• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

It's shrink day.  She's not happy with my sleep hours so one drug, imipramine goes down to 50mg, Ablilify stays at 40 and I can take Adderall again.

8 hours ago, ijuin said:

Eww, I took imipramine in middle school, and it made me drowsy pretty much 24/7.

Well, I would say I barely notice it, but I have been sleeping like 10-12 hours a day, so there is that.

I just got some bad news from my podiatrist's office.

I had a bone scan run on the infected middle toe of my left foot on Wednesday. Just got the results a few minutes ago - it's osteomyelitis, a bone infection. The same thing that cost me the second toe of that same foot back in December of 2018.

We're not screwing with the IV antibiotics this go-round. They did no good last time, and they'll do no good this time. We're going straight to partial amputation. It's scheduled for some time in the morning of Friday, April 26th.

The news keeps getting worse.

I had a face-to-face appointment with my foot doctor yesterday. Not only do I have osteomyelitis in the middle toe of my left foot, I've got signs of it in the metatarsal (the long bone) that leads to the middle toe. So, when he does the partial amputation of my toe, he's going to do a bone biopsy of my metatarsal.

I'm kinda scared of the possibility of losing part of my foot proper due to a bone infection. How will it affect how I walk?

I know I've been a bit AWOL, BUT it's been a little while and I'm wondering how things went with this?  Were they able to culture whatever bug is in there and get you on the right antibiotic to save the bone?  Can they take out just the affected bone and leave the rest of them?  How are you doing after surgery?  Anything we can do to help you get through the recovery?

Well, here's what happened. I had surgery last Friday. He removed two bones of the middle toe of my left foot and did a bone biopsy of the middle metatarsal. Fortunately, the bone biopsy came back negative, so no more surgery (yay!). I'm dealing with a case of hives, though, which popped up on my left shin about a week before my surgery. It was hell when I had to wear a surgical boot on my left foot, but that came off after my follow-up yesterday. I'm on prescription cortisone cream and Valium (to stop the urge to scratch) for the hives, and my foot is just wrapped until my next follow-up, next week.

Glad the news was relatively good.  We'll all be waiting for you to get fitted out with bionic feet that let you run really fast in slow motion. ;-)

Please tell me I'm not the only one old enough to get that reference.  I've bern hanging out with the younger techs and kennel staff too much lately, they don't get the simplest refs.

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to create the world's first bionic man. Professor Tomoe will be that man. Better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.

24 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I wonder what I could do with two bionic toes. Pick up pencils?

Yeah, maybe.

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I wonder what I could do with two bionic toes.

You could have long range strategic weapons.  They would be immune to international oversight, although they might only be available in December.

No Arms control treaty currently covers Missile Toe.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

You could have long range strategic weapons.  They would be immune to international oversight, although they might only be available in December.

/me takes note.  Also notes how big the list is now...

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

However, once fired, the result would be painful, but quite stylish.

It would definitely be a case of haute foot.

15 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I wonder what I could do with two bionic toes. Pick up pencils?

Meh, I can do that with my natural toes, so that's probably not so high a hurdle to pass with bionic ones.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Meh, I can do that with my natural toes, so that's probably not so high a hurdle to pass with bionic ones.

I'm just waiting for my foot to stop hurting. Take a look at my foot post-op here:

https://dleejackson.lbjackson.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/MiddleToe01a.jpg

See the single stitch on my foot proper? That's where the doctor cut into my foot and took a bone biopsy. It still hurts there, sometimes more than in my toe.

23 hours ago, ijuin said:

Eww that's some pretty yellow stuff on that toenail.

That is what's called a "Ram's Horn." It's caused by trauma to the nail and the nail bed, according to my doctor.

You see, way back when my son was a 3-or-4 year old, he managed to swing his sneaker-shod foot backward so that the sole caught my bare big toe. He tore off the entire toenail in one fell swoop. My toe has never recovered, and I still remember the pain to this day.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Methinks you should invest in a good pair of steel-toed boots, with all of the foot injuries you seem to acquire . . .

I need to invest in a good set of steel toes.

It's shrink day.  And I'm back on Lamictal.  Now I need to start worrying about rashes, but I hope this will pull me out of my current down cycle.

I see her again in 3 weeks.

Shrink day over. Would have avoided rain going there, but still not sure about returning. Keeping on my current set of meds, but increasing Lamital in a week. See her again in 3 weeks.

I'm having eye pain as I type this. My eyes were dilated today for a yearly diabetic retinopathy exam, despite the fact that my A1C levels for the past 3+ years have been below a 6 (which essentially makes me not diabetic, according to my cardiologist). Anyway, for some reason, my eyes have been more light-sensitive than usual post-exam. This white background is making them hurt, some 7 hours after the exam. That's never happened before. I even took a nap, thinking that would help. It didn't. My oxycodone's not even helping.

I had work of a sort that I needed to do tonight. I'm not going to get any of it done.