• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

My right ear is more stuffed up than normal. I think the stuff I am using, just softens the wax and the warm water blast afterwards pushes it against the drum.  David is bringing me the Peroxide and alcohol to make a stronger mixture. I hope that works.

10 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Nope—not fully scabbed on the right ear. I left blood spots about 3mm across on my pillow. Wasn't supposed to leave any. Back to sleeping on my left side. :(

Just give it time. It will heal. Get better soon, old friend.

The hospital called today about the psychiatric tests I had last week. They said doctor sent a letter to my pain doctor and recommended that I get psychological counseling. I asked if this jeopardized the implant. They said no. I think. They woke me up, so I had to ask a couple of times.

I've got a "case manager" through Blue Cross. Once I'm able to drive again, it might be time to talk to her about finding a nearby psychologist.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The hospital called today about the psychiatric tests I had last week. They said doctor sent a letter to my pain doctor and recommended that I get psychological counseling. I asked if this jeopardized the implant. They said no. I think. They woke me up, so I had to ask a couple of times.

I've got a "case manager" through Blue Cross. Once I'm able to drive again, it might be time to talk to her about finding a nearby psychologist.

Right. Keep us posted. And remember that you can also speak to us here. If need be, you can contact me in private messages if you prefer that to posting openly and you want to vent.

9 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Once I'm able to drive again, it might be time to talk to her about finding a nearby psychologist.

This reminds me a little too much of the "Once I've lost ten pounds, then I'll...." that keeps so many women from actually living their lives.  You don't know when, or, sadly, if, that's going to happen, and you shouldn't put off doing something important for too long waiting for it.

37 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

This reminds me a little too much of the "Once I've lost ten pounds, then I'll...." that keeps so many women from actually living their lives.  You don't know when, or, sadly, if, that's going to happen, and you shouldn't put off doing something important for too long waiting for it.

Maybe find someone you can Skype or Facetime with?

I thought my appointment with my new shrink was at 11:00 and arranged transportation based on that.  Turns out it is at 1:00.  Trying to fix now.

Sorry I was away. I've been in the hospital.

I developed some pain in my upper chest Tuesday night, along with some numbness down my left arm. Mrs. Prof and I hemmed and hawed about it before finally calling 911. The paramedics got here within minutes and decided I needed to go to a hospital. They treated it like a possible heart attack, giving me a pill of nitro on the way. It took about 20 minutes, but the nitro did eventually help.

The ER doctor admitted me for observation and testing, putting me on NPO (nothing by mouth, in other words, no pain medicine). They had no beds, so they kept me in the ER on a gurney overnight. I was in agony all night long and didn't sleep.

They finally got the pain meds right that morning and started testing. They did a nuclear chemical stress test, plus a sonogram of my heart. Everything turned out okay. I did finally sleep once Mrs. Prof got back up to help me through the day. They left me unhooked to everything and let me sleep overnight, although this time finally on a real bed (but still in the same ER room - they were ridiculously overloaded).

This morning, they hooked me back up to all the monitors. The main doctor came in and said they'd found nothing and asked if I wanted to go home. My presence here answers that question.

So, basically, I had chest pains, was taken to the hospital and admitted for observation and testing where they found nothing, and told to follow up with my own doctor.

Not an experience I would recommend.

Shrink day report:

Slight change in medication, mainly amount, plus took me off of Ativan and put me on hydroxyzine in it's place.   Got free samples of the hydroxyzine, so I'm not waiting on payday.  I had to take a wiz-quiz to get a script for Adderall.  First one of those I've had to do in many years.

I see her again in 2 weeks, hopefully my insurance will be straight by then.

I got the results of the biopsy of the sore on my right ear. It's not a basal cell carcinoma. No cancer!

Turns out it's a "Picker's Nodule," or prurigo nodularis, which I'd never heard of. They're hard as hell to cure, supposedly. All I know is that it still hurts to lie on.

26 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I got the results of the biopsy of the sore on my right ear. It's not a basal cell carcinoma. No cancer!

Turns out it's a "Picker's Nodule," or prurigo nodularis, which I'd never heard of. They're hard as hell to cure, supposedly. All I know is that it still hurts to lie on.

Like I said on the book of faces, Great News!

Mrs. Prof found a couple of bruises on me the day after I got out of the hospital. The first one is a stray bruise on the back of my right leg:

large.20170929_leg.jpg

The second is of the back of my left arm. It had the blood pressure cuff. I swear the pressure on that thing was set to torture, every 15 minutes. No joking.

large.20170929_arm.jpg

Seriously, the thing was set to go off every 15 minutes. It hurt like hell.

40 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Seriously, the thing was set to go off every 15 minutes. It hurt like hell.

They are normally set to every 15 minutes, but the don't normally leave bruises like that.  Ouch.

My right leg is getting worse. Here's a side-by-side comparison, with Friday on the left and Sunday on the right:

large.20170929_leg.jpglarge.20171001_leg_mjp.jpg

The funny thing is that I don't feel it at all. Mrs. Prof had to point it out to me.

This was "one of those days." A day where Mrs. Prof has boundless energy and is working on project after project, while I don't have the energy to lift my head from the pillow. Things came to a breaking point after dinner. We had a bit of an argument over who does what vs. who can do what. It ended amicably, but it's a frustrating part of living with chronic pain (and with a chronic pain patient).

Post-hospital follow-up appointment set with my primary care doctor for Wednesday afternoon. I'm currently trying to track down medical records and get them transferred/copied from the hospital to my doctor.

It's a good thing I've got a follow-up appointment with my PCP tomorrow, because my leg is going downhill. Here's a new picture, compared to the first picture taken:

large.20170929_leg.jpglarge.20171003_leg_mjp.jpg

The one on the left is from Sept. 29th, while the one on the right is from Oct. 3rd. Significant difference. I'm glad I've got a Greenfield filter.

Just got back from seeing my primary care doctor. Brought home some interesting results:

• The bruising in my leg (shown above) is from a hematoma. I need to put a heating pad on it so it can break up.
  • His diagnosis of my "heart problem" is actually problem with my ulnar nerve. He says I was 100% right to do what I did in calling 911, though. He gave me a steroid shot to alleviate the problem for now.
  • I told him about the diagnosis of my ear biopsy. He recommended a couple of different treatments, including Liquid Band-Aid so I wouldn't touch it and a cool compress at night.
  • Before he came in, his nurse gave me a flu shot. I almost passed out afterward for some weird reason. He said it was a vasovagal attack and leaned me back on the exam table until my color came back.

So, lots of drama at my PCP's office today. Hell, even he had his arm in a sling—fell down some stairs. At least I don''t need to go and see my cardiologist.

Starting to panic here.

I'm going to run out of my hydrocodone prescription on Saturday. I've just learned several things:

• The pharmacy hasn't received authorization from my doctor to fill the prescription yet.
  • They faxed over a request to the pain management clinic on Monday 10/2, although I called on Friday morning 9/29.
  • The doctor is currently on vacation.

Definitely starting to panic.