edward and Grace both Snore loudly.

Are we sure transformation magic can't be used for medical purposes?

Maybe if Tedd could make a wand that would transform the human sinus passages into something less prone to clogging, the whole Verres family could benefit.

Crazy Idea Alert!

What if Noriko left Edward because she just couldn't stand the snoring?

I still don't totally understand what's going on with Magus - I get what he wants but I don't get HOW that would help him.

Also, I must admit I find that I find the whole V5 stuff to be rather... excessive.

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I said it seems like foreshadowing, but I mean more in the way that the chances of Tedd zapping Elliot with the wand while Magus is in the path is higher than Pandora believes, especially since she doesn't tell Tedd about it. You know the whole "I've got an opportunity to prevent something from happening if I warn someone about it, but I don't think there's really any chance of it happening so there isn't any point" plot mechanic.

I do hope Pandora tries to talk to Magus, apologize for her behaviour and help him safely get his body back without any games. But she may think that bridge is too badly burned or Magus might not be willing to believe her. I dunno.

While desperation on Magus' part would be a pretty strong motivating factor, I believe that he would categorically refuse any 'help' from her given how he ended up the last time he dealt with her.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Another room... another continent...

It's all about finding what makes you comfortable.

I still think that moving to Florida was an overreaction on your part. Surely Hachupset did not snore that badly.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2380

Welp, Pandora realizes that Magus might still be an issue, dunno if she plans on addressing that at some point, her deciding not to say anything about it to Tedd seems like Dan's foreshadowing.

I believe the commentary that Dan didn't originally planning this. Given that even if Tedd DOES try that on Elliot, Magus would be unlikely to be ready for it, I still think it will be Ellen who will hit Magus. (Which, on the other hand, is something Dan likely already has in plan.)

6 minutes ago, JainaEgo said:
37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

While desperation on Magus' part would be a pretty strong motivating factor, I believe that he would categorically refuse any 'help' from her given how he ended up the last time he dealt with her.

I think it's hard to apologize to someone while you keep him restrained, which is only way how to make Magus listen to the apology.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

And of course, Grace and Edward are sawing logs. But Tedd does admit this isn't the first time she's been up late working on stuff.

It's possible HE's been up late working on stuff ... but yes, I suspect SHE was working more often :)

30 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I don't think Grace snores THAT loudly.

... "it's okay, we've got fur"? Is she dreaming about being naked in public? With Sarah as furry catgirl?

31 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Snoring gets worse with age. She likely left before that became problem.

Magus may be a brilliant mage, but he doesn't seem to be so hot at strategy and tactics. What's he trying to do here, take out Pandora, or get his body back? Is Magus evil enough to be okay with helping to kill Adrian Raven? He's seen Adrian fighting honorably to protect Ellen. 

Dreaming about Baa, Baa, Black Sheep?

They sleep on the second, Tedd works on the basement. Of course he could get away making some noise.

Just now, hkmaly said:

I believe the commentary that Dan didn't originally planning this. Given that even if Tedd DOES try that on Elliot, Magus would be unlikely to be ready for it, I still think it will be Ellen who will hit Magus. (Which, on the other hand, is something Dan likely already has in plan.)

Yeah, I know this comic was unplanned and that, but you never know if Dan might now be thinking about possibly, or maybe he already did. The main reason this page exists is because some people thought Pandora was setting up Tedd to use the wand on Elliot for Magus. I mean, if the chances of getting Ellen to do it are soo low, Tedd being able to do it would increase Magus's chances for freedom. Maybe not by much but hey, 1% is better than 0.5%, right? But really Dan wanted to make it clear that Pandora didn't have any hidden agenda for what she's doing with Tedd, that she genuinely wants to help him learn about his abilities and make sure he stays positive.

17 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's possible HE's been up late working on stuff ... but yes, I suspect SHE was working more often :)

True, I was mainly using "she" in this case because Tedd currently is a girl.

I actually had to double check after making the post to see if Tedd in fact was still female or had changed back between pages. I didn't see any reason why she would change back but who knows? :)

19 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... "it's okay, we've got fur"? Is she dreaming about being naked in public? With Sarah as furry catgirl?

I admit, I'm curious about what she's dreaming about there.

6 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Magus may be a brilliant mage, but he doesn't seem to be so hot at strategy and tactics. What's he trying to do here, take out Pandora, or get his body back? Is Magus evil enough to be okay with helping to kill Adrian Raven? He's seen Adrian fighting honorably to protect Ellen. 

Originaly, get his body back, but after the falling out between him and Pandora, he added the secondary goal of stopping her. That raises the question of how much he knows about Pandora and what she was trying to accomplish at the time she was helping him. He's likely not aware that Pandora's changed those plans which likely means there's a possibility that he'll interfere.

Magus: "Pandora! your chaotic spree ends here!"

Pandora: "Actually, I ended it a week ago and now I'm trying to fix everything and apologize for it"

Magus: "Lies! Immortals never change!"

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

True, I was mainly using "she" in this case because Tedd currently is a girl.

The Moderator: And you were eminently correct to do so. Dan himself did so as well.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

HKmaly, please do not make this sort of remark in the future. It could smack of a transphobic comment and I would rather avoid that. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I actually had to double check after making the post to see if Tedd in fact was still female or had changed back between pages. I didn't see any reason why she would change back but who knows? :)

We would know when someone changes back, unless under the influence of "change blindness". But for the time being, I say this scene will last for three more strips.

The only indication for today is at panel 5. If there were none, crawling back is always an option. Which I am working on right now, ;);)

There are only two beings we know of who can talk with Magus: Pandora and Sirleck. I think the only practical way for Magus to start recovering a body is for one of them to arrange it by getting Tedd and Elliot to co-operate. Maybe Sirleck could pull this off somehow, but it seems to me it would be a lot easier for Pandora to arrange it.

14 hours ago, Scotty said:

I am not sure this is the best idea unless the method she suggests also gets him back to his universe?  Pandora herself implied to Edward that Magus could present a danger to this universe's inhabitants and would be more powerful than they were at the time.  Magus has had reservations about killing, but has also rationalized his way to working with Sirleck, despite recognizing they will most likely hurt people in Moperville.  Oh sure, he accepts that this is on his head but there are certainly examples of super-villains who nobly decry the loss of innocent life that must come in order to further their noble goals.

If Magus was good, he is letting that slip away in his desperation, and Pandora must have seen the possible ramifications of setting him loose on Moperville.

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are we sure transformation magic can't be used for medical purposes?

Maybe if Tedd could make a wand that would transform the human sinus passages into something less prone to clogging, the whole Verres family could benefit.

Crazy Idea Alert!

Oh man, I would be on-board with this.  My snoring was a sign of sleep apnea, and I finally got sleep-tested and prescribed a CPAP after I started falling asleep at a red light (turns out snoring can be a sign you aren't breathing correctly and therefore aren't getting good sleep because your body keeps coming back awake to breathe better).  If I could get a permanent transformation that would alleviate the need for attaching myself to an annoying little device at night, I would do so in a heartbeat.

9 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

If I could get a permanent transformation that would alleviate the need for attaching myself to an annoying little device at night, I would do so in a heartbeat.

I'm betting that it would be easier to make watches that shrink the appropriate tissues (or wands in areas without the elevated magic levels), so you'd have to keep an annoying little magic thingamabob handy and use it every night before you fell asleep.  I'm betting that would still be a vast improvement over the CPAP, which is itself a vast improvement over sleep apnea!

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

HKmaly, please do not make this sort of remark in the future. It could smack of a transphobic comment and I would rather avoid that. Thank you.

Such a meaning didn't occur to me at all, and now that I think about it I can't think of one that would make sense in the context. I immediately interpreted it as "I suspect Tedd is female more often than male when up late working on stuff."

16 minutes ago, Douglas said:

Such a meaning didn't occur to me at all, and now that I think about it I can't think of one that would make sense in the context. I immediately interpreted it as "I suspect Tedd is female more often than male when up late working on stuff."

The Moderator: Just because it does not occur to you does not mean that it cannot occur at all. I prefer to play it safe when I myself am uncertain. Also: if you in the future wish to debate my decision, please do so in private messages. It is expressly disallowed to do so in public because it invariably derails thread and all too often provokes flame wars.

~tOH.

1 hour ago, Tuscahoma said:

Pandora herself implied to Edward that Magus could present a danger to this universe's inhabitants and would be more powerful than they were at the time.

I'm not convinced that Magus is the hawk anymore. Magus was the egg, but Sirleck presents a far greater danger than someone just trying to get a physical body back so he could attempt to go back home.

I think the whole thing started out as Pandora being bored and just wanting to play a game with Edward, I don't think she intended on things going this far but her desire to not know the outcome made the game potentially dangerous. This seemed to be confirmed when Jerry stated that Immortals that continued well pasted their reset points became insane as they got older and more bored and risked destroying themselves and taking out a lot of innocent people in the process. Now that we know Voltaire is involved, it's just one big complicated mess.

Just now, Scotty said:

I'm not convinced that Magus is the hawk anymore. Magus was the egg, but Sirleck presents a far greater danger than someone just trying to get a physical body back so he could attempt to go back home.

I think the whole thing started out as Pandora being bored and just wanting to play a game with Edward, I don't think she intended on things going this far but her desire to not know the outcome made the game potentially dangerous. This seemed to be confirmed when Jerry stated that Immortals that continued well pasted their reset points became insane as they got older and more bored and risked destroying themselves and taking out a lot of innocent people in the process. Now that we know Voltaire is involved, it's just one big complicated mess.

Hmm, good point.  it certainly seemed that Sirleck had ulterior motives for agreeing to Magus' plan, such as highjacking Magus' new body for his own perhaps?  Could he be an aberration and a powerful wizard with such a move?

Still, in going back over the archives to look for the above link, Magus came to the conclusion that he had to work with Sirleck because Pandora was a monster that had to be stopped and no one else knew about her except other monsters, i.e. other immortals who also could not be trusted.  So, he is willing to work with a monster to defeat monsters and is willing to let innocents be killed to kill a monster.

I agree, Sirleck is the greater danger, but I am not sure I would say Magus isn't the hawk anymore.