• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is your blood too thin?

Let's drain some to find out

Next they will want to bring out the leaches

As for my Moderna vaccination, my only problem was that the pharmacist (not a nurse, not a phlebotomist, a pharmacist) drew blood on the second injection

Sounds less than optimum.  I didn't have any problem with the injections, but did have side effects after both shots.  Worse on the 2nd.

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is your blood too thin?

Let's drain some to find out

22 hours ago, ijuin said:

Mine better be thin, or else I’ve been taking all that Wharfarin for nothing.

I'm taking Eliquis instead of Wharfarin. Supposedly fewer side effects,.

13 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm finally off various meds that had being a blood thinner as a side effect

So the Mad Monk has convinced Tsarina  Alexandra Feodorovna to have the physicians treating Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich for haemophilia stop giving the boy blood thinning aspirin?

Remember, just because the early results are promising, you do not need to turn over full care of your child, your home, your family, your business, or your country to Grigori Rasputin

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So the Mad Monk has convinced Tsarina  Alexandra Feodorovna to have the physicians treating Tsarevich Alexei Nikolaevich for haemophilia stop giving the boy blood thinning aspirin?

I thought that aspirin was a post WWI discovery.  No, wait, they lost the trademark due to WWI reparations.  Let my consult professor Google.  Ah, 1899.  Might have been in use then.  Never mind.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:52 PM, mlooney said:

Sounds less than optimum.  I didn't have any problem with the injections, but did have side effects after both shots.  Worse on the 2nd.

I've had Pfizer, just got Booster a month or so ago. 2nd (previous) was the worst reaction. But two weeks after that, I got my first shingles shot, the newer one, and that was bad.

These were both at CVS, and I get my flu shots there; the pharmacists are pretty good.

Pfizer shots here. Not eligible for the booster for another month and a few days.

I had a reaction to the second shot. I would not describe it as a bad reaction, but it's fortunate* that I had no time commitments for the day following because I was exhausted. Just that. No nausea, no pain, just wanted to sleep... from about 11 PM the day of the shot to 9 AM the second day after, I was awake for maybe six hours and less than functional for a chunk of that.

I've heard that reactions to the booster, for the fairly low percentage of the people who have them, tend to be worse than for the second shot. So I recommend that people have no irrevocable time commitments for the TWO days after the booster.

* Pretty normal, actually. I'm retired and MOST days I have no time commitments. In fact I currently have four time commitments this month, three of them already past.

34 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Not eligible for the booster for another month and a few days.

I'm not eligible for roughly 3 years, at least not in Kansas.  Over 65, in long term care, have underlining condition, or "People aged 18-plus years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting may receive a Pfizer or Moderna booster shot, based on their individual benefits and risks".  None of which apply to me.

Had a sore spot on my right ear biopsied Friday at the dermatologist's office. I've had it for nigh on a couple of decades. Used to wear a sleep cap around the house all the time, to the point where I rubbed the spot raw. Stopped doing it in the early part of the 00s. However, the spot never went away, and now it's grown more painful and annoying. Got the doctor to check in on it. Here's hoping it hasn't turned malignant.

I took off the biopsy bandage today, and it was full of blood. I mean, you could have made a Scottish black pudding out of it. Nothing fresh was coming out, thankfully, so there's that, but good lord ... anyway, got Mrs. Prof to put some Vaseline and a fresh bandage on the biopsy cut (doctor's orders, both). She'll need to do this daily until the wound heals completely. I can't do it because I can't see the damned thing. Sorry, Mrs. Prof, I didn't mean to burden you with yet another thing ... :( 

8 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I took off the biopsy bandage today, and it was full of blood.

That sounds really less than good.  Sub-optimal even

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Believe it or not, I have eaten the culinary form of Spotted Dick. It is actually quite good.

All I know about is that it's desert sorta thing and James May made on "Oh Cook", which means, once I unpack it, I have a recipe for it as I have the "Oh Cook" cookbook.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12809716/

Extremely confidential:

How the hell do you make a spouse understand that chronic pain keeps you from doing much of anything? She sees you do one thing, and she automatically assumes you can do everything else (don't ask what the one thing is). It just doesn't work that way. She says she can't count on me for anything - well, she's right, damn it! That's what I've been trying to get across all this time! My disability means I can't be counted on for much of anything at all! I admit it freely. Why can't she understand that?

There's so much more that I need to say, but I shouldn't ... not now. I've said too much already.

I am being scheduled to have another rhizotomy done on me, this time on the right side of my back. It's been hurting for months, well prior to my toe getting infected, but my toe took priority and things just steamrolled from there. This is the first chance I've had to get it done.

I'm waiting for clearance from my primary care doctor to stop taking my Eliquis (blood thinner) for 48 hours prior to the procedure. Once my pain management doctor has that, his scheduler with set me up with a date for the operation. I'm hoping to have it sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I am being scheduled to have another rhizotomy done on me, this time on the right side of my back. It's been hurting for months, well prior to my toe getting infected, but my toe took priority and things just steamrolled from there. This is the first chance I've had to get it done.

I'm waiting for clearance from my primary care doctor to stop taking my Eliquis (blood thinner) for 48 hours prior to the procedure. Once my pain management doctor has that, his scheduler with set me up with a date for the operation. I'm hoping to have it sooner rather than later.

Good luck!

Clearance came, and my Rhizotomy is scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 9:45 a.m. Central time. I'm off my blood thinner, as well as my Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) pre-op. The doctor will be going in and killing the nerves on the right side of my lumbar spine this time around. He did the left side and my tailbone last time. I'm looking forward to some real relief. Again, please wish me luck.

The procedure went well, although I am having a rough time shaking off the anesthetic. A nurse called to check on me. She said it could take a day to a day-and-a-half to get it all out of my system. If it's not all out of my system by tomorrow, I'm supposed to call my operating doctor (the pain management doctor).