• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

With any luck at all I will be able to watch TV without various commercials reducing me to tears.  And like I told her, not just the sad dog ones, but things like Olympics backstory shorts were making me weep.  Some fast food ads even. 

Ah, brains can do funny things like that.  Don't actually watch the video for "Pappa Don't Preach" while under the influence of hormones, mood disorders, or sentimentality unless you want to tear up at the end.  ;-)

Had my toe wound treated today. I've got to wear a special silver pad on it and change it daily for the next week, when I go back to the doctor. Not as serious as my primary care doctor thought, although there is a 1-2 mm hole in the bottom of my toe. No gore.

They did X-ray the toe, though. There's been some pain in the joints on the upper surface.

42 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Had my toe wound treated today. I've got to wear a special silver pad on it and change it daily for the next week, when I go back to the doctor. Not as serious as my primary care doctor thought,

I don't know about that. I hear lycanthropy can get pretty concerning. :icon_eek:

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Mine's probably more like lycheethropy.

Nevertheless. If you start developing an urge to bite people, don't wait. Head straight for the nearest PetSmart outlet and buy a doggie chew toy you can safely take any unwanted masticative desires out on.

(It could have its upsides, though. If you do turn into a werewolf, CritterKeeper will finally be legally allowed to assist you. Part of the time, anyway.)

Big problem with the toe ...

Mrs. Prof went to change my dressing on it this morning and pulled off a string of pus along with the bandage. She took a picture for the doctor, which I'm NOT sharing. It looked like a popped abscess and was draining. The silver pads haven't done any good, and I'm out of antibiotics. I've called the wound care clinic and left a message for their nurses, who haven't called back yet. I may be going to the hospital today.

On 2/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

At least the X-rays came back negative.

Well, if they do a brain scan and it comes back negative, you can always run for Congress...

52 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Take a lesson from Egypt.

Keep your skeletons under wraps.

While entirely sensible and important for the environment, this is all too often only a bandage solution. As several recent movies have shown, idiots keep exhuming and unwrapping the skeletons in question.

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

While entirely sensible and important for the environment, this is all too often only a bandage solution. As several recent movies have shown, idiots keep exhuming and unwrapping the skeletons in question.

You'd think they'd get the message when the tombs are protected by many curses and booby traps, but clearly human stupidity cannot be underestimated.

4 minutes ago, partner555 said:

You'd think they'd get the message when the tombs are protected by many curses and booby traps, but clearly human stupidity cannot be underestimated.

To be fair, some of these tombs saw construction during times of financial hardship. At least one dynasty found itself so impoverished that the only kind of curse they could afford to put on their grave chambers went along the lines and power of 'bugger off.'

8 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Going back to wound care in about 20 minutes. I think the wound is healed—the problem is just a severely ingrown toenail, which means a trip to a separate doctor.

Still painful and annoying, but glad it isn't serious. The last thing we needed was for it to be toe rabies or something.

The toenail problem is gone. As in really gone. The podiatrist surgically removed my toenail yesterday.

It was out of control. I mean, the thing looked like an alien had invaded my foot after he removed it. He went one step further and cauterized the nail bed with carboxylic acid so that it will never grow back. He also gave me a gizmo called a "crest" something to wear under my hammertoe to keep it from causing problems.

So, $8 for the gizmo, $150 for the surgery. At least it didn't hurt at all—not even the pain killer injection. He used a numbing spray as he was injecting, which when combined with my oxycodone probably did the trick. The weird part is that I didn't even bleed during any part of the surgery.

Now I have to soak my foot in a water/vinegar mix for 2 weeks, put Silvadene antibiotic cream on it. and go back in 2 weeks for a follow-up.

Could be worse.

57 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The toenail problem is gone. As in really gone. The podiatrist surgically removed my toenail yesterday.

<snip>

He went one step further and cauterized the nail bed with carboxylic acid so that it will never grow back

<snip>

Could be worse.

Yes, you could have both big toes done that way.  By an army medic that didn't use numbing spray.  With frost bite damage.  Great fun, for weird values of fun.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yes, you could have both big toes done that way.  By an army medic that didn't use numbing spray.  With frost bite damage.  Great fun, for weird values of fun.

Personal experience? I hope not.

I got my first good post-op look at the toe. Gah. It looks like ground beef smothered in Betadine. Brenda did post-op care. I've still got to keep an ortho shoe on, lest I suffer bumps and accompanying pain.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course it is.

Good lord! I've had a big toenail removed without the numbing spray, but of course without the frostbite and without the matching toenail removed. Not something I'd want to live through.