• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

Muscle twitches have more or less stopped1, but my legs feel like I've run a couple of miles.  I suspect that 12 to 18 hours of small but strong muscle movements might have something to do with that.

1And by "stopped" I mean down to about one every 10 minutes or so.

Still sick here. I think I'm probably going to have to go to my primary doctor again on Monday. Not blowing green out of my sinuses anymore, but my chest feels tight. I'm going to give the Augmentin the weekend to solve the problem, and then decide on a return appointment Monday morning.

In other news, my psych doctor's office called to confirm my Monday appointment. I told them I'm still sick and tried to reschedule for later in the week. They said call back when I'm well and reschedule then. Translation: we're getting fed up with having to reschedule you because you're sick all the time. Geez, I'm sorry, but I can't help it. Twerps.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Are you post-op now? Did I miss your scheduling?

Yup since Tuesday afternoon. I'm kind sick of everything tasting metallic.

2 hours ago, PSadlon said:

I really know how you feel.  That's a know side effect of lithium which I was taking for about 6 months.  Actually it's an other effect, because you will get it.  My shrink had a longish list of things that would happen, not possible side effects, but would happen effects.

I'm laying on my back, with a laptop on my stomach, under several layers of sheets and blankets.   I just a muscle twitch in my butt hard enough that I felt like I caught air during it.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm laying on my back, with a laptop on my stomach, under several layers of sheets and blankets.   I just a muscle twitch in my butt hard enough that I felt like I caught air during it.

There are many ways you could interpret a butt catching air. Most of them are none too fragrant. ^_^

19 hours ago, PSadlon said:

I don't remember that being a symptom of any of my surgeries. They must have carried out yours in a different manner. Can't say I'd want a metallic taste in the first place, but I think I'd prefer it over what actually did happen to me.

Good luck with your recovery! May it be a speedy and non-metallic one.

8 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I don't remember that being a symptom of any of my surgeries. They must have carried out yours in a different manner. Can't say I'd want a metallic taste in the first place, but I think I'd prefer it over what actually did happen to me.

Good luck with your recovery! May it be a speedy and non-metallic one.

Side effect of minor amount of blood in the nose dripping into the throat.

On 2/25/2017 at 11:04 PM, mlooney said:

I really know how you feel.  That's a know side effect of lithium which I was taking for about 6 months.  Actually it's an other effect, because you will get it.  My shrink had a longish list of things that would happen, not possible side effects, but would happen effects.

I reached a point in my life were I've learned to be more surprised by which side effects I don't have, normally expected or not.

1 hour ago, PSadlon said:

I reached a point in my life were I've learned to be more surprised by which side effects I don't have, normally expected or not.

I hear ya dude.

On 2/26/2017 at 1:31 AM, The Old Hack said:
On 2/26/2017 at 0:17 AM, mlooney said:

And... They're back.  [redacted] [redacted] [redacted]

Goddammit.

I have found, however that if I, well I'm not sure what to call it, think I guess, about it hard enough I can stop them.  For at least that set of twitches.  I don't get any warning about the next set, but after about 10 seconds I can stop them.  Only on my butt however, the leg ones just go on their merry little way.  Thankfully the leg twitches don't last as long or are as common as the butt twitches.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I have found, however that if I, well I'm not sure what to call it, think I guess, about it hard enough I can stop them.  For at least that set of twitches.

Sounds like the way I learned to control Hiccups through deliberate deep breathing.  All those years in the school choir were not wasted.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Good luck!

Thanks. I'm tired of this crap, and my doctor's tired of prescribing hydrocodone while the Topamax kicks in (and I'm tired of going and getting it every five days).

I've got to call my primary doctor today and give him an update on how I'm doing. I'm still coughing, but the tree pollen is so outrageously high that I don't know if I'm coughing from the infection or from the pollen. All I can do is give him the facts and let him do the deducing.

Reported to doctor. He's happy with my progress and wants to speed it up with a steroid shot. (Actually, he wanted to speed it up with steroid pills, but for the upteenth time, I had to remind his office that the pills give me atrial fibrillations, so it's a shot for me instead.) I go there to get it in a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Reported to doctor. He's happy with my progress and wants to speed it up with a steroid shot. (Actually, he wanted to speed it up with steroid pills, but for the upteenth time, I had to remind his office that the pills give me atrial fibrillations, so it's a shot for me instead.) I go there to get it in a couple of hours.

Good that he is happy with your progress. Keep the poor man happy, get better soon!

I don't know if this is a good sign or not, but my muscle twitches are much less common, but quite a bit stronger.  Plus the leg and arm twitches seem to have stop altogether.  Right now I'm going to call it a win,  but will be calling the clinic about it come Monday.

Have had to add Biotène mouth spray to my regimen. Something is giving me dry mouth like crazy to the point of interfering with eating. I tried to eat some spicy Popeye's fried chicken with red beans & rice a couple of nights ago. Couldn't handle the spices. Got the Biotène yesterday and noticed an immediate difference.

One negative development: for two nights in a row, I've had to take a Zofran anti-nausea pill immediately after taking my nighttime medications. Either I'm taking my nighttime pills too quickly, taking them too soon after dinner (or should be taking them before dinner), or I simply have too damn many pills to take at night. I'm going to try taking them before eating tomorrow.

Make sure to double-check whether any of them are supposed to be taken in an empty stomach or with a meal.  That can affect what side effects happen.  When you have a spare week you could put them all into one of those online interaction-detecting sites, too, make sure it isn't due to two of 'em duking it out in your stomach, or something not having its full effect due to another one blocking its enzyme or receptor.  I know, you've probably done this in the past; it's kinda like making sure the modem is plugged in before calling tech support.