• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

Okay, let's try this again. Take two.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am once more home from the hospital.

I returned Monday afternoon after a nurse gave me one last pain injection (a half of an injection, really - .5 milligrams of Dilaudid) and later removed my PICC line. So far, no deleterious health effects from its removal that I can tell.

Once home, I spent most of the day resting. I tried to keep from having my feet down for too long, since they were up for about 90% of the time while hospitalized. I'll be slowly transitioning them back down to earth over the week.

I'll keep this update short. Thanks immensely for all of your well wishes and support while I was hospitalized. Let's hope that I don't have to undergo a third take on this mess.

19 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Let's hope that I don't have to undergo a third take on this mess.

Yes, I really hope you are done with visiting hospitals for a while.

I've been remiss in eating my metamucil wafers each morning. Net result, I just had a really painful constipated shit. It was large enough that it blocked the toilet flush.

I had a really close call, cardiac-wise, yesterday. My Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) began acting up on the way to the psychiatrist's office. They laid low during the appointment and during a side trip on the way home, but on the home stretch they really kicked into overdrive, making me worn out and sore in my upper left quadrant. I do not know if the DVT in my left arm was involved (it was certainly discussed with the psychiatrist). By the time I finally got home, it was all I could do to eat half of what I'd bought for dinner and put up the rest. I crashed hard on the sofa, but not before a moment or two of consideration of calling 911. Fortunately, there was no need for such a call, as I woke up several hours later feeling better, if still a bit worn out.

During my time eating and crashing on the sofa, I was alone - my wife had left to attend to cat business. That's why you won't see this update on Facebook. She'd lose her shit if she knew what happened while she was gone.

Latest PVC news: still having them with the frequency (but not with the intensity) that I had them yesterday. I'm not sore and worn out, but I am a tad bit distracted at times. It hasn't kept me from playing "Race for the Galaxy" all day long, though. Damn my son for addicting me to this game. I'm going to get to where I can regularly beat his sorry two-bit arse at it eventually. ;)

Post-hospital update 2021/08/19:

Saw my primary care physician yesterday for a post-hospital exam. He basically gave me and my medical charts the once-over and looked quite stunned, wondering how anyone could wind up in such a situation.

I spoke to him about the anemia and iron deficiency I had during my hospital stay. He ordered blood tests for those. I also talked to him about the problems I've been having with my heart recently - nasty bouts of Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs) have been hitting me since I got the DVT in my left arm. He's going to put me back on a low dose of chlorazepate (Tranxene) for a while to see if that calms them down.

My blood test results are in. Iron levels and hemoglobin are frustratingly normal, refusing to explain anything. The only thing even slightly off was my monocyte count, but not by enough to get the doctor's attention. So, I have no idea why I'm tired all the time, even when I don't have PVCs. Urgh.

I'm having trouble getting the Tranxene filled. The stuff has been out of stock all yesterday. CVS told me it would be in stock around 1pm yesterday, but as usual, they lied. Stupid shits. They can't even keep enough people on staff during their 5pm weekday shift - that place is a madhouse!

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

My blood test results are in. Iron levels and hemoglobin are frustratingly normal, refusing to explain anything. The only thing even slightly off was my monocyte count, but not by enough to get the doctor's attention. So, I have no idea why I'm tired all the time, even when I don't have PVCs. Urgh.

I'm having trouble getting the Tranxene filled. The stuff has been out of stock all yesterday. CVS told me it would be in stock around 1pm yesterday, but as usual, they lied. Stupid shits. They can't even keep enough people on staff during their 5pm weekday shift - that place is a madhouse!

That, in a word, suck.  Hope you get the drug issue resolved and they find out why you are tired all the time.

Damned ears. I'm coming down with another ear infection, this time in my right ear. My son says I'm "all too susceptible" to them, and I agree. Might have something to do with the overabundance of wax my ears produce. It's not wet wax either - it's dry, flaky stuff that itches like mad. Drives me bonkers. Anyway, I have an appointment with a physician's assistant today (couldn't get in to see my primary care doctor until Monday, so no way I'm waiting that long). This thing hurts bad enough that I'm guessing I may need ear drops.

I woke up this morning with a migraine. I said to hell with it and took my OTC migraine meds that work, even if they have a NSAID (aspirin) and caffeine in them as I was in too much pain to try and treat it with just acetaminophen.

I'm at the stage in a migraine where I know I still have it, but the drugs are working just enough to keep it from being soul crushing. Really hoping it goes away in the next few hours.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm at the stage in a migraine where I know I still have it, but the drugs are working just enough to keep it from being soul crushing. Really hoping it goes away in the next few hours.

It  did, in fact, go away.  I'm now in postdrome. 

Yeah it does sound like it should have something to do with aviation

A migraine hangover, also called postdrome, is the last stage of a migraine. It can linger a few hours to more than a day after the headache goes away. Postdromes don't always come, but experts believe that they happen up to 80% of the time. There's also no way to know how intense your postdrome will be. It isn’t necessarily linked to how severe your migraine is.

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Diagnosis: ear infection w/swollen lymph glands. Given a prescription for Augmentin for 10 days. No ear drops. Also given a flu shot.

Sounds less than optimal.  Good luck with the antibiotics!

Just called the clinic about doing another blood test for kidney function.  My primary care person is out of the office until Nov 2nd, so I may have to wait until then to get an order for the blood draw issued as it's not an emergency.  With any luck it will be above 60 and I will be able to go back to normal amounts of tea of a morning.

I had blood draws done yesterday to test for anemia. Again. Specifically, a CMP, a CBC, and a magnesium level. I should be getting the results today.

I also had my Moderna booster vaccination yesterday, and am dealing with a case of "Moderna arm." Quite sore. I'm also feeling somewhat bleh, on top of the suspected anemia.

My Moderna booster "bleh" went to full-blown "bleaugh" shortly after my previous post. I spent most of yesterday and this morning with nasty chills, headache, muscle soreness, and a huge lump where the injection was given. I was quite miserable. I'm just now coming back to my normal aches and pains.

On 10/28/2021 at 7:47 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

I had blood draws done yesterday to test for anemia

Is your blood too thin?

Let's drain some to find out

Next they will want to bring out the leaches

As for my Moderna vaccination, my only problem was that the pharmacist (not a nurse, not a phlebotomist, a pharmacist) drew blood on the second injection

45 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is your blood too thin?

Let's drain some to find out.

Mine better be thin, or else I’ve been taking all that Wharfarin for nothing.