• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story, Monday July 31, 2017

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I'd vote for an octopus over the current PM of Denmark any day of the week. And over the two before that, for that matter.

Octodad for president, he's a family man.

17865124836_67e815579e_o.jpg

8 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:
On 8/4/2017 at 0:17 AM, hkmaly said:

Women seems usually better at multitasking than men. It's still not good idea for them to drive and phone at same time.

Even if they were dolphins?  ;)

Considering lack of opposable thumbs, I wouldn't recommend driving OR text-messaging to dolphins of any gender. They might be fine using hands-free and swimming at the same time, though.

8 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:
8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I'd vote for an octopus over the current PM of Denmark any day of the week. And over the two before that, for that matter.

Well okay then.  I would vote for octopi as well over the current administrations at both our federal and state level.  Wow, that is some realization.  I need more coffee (AM here).

We do tend to have candidates who MIGHT be better than octopus. Of course so far they always lost, so I would likely choose between them and the octopus based on who has better chance to win over current administrations according to election polls.

As I understand things, most species of octopus have two common characteristics:

1) the male dies shortly after mating

2) the female guards the eggs until they hatch, starving herself in the meantime; by hatching time she's so weak that critters she normally eats - let alone anything nastier - can easily eat her.

Considering they literally give up their lives for the next generation, I can't see them running up massive debts - that their children and grandchildren will have to pay - for current luxuries.

13 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

As I understand things, most species of octopus have two common characteristics:

2) the female guards the eggs until they hatch, starving herself in the meantime; by hatching time she's so weak that critters she normally eats - let alone anything nastier - can easily eat her.

Considering they literally give up their lives for the next generation, I can't see them running up massive debts - that their children and grandchildren will have to pay - for current luxuries.

This means that we absolutely cannot vote any snail into office.

Not only does every snail insist on having its own mobile home, its wife must have one, too. And every single child gets one of its own. That is quite simply flagrant waste and overspending.

27 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

This puts a good lower limit on future planning, but inadvertantly puts a strict ceiling on accumulation of wisdom with age -- no one who has raised children is around to advise future generations.

57 minutes ago, Haylo said:

This puts a good lower limit on future planning, but inadvertantly puts a strict ceiling on accumulation of wisdom with age -- no one who has raised children is around to advise future generations.

Well, considering the general level of competence of government, I think that keeping the people who run it from advising future generations might be a really good idea.