• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

Changing Medications (Level of Trust Required)

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can one enjoy a proper cup of tea without extending the Pinkey?

My pinky is pretty much permanently extended involuntarily. I can't get it to retract under any kind of control.

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can one enjoy a proper cup of tea without extending the Pinkey?

My pinky is pretty much permanently extended involuntarily. I can't get it to retract under any kind of control.

Got my stitches out from my hand and my elbow today. Oww. There were 5 stitches at the base of the palm of my hand, and 8 in a semicircle below my elbow. There's a lot of post-removal swelling and pain in both. I've had to resume the dual painkiller (Dilaudid + Hydrocodone) regimen temporarily until things calm down. Should only be a day or so. However, the full extent of the swelling won't go away for around 3 months, according to the doctor.

Got her to take yet another look at a lump that appeared the day before my surgery on the inside of the bend of my left elbow. It's been accompanied by a rash, which was pretty bad after they removed the wrap last week. The lump is more painful, although the rash has faded a tiny bit. She told me to get the lump looked at - I'm assuming she meant by my primary care doctor. Bleh.

Had a broken tooth cut out under sedation today. The fun never ends, it would seem. Things went well. I wish they would have put me completely under, but they didn't. They put me just enough out in order to get the job done. Fun.

Got my latest COVID-19 bivalent booster shot last night. Waiting for the nasty side effects to kick in, like they did for the previous shots. So far, they haven't. Maybe the iron infusion has given me some strength against them (I hope I hope I hope).

In the meanwhile, almost all of my steri-strips fell off of my wrist in the shower while I was getting ready to go get my shot last night. Since I was going to a CVS pharmacy to get the shot, it was an easy enough task to get more and replace them, but it was a few anxiety-provoking moments until they were replaced.

56 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Got my latest COVID-19 bivalent booster shot last night. Waiting for the nasty side effects to kick in, like they did for the previous shots. So far, they haven't. Maybe the iron infusion has given me some strength against them (I hope I hope I hope).

In the meanwhile, almost all of my steri-strips fell off of my wrist in the shower while I was getting ready to go get my shot last night. Since I was going to a CVS pharmacy to get the shot, it was an easy enough task to get more and replace them, but it was a few anxiety-provoking moments until they were replaced.

I need to get my next booster, but I got COVID in Sept, and have been advised to wait a few months. Fortunately, being shot up, it was a fairly severe flu, nothing worse.

Just got off a zoom meeting with my shrink.  She's not really happy about the fact that I am getting 12-14 hours of sleep a day, however doesn't want to change my meds as they are working for everything else.  She suggested that I try to stay up later, which is probably a good idea anyway.  I have several projects I could be working on, but I've been just going to bed around dusk (or earlier if I have body aches).  Well see her again in 8 weeks.

My edema in my legs is on the verge of going out of control. The right leg is getting in on the serious swelling now, and it's not normally the one that swells up so much. This is despite my primary care physician increasing my Bumex diuretic to the maximum daily dosage (10mg, divided into 6mg in the morning and 4mg at night - been on that dosage since Thursday morning). Sigh and a half. I really don't know what to do anymore. I've set a net weight threshold that, if my body passes it, I'm going back to the hospital Emergency Room. Please wish me all the luck in the world that I don't pass that number, or even get close and start hovering around it.

16 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Please wish me all the luck in the world that I don't pass that number, or even get close and start hovering around it.

Good luck!  You deserve a break and I don't mean a bone.

18 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Please wish me all the luck in the world that I don't pass that number, or even get close and start hovering around it.

Indeed. I hope things go well for you.

59 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Back from the clinic.  Nothing wrong.  The first time my blood pressure was taken it was ungodly high.  2nd time, normal.  Need to see her again in 6 months.

I had this a few years ago, am on meds for it, but blood pressure is, uhm, 'well managed' now. The meds continue, of course.

My edema (swelling) in my legs has been getting out of control lately, and other symptoms have been joining in the fray. My breathing has been rough, I've had a couple of anxiety attacks (linked to the breathing, I guess), and I'm having issues staying conscious at times. I reported everything to my doctor, and he called me in for lab work, which showed that my kidneys aren't functioning right and that my anemia is progressing despite the iron infusions. He's referred me over to my cardiologist for an echocardiogram (I assume) to see if my kidneys and my anemia are pushing me into Congestive Heart Failure. I'm hoping I'll hear from him sometime today.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

... I've had a couple of anxiety attacks ...

Yeah, no <biological waste products>.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

...I'm hoping I'll hear from him sometime today.

Same as above.

Dude, I hope it goes well for you. You are still in my prayers.

6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

He's referred me over to my cardiologist for an echocardiogram (I assume) to see if my kidneys and my anemia are pushing me into Congestive Heart Failure. I'm hoping I'll hear from him sometime today.

Hope everything works out for you!

The referral for the echocardiogram at my cardiologist didn't work out. There was an initial miscommunication, and by the time that was fixed, it was too late to do one today, and no spots were available for Friday. I'm going to write a message to my primary care doctor now to see about scheduling with another cardiologist, if that can be done.

That sucks.  At least you live in a city that has more than one cardiologist.   I suspect that the nearest one for me is in Joplin. <Google> No there seems to be three in town, 2 of which share an office and the 3rd being part of the hospital.  

Never heard anything Friday. Still waiting.

Just fought off an anxiety attack due to breathing congestion. A couple of sprays of Afrin opened things up and allowed me to relax.

BTW, in the midst of all of this, I saw my surgeon about my carpal/cubital tunnel syndrome operation on my left side this past Thursday. My elbow is healing well, although the nurse left a stitch in it for an extra 2 weeks. My wrist is doing fine, but my ring/pinky fingers are kind of dragging in terms of recovery since I haven't been referred to physical therapy yet. My first appointment is this coming Tuesday, hopefully not in conflict with the echocardiogram. 

I finally had my echocardiogram today. The preliminary results are in already. There's no note from my doctor yet, but there's the following Interpretation Summary from the doctor who read the data from the echocardiogram proper:

• Left Ventricle: Normal systolic function with an estimated EF of 65 - 70%.
  • Right Ventricle: Right ventricle size is normal. Normal RV systolic function.
  • Left Atrium: Left atrium is dilated.
  • Tricuspid Valve: Physiologically normal tricuspid regurgitation.
  • Aorta: Aortic root size is mildly enlarged at 4.00 cm.
  • IVC/SVC: Normal IVC (estimated RAP ~3 mmHg).

I leave this here with no further interpretation, until I get something from a cardiologist or from my primary care physician. That'll probably be tomorrow.

I am not having fun at the moment. I seem to be caught in a vicious cycle. I can only stay awake for around an hour before passing out. Then, once asleep, I can only stay asleep for an hour before my entire right arm "falls asleep" (goes numb, loses sensation, etc.) and wakes me back up. Lather, rinse repeat for most of the day today. I've had problems with the arm falling asleep and waking me up, but not this frequently.

As if I didn't have enough shiat to put up with already.