• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

On 8/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, The Old Hack said:

Sheesh, these drugs have all sorts of weird side effects. I heard that someone blamed Ambien for them making racist remarks. :icon_eek:

People will blame anything and anyone but themselves, it seems.

On an unrelated note, Hack, do you by chance exist on absolutewrite under the same name?

3 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

People will blame anything and anyone but themselves, it seems.

On an unrelated note, Hack, do you by chance exist on absolutewrite under the same name?

Nah, but it's not strange. There's a lot of old hacks out there.

On 8/9/2018 at 9:55 PM, The Old Hack said:

Nah, but it's not strange. There's a lot of old hacks out there.

A fair point.  Thought I'd ask on the off-chance it was indeed you.

On 8/10/2018 at 1:08 AM, CritterKeeper said:

He may be *an* old hack, but we have The Old Hack!  The original, you might say!   </FirstDoctor>

What's that, my boy?

</reference>

I'm writing from room 211 in Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Rockwall, Texas. My swollen feet and lack of equilibrium have landed me in here. I'm on two different IV antibiotics (Zosyn and Vancomycin) that have to be infused 3-4 times a day. This is all thanks to what they're now calling "cellulitis," a bacterial skin infection.

How they let it get this far without catching it I'll never know.

They're looking to move me to a skilled nursing center as soon as they can get approval from my insurance company. Until then, it's hospital food, needle pokes, and mass interruptions every two hours.

These past two months have been very hard. I could use a flower or two. :icon_cry:

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I'm writing from room 211 in Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Rockwall, Texas. My swollen feet and lack of equilibrium have landed me in here. I'm on two different IV antibiotics (Zosyn and Vancomycin) that have to be infused 3-4 times a day. This is all thanks to what they're now calling "cellulitis," a bacterial skin infection.

How they let it get this far without catching it I'll never know.

They're looking to move me to a skilled nursing center as soon as they can get approval from my insurance company. Until then, it's hospital food, needle pokes, and mass interruptions every two hours.

These past two months have been very hard. I could use a flower or two. :icon_cry:

I am very sorry to hear of all your troubles. I hope there will be some improvement in your situation soon. You're in our thoughts, old friend.

7 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

They're looking to move me to a skilled nursing center as soon as they can get approval from my insurance company.

By everything that is good, may your insurance approve a better facility than that which took in my mother after her hip broke.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:21 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

You are in our prayers, Prof.

I've been moved from the hospital and into a "skilled nursing center," the functional equivalent of half-way between a hospital and a rest home. My new address for the upcoming week is:

Dennis Jackson
Christian Care Center
1000 Wiggins Parkway
Room #2126A
Mesquite, TX 75150

My first encounter with their food today wasn't half bad, so I'm not it such desperate need of pizzas or fruit baskets. I would appreciate something, though, even if it's the cheapest thing in the catalogue, since this place isn't exactly the Ritz-Carlton (not by a LONG shot). Thanks to everyone (e.g., Don) who sent virtual gifts earlier.

On 8/24/2018 at 1:06 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

My first encounter with their food today wasn't half bad, so I'm not it such desperate need of pizzas or fruit baskets. I would appreciate something, though, even if it's the cheapest thing in the catalogue, since this place isn't exactly the Ritz-Carlton (not by a LONG shot). Thanks to everyone (e.g., Don) who sent virtual gifts earlier.

Any suggestions?  I know a lot of people don't want a bunch of flowers that will be dead in a few days.  Do you need books or audiobooks to entertain you?  A comfy pillow or robe?  A singing telegram?  Or are flowers best?  There's always your wish list, but I think that was food and a stepstool.

I've now been awake for roughly 29 hours, with no pharmacological reason, which is sign I'm entering either a manic or hypomanic phase. Neither one is good. I'm going to try to got to bed now.

BTW, to step out of sequence, I have OFFICIALLY had my last IV here at this "skilled" nursing facility. I'm going home after 10am CDT today.  w00p! :D

wOOp indeed.

On 8/30/2018 at 10:46 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

I'm going to try to cover everything that's gone on this month in my blog. For anyone who is interested, here is part one:

https://dleejackson.lbjackson.com/2018/08/this-august-does-not-like-me-part-one/

I'm glad you're able to keep a sense of humor about all of this.  "The punch line: my trip to the ER was interrupted by a trip to the ER."  Reminds me of my sister, when a vasculitis from her Lupus lead to the tip of her little toe turning black and falling off, "...and this little piggie got beheaded!"

Blech. This is all too common when hospitals get caught up in stupid procedures. My dad, who is an M. D., has spent many years working on improving and standardising all sorts of procedures to reduce the likelihood of this sort of mess happening.

Shrink day.  Ablify up to 30 mg and see her again in a month, with the understanding I am to call if something goes weird with that amount.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The infectious diseases doctor removed my PICC line today. For the first time in seven weeks, my left arm is free!

Yay!  Assuming that they didn't do some thing else weird.