• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

Next Tuesday is Shrink Day.  I have a fairly good idea that my meds are going to change.  

Hopefully for the better...

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Hopefully for the better...

Regardless it will take at least 2 to 4 weeks to kick in, assuming there is a change.

One of the things I will be talking to him about is my involuntary butt muscle twitches.  It's like twerking with out meaning to.  In general when ever I say I'm getting muscle spasms my meds get changed.

Tuesday seems to be popular. Just got a call from my cardiologist to set up an appointment for said day. They said my insurance will only pay if I do a single-day Holter monitor first, with the longer monitor following if the doctor deems it necessary.

20 hours ago, PSadlon said:

How old were you when you had your schnoz done Prof? 

I believe I was 28 when I had the first operation. It was just before one of the elections in 1992, if memory serves. I do remember going to the polling place with gauze still taped below my nose. Got lots of funny looks from fellow voters and from the poll workers.

It's shrink day, I don't mean I get to hang out as a cat-person with Rhoda and Catalina.  Which to be fair, sounds like it would be a lot more fun.  Waiting on the cab now.  Not sure what's going to happen with drugs, but I suspect something will.

18 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

*sigh* Well, we have your backs as best we can. Vent to us if it gets really bad. And as always, take care of yourself.

It can't be as bad as jumping straight into full dose Cymbalta.  My left had still hurts.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

Changing drugs, but not for a couple of days.  Coming off Cymalta, so fun there.

Ohmydearlord. That's why I started this thread so long ago. It's not a pleasant experience. Prepare yourself to experience "brain zaps" for the next couple of months. Good luck - you'll need it!

28 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Ohmydearlord. That's why I started this thread so long ago. It's not a pleasant experience. Prepare yourself to experience "brain zaps" for the next couple of months. Good luck - you'll need it!

I've come off Cymbalta before and didn't get zapped.  I hope to be that lucky this time as well.

Many developments today. First, the cardiologist's staff turned out to be a bunch of lying liars. They don't do the longer cardiac event monitor—just the one-day Holter monitor (which did not pick up the source of the problem, as my primary doctor predicted). What a waste of a $40 co-pay. I'm going to have to go to another cardiologist (maybe an electrophysiologist) for the long-term monitor.

I wish that was the only problem my doctor had to deal with today. It wasn't.

I now have a bad case of sciatica, on my right side.

I have no idea how it developed. It started Monday morning. I thought I'd just slept weird. Wrong. My tramadol didn't even work to help the pain. It escalated as the week continued, to the point where it hurt when I worked the gas and brake pedals of my truck on my way to the doctor's office. I was in a fair amount of distress when I finally made it to the exam room.

Anyway, he gave me a shot of Kenalog, wrote up a prescription for hydrocodone, and told me to lie down and ice the spot on my back where my sciatic nerve connects to my spine. I've taken the hydrocodone ((10mg + 325mg acetaminophen) x 2) and am about to go get an ice pack out of the freezer. Wish me luck, especially when UPS gets here later with the RMA delivery of the uninterruptible power supply that died on me last month (that thing's going to be heavy as all f*ck).

If feasible, I suggest putting the power supply down as near the door as possible consistent with it not being an obstacle, and waiting until your back is better before moving it to its intended location.

Perhaps even have UPS bring the UPS in, if they are willing. (Or if they have it on a handtruck, ask if you can borrow that for a moment.)

Or look at alternatives to lifting it. Assuming you don't have a handtruck available (definitely the preferred approach if you do)... Cut two opposing sides (the long ones if it's significantly non-square) out of the box, cut across the bottom of one remaining side, and you get two sides and the top as a sort-of-long handle to drag the thing. Remove those parts of the box when it's more or less in place. Rather than taking the UPS out of the packing material, remove the packing material from it - cutting as necessary.

Oh, and those cheap flexible cutting boards are pretty good for sliding heavy objects across carpet. Plus they are vastly more useful than "furniture mover" pads, when not moving heavy objects. (They are decent cutting boards, for example.)

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Perhaps even have UPS bring the UPS in, if they are willing.

UPS drove off before I could ask for help with my UPSed UPS. ;)  Thanks, though!

In any case, I managed to at least get the box onto the door threshold and slide it into the house. It now sits next to the front door, until my wife returns from her cruise.

Good grief. I am having nasty side effects from the hydrocodone this time around. Staying awake is difficult, and sleeping is uncomfortable. The stuff is also making it difficult to urinate, and not just because I keep nodding off while on the throne. Nausea, dry mouth, headache - this is a real byatch. At least it's helping the sciatica somewhat.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The stuff is also making it difficult to urinate, and not just because I keep nodding off while on the throne. Nausea, dry mouth, headache - this is a real byatch.

You can look forward to constipation as well.

52 minutes ago, mlooney said:

You can look forward to constipation as well.

I am well acquainted with three of the major bowel problems—constipation, diarrhea, and black/tarry stools from internal bleeding—unfortunately too well. I've had IBS-D since around 1976/1977, with brief breaks of IBS-C and opioid-induced constipation. The third hit after my gastric bypass disaster.

BTW, I was going to put this into a Spoiler due to TMI, but I can't find the right button. What's the trick to do it?

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I am well acquainted with three of the major bowel problems—constipation, diarrhea, and black/tarry stools from internal bleeding—unfortunately too well. I've had IBS-D since around 1976/1977, with brief breaks of IBS-C and opioid-induced constipation. The third hit after my gastric bypass disaster.

BTW, I was going to put this into a Spoiler due to TMI, but I can't find the right button. What's the trick to do it?

Square brace spoiler close square brace   fjasjfld  square brace /spoiler close square brace